The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Er, DJ, have you had your eyes checked recently...
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44896788

This is not a hard one Pep, as there are many clubs who would be very pleased to have Joe in the Championship but as long as his wages are vastly inflated in proportion to his actual ability you will always struggle now. In my view Hart had his reputation inflated but the cat is out the bag as they say.
  • Don't know if its just me ,but I love football so much I would take any cut in wages just to play the game .I know its a short life being a football player and they should earn what the market will pay ,,but at the same time its a short life to play the game we love ,and im sure Hart has earned more money already then I could ever hope to have
  • Thats true but the same time this usually happens more seasoned players

They have often been pros over 10 years, they are now passed their peak and in Joes case he isnt likely to go to a team who will improve his trophy cabinet. If i was on £150k a week, a load of trophies, international caps not to mention a lot of public ridicule why would i take a pay cut when i could just wait a year

The fact hes moved on to Torino and us show hes definately tried to reignite his career....however poorly its gone
  • Everton are close to signing Watford’s Richarlison for £50m. What??????
  • He was ok for the first of the season but he didn't score a goal after November. I think Everton are having their pants pulled down again. ;lol
  • Leicester pay £12.5m for Liverpool's reserve goalkeeper!?

The world has officially gone mad.

(I said that when Blackburn paid 3 million quid for Shearer).
  • Antonio + 50m for Zaha and job done.
  • So a keeper who is seemingly worse than Karius and mignolet is worth £12.5m?? ;lol
  • edited July 2018
    https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/players/martinez-west-ham-pre-season-14927072

Mentions possibly loaning out or selling a few of the young players but no mention of what he plans to do with Quina who is probably the best of the lot? I do hope we won't regret letting him go if that's what happens as he appears to be higher rated. Playing well for Portugal at an Under 19 tournament at the moment.
  • 5 goals = 50 million... ;doh
  • What a steal Fabianksi was then!
  • Lukerz said:

Everton are close to signing Watford’s Richarlison for £50m. What??????

Sounds mad, but then it's only the owners backing the new manager. Which is a good thing, surely?
  • The irony that they have been saying what a waste of money Anderson was....when anderson got more goals + assists while playing less than half of the minutes that Richarlson did in their respective leagues

• A few reports saying obiang close to a sampdoria move...strange given he has played a lot in preseason
  • I think we bought him from Sampdoria. Seems a strange move to me if he goes back. ;hmm
  • Lots of reports saying Obiang is definitely staying.
  • edited July 2018
    Lots of reports making no mention of Obiang at all.

What does it all mean? ;wahoo
  • I have seen a few, with one of them saying he made 21 appearances last season and he's never been able to prove himself at this level. I think that might be because the last two seasons he's been injured towards the end of the two seasons.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/football/obiang-closing-in-on-sampdoria-move/ar-BBKUz9N
  • I'm not even sure how you can be "expected to soon be in position to potentially sign someone."
  • It is a very conditional sentence isn't it
    expected to soon be in position to potentially sign someone.
    But then the body of the article names that someone and says that we have made a 17m euro offer for Thiago Mendes. Nothing conditional about that!!
  • I think the 'potentially sign' is from the sportwitness bods.

The 'expected to be soon' is in the French, from what I can see, but my French isn't good enough to know if that is a good translation, or simply a slightly Google-fied one which might have a better translation, like 'preparing' or something:

et des clubs anglais comme West Ham devraient bientôt se positionner.

• Wolves close to signing Joao Moutinho for £5mil....

Another cheap coup for Wolves possibly
  • He’s not young but Wolves are using their Portuguese connections well. I can see them staying up this season.
  • Well you have to leave a space for Sparky to go down along with Colin and one other,probably Mr Wagner.
  • £600k seems way too low given that barca want him

Hope that there is a pretty big future sell on fee as the boy has talent

Dont mind losing oxford for £12mil + and a good sell on fee as i dont think he is going to realise his potential unless he actually leaves
  • Stefano Sturaro's agent has been talking to the Italian press about the Juventus midfielder, with West Ham and Leicester reportedly keen on signing him.

Gazetta Dello Sport reports the 25-year-old midfielder is valued at around £17.9m, and that both English clubs have made 'big offers' for him.

Unlikely to be true?
This discussion has been closed.