Arsenal away 25th Aug, the battle at the bottom, can we keep it below 5?

edited August 2018 in Match Threads
Taking one for the team, which is more than the first 11 can do, time to drop oggy and noble and give the all the new players a run to try and get the monies worth?

Comments

• Need to start Sanchez. As bad as he has appeared of late (in the World Cup), it is simply not possible for us to be any worse defensively. There might be a miracle and he might surprise us all
  • The gooners almost level with us on GD :)
  • Relegation six pointer by the looks of it
  • Matchday 3 is this season’s first relegation six pointer
  • Spoke too soon, it appears they have a spine ;weep
  • Sanchez, Perez and Diop to start?

And, although the squad is apparently complete, should Pellegrini be dusting down his old Rolodex and phoning to enquire whether Yaya Toure has anything planned for the next ten months?
  • Ah, excellent, they're getting some confidence ahead of next week.

4-0.

Then a week of the 'it takes time to gel', 'we're working hard in training', 'we have enough quality to get out of this' rhetoric before the next surrender.

Two games in and I've already had enough. A new personal record.
  • edited August 2018
    Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Yarmolenko - Noble - Obiang - Wilshere - Anderson
    Arnautovic

Adrian, Balbuena, Masuaku, Rice, Sanchez, Hernandez, Perez
  • I’d play Sanchez in a game we’re not expecting to win let him loose see what he can do I’d play rice with rocky at the back as well
  • Fab
    Fredericks Diop Oggy Cressy
    Obiang Rice Wilshere
    Yarmo Arnie Anderson
  • edited August 2018
    I don't want Noble anywhere near the squad let alone the first team. The speed of Arsenal will leave him in their dust. Pelle talks about pace and then picks the slowest midfielder we have. Let's be honest, Noble has had one good season in the last, no forget that, he's had one good season ever.
    Is there an emoji for "duck, take cover"?
  • Pellegrini has lost me already. Those two games stunk of bad preparation, and lack of any desire. I am already looking foward to the international break.
  • Last season our problem was conceding goals, not necessarily scoring them. This season both are problems - in our first two games, have we actually created any decent chances from open play? Already we can see there a heap of problems.
  • With a new manager, new recruits, a new system, a leaky defence and zero points....

It must be comforting to know....

They play....

West Ham next week ;whistle
  • Where is Moyes
  • edited August 2018
    imagelost said:

Where is Moyes

Having a swift pint with BFS ;lol
  • Fab
    Fredericks Diop Oggy Cressy
    Obiang Rice Wilshere
    Yarmo Arnie Anderson

Captain? Not Arnie, I'm not convinced he has the temperament for it
  • in our first two games, have we actually created any decent chances from open play?

Hernandez and Arnie both forced smart saves from Begovic in the first half and Hernandez probably have scored if Ake hadn't clipped him.
  • We’re not bottom anymore. Yipeeee
  • DJ Hammer said:

We’re not bottom anymore. Yipeeee

What !
  • edited August 2018
    imagelost said:

DJ Hammer said:

We’re not bottom anymore. Yipeeee

What !
    Indeed, there is a worse team then West Ham, but the Huddersfield, have just played manchi
  • We’re on the up ;cool
  • and Huddersfield didn't blow 100m or have a title winning manager....
  • We will smash the Gooners. ;scarf
  • 3-0 loss with Pellers blaming the kitman for his lack of preparation.
  • Let's be honest, Noble has had one good season in the last, no forget that, he's had one good season ever.

Arguably the worst take I have ever seen on this forum. He’s been in our first team for like 13/14 years under several different managers. He’s been captain under three.

For a fan base that regularly claims to pride itself on our academy, it absolutely baffles me how quickly people want to throw Noble under the bus.
  • edited August 2018
    Alderz, that was not a knee-jerk comment.
    I honestly have never been a huge fan of Noble. I've always thought that as soon as he was on the ball any momentum was lost,
    I've never considered him as anything but a hard-working but slow journeyman player.
    I don't buy into the "he's one of our own" stuff, although I appreciate that he gives his all and that there's no disputing his love and commitment for the club.
    It's no coincidence that he's never been a transfer target, is it.
  • alderz,

How many of the Manchester City team last season came through their academy?

Rio Ferdinand said at the weekend where are the players coming through from ours into the first team. He quoted several including himself who had in the past done so, and we are supposed to pride ourselves on how good ours is.
  • edited August 2018
    First, footballs different now. It's harder to get into the 1st team as a young kid, so what do they do between the ages of 18 and 23?

Second, who actually prides themselves on how good our Academy is. Really. And those that do, why? Reality check needed imo.
This discussion has been closed.