Adam Lallana? How? (England Squad named ahead of September internationals)

edited August 2018 in Men's Internationals
I mean, just, how?

Comments

• Rest of the squad:
    Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Alex McCarthy (Southampton), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), John Stones (Manchester City), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).
  • I’m sorry! What?

Larlarnar has been selected for the current England squad!?

;lol
  • I'm impressed that Welbeck made it in. Hopefully, neither will get injured in the warm up.

Also, when its quoted you have to be playing for your club to be considered for a call up, I assume Loftus Cheek and Delph have get out of jail free cards? Maybe the top 6 have them and the other clubs have never seen one?
  • ;hmm
    Luke shaw
    Are you shaw, I mean are you shaw
  • To be fair to Loftus Cheek and Delph they were in the World Cup squad.
  • Lallana has made a grand total of 1 start since the beginning of last season.
  • Lallana & Welbeck stand out as poor choices but think the rest of the squad is fair

Think delph & RLC are fair game from the squad given their full season form last year

Would've liked to see Wilson there for Welbecm but let's be honest he never really been seriously considered for a tournament in the past and while he's started well he always plays well against us so probably makes him look better than he is

Went to see Foden, Rancho, Mount etc but they to play more to actually get considered
  • Mount is playing well at derby according to the locals in my pub that have season tickets at derby