Where do we go next?

Comments

• On the debate last night Merse and Bellamy both thought that we are in trouble. They feel that teams have sussed us out and once they get possession if they attack with pace we are done for because we have no pace in midfield or defence and we can't keep teams out.
    Strangely though they thought that the players we brought in were not Pellegrini's choice and that they are the wrong players for us. I thought that Pelle claimed he told the owners who he wanted and they tried to ensure they got them.
  • Well if you want to believe Merson and Bellamy.....
  • thorn

I think that shows that they are wrong. The players were his choice he was very clear about that. Also, Masuaku, Fredericks and Diop are all very quick. I don’t know how people have sussed us out when we haven’t even worked out how we’re trying to play yet
  • I could probably take one or two may not of been but surely he must have wanted the others along with his director of football, pelle himself said in his interview it wasn’t good enough especially at home but we need one win to get us started and me personally don’t believe we will be relagated
  • edited September 2018
    I so wish we could fast forward 3 months to Xmas...

Couple of points that have been mentioned; this stuff about Moyes 'sorting out the sides fitness'. Personally, much like the 'made us solid with the back five' one, I think that is a complete myth too. We took many thrashings under Moyes & there were plenty of games where we looked far from fit. A few I can think of way into his tenure included Liverpool (4-1), Swansea (4-1), Burnley (0-3), Man City (1-4), Arsenal (4-1), Stoke (1-1). So let's not pretend we were this fully functioning solid, fit unit. He tweaked the system & we intertwined the thrashings with important victories, normally led by MOTM performances by Arnie.

Also, just a quick comparison, our results last season away at Anfield, the Emirates, at home to Bournemouth & last seasons equivalent side to Wolves (Newcastle, who won the Championship the season before), saw us record results of 4-1, 4-1, 1-1 (a game we were also losing) & 2-3; a grand total of 1 point from 12. Our next few fixtures - Everton (a), Chelsea (h), Man Utd (h), Brighton (a), Spurs (h) - saw us take 4 points last season. So, actually, if we sit with 5 points after 9 games, we are on par with last seasons equivalent. If we take 6 or more, we have improved. In other words, a point at Everton puts us level with the equivalent set of fixtures last season.

I think if we are going to get fully on board with a Pelle & player bashing, we need to do so looking at it fairly. Personally I feel being constructive is better than labelling the side & management useless. Merse & Bellers piping up is also a bit needless (plus Cottee). None of them know anything beyond what we all know. They don't know who wanted the players, who we didn't sign, who Pelle didn't ask for & we also haven't settled on an 11 to play a certain style, so to say we've been 'sussed' is almost laughable.

Finally, this is what happens when you continually have seasons where the board don't know what they want or where they want to go. Grant, followed by stability Sam, followed by ambitious Bilic, followed by another short term fix. They have finally settled on a lucrative manager, given him money & said 'make it happen'. Reality is it doesn't just 'happen', & whilst you could have a go at the Dave's for being so indecisive in the past, always going to the quick fix, they have now decided they want to overhaul the management, scouting, squad & playing style, & we have to go with that & see it through. Not start talking about abandoning it after 3 weeks.
  • I wasn't saying they were right, just reporting what they said.
  • Inflates the bubble, though. This is why people think there’s only negativity among fans, and why the Yanks think London is a no-go zone.
  • edited September 2018
    Also, the Paul Merson who has just said we've signed the wrong players & he's not sure who signed who & if they were forced on Pelle etc, is the same Paul Merson who graded us an 'A' for our transfer business when he reviewed all 20 PL clubs summer deals just before the season kicked off. ;ok
  • Saw that lukerz is he back on the source
  • My main gripe is imo, they seem to lack fight and will to win. I'm not saying that it won't happen but at the moment it isn't happening.
  • "Where do we go next", Championship probably.
  • edited September 2018
    Lukerz gets 22 likes - watch out Pelle, we have a new manager waiting in the wings.
  • I was happy with the new manager

I was happy with the players brought in.

I once again don't understand why am I now unhappy as usual 4 games into a season as we have a team that looks disorganised and shows so little fight and looks like fighting relegation again?

I don't know where we go next as nothing seems to change.
  • Lukerz gets 22 likes - watch out Pelle, we have a new manager waiting in the wings.

I was only agreeing with the bit which says "I so wish we could fast forward 3 months to Xmas..."

I stopped reading after that.
  • Couldn’t agree more with those views.
  • Evolution, not revolution. ;ok
  • imagelost said:

2863F191-AEB8-4EEE-A574-EE99717D5D1A

More please
  • Chelsea. Bring it on coyi
  • Welll not bad ;cheers
    coyi
  • edited September 2018
    West Ham youths are playing spuds at Chadwell Heath
  • Football is a funny old thing isn't it

1 month ago we were all a bit down in the dumps after losing to Wolves...now there is real optimism at the club

We are playing good football and have strength throughout the team

Fab is one of the bargains of the summer
    Diop & Balbuena are looking better every week
    Zab has come back into form
    Rice-Obiang-noble is providing a solid combination that has great balance between protecting the defence and linking to the attack
    And our front 3 is as exciting as anyone's outside the top 6

Pellegrini has them playing with an identity and a game plan that you can see (which you couldn't always under Slaven and Moyes)

Sure there are going.ti be some sub par performances but feels like we are looking up
  • Champo agree with your post apart from the zab coming back into form because imo he’s always been on form
  • Cuz

100% agree ;ok

Top top player and a real role model for any young player
  • Who will we lose to next? Assuming we aren't going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season?
  • I’m not assuming that ;lol
  • MrsGrey said:

Who will we lose to next? Assuming we aren't going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season?

Knowing us It'll probably be Brighton...its the west ham way
  • WHU,

We don't do well against them when we play them on a Friday! ;weep
  • edited October 2018
    Lukerz said:

We won’t have 0 points after 8 so don’t worry yourself.

Lukerz said:

We won’t have 0 points after 8 so don’t worry yourself.

Duly bookmarked ;wink
    ;whistle ;wink

Not that I gloat ;biggrin