Comments

• I really like what we're doing here. We're signing players that have all captained their previous teams. Wilshere at Arsenal, Diop at Toulouse and now Balbuena.

Our mental fragility was brutally exposed on a number of occasions last season, so getting players with good leadership qualities can only benefit us.
  • balbuena confirmed.

#TheGenerall ???? Love our media team. ;lol
  • Not sure how they wangled the work permit.
  • OCS

Exactly what i was thinking, especially after the questions whether we are making too many changes

There is a mentality problem at the club, even wth a strong looking team we fall apart so easily

Wonder how good he actually is,may be a big step up bit he's highly rated, a good age and at a reported £4mil it isnt.really much of a risk

Welcome to the club ;scarf
  • Don't know anything about the General. But he does look as hard as nails!

Welcome sir.
  • Welcome to West Ham United FC.
    May you hit the ground, running for us
    coyi
  • Salutes you sir

20180714_181209
  • ;clap welcome and good luck ;scarf
  • He was captain at Corinthians and Diop captain at Toulouse so hopefully we will have plenty of leadership and good attitude at the back
  • And ability I hope
  • IronHerb said:

balbuena confirmed.

#TheGenerall ???? Love our media team. ;lol

Salute’ie
  • TheGeneralIsHere

Pesky sans serif ;lol
  • He looks like a unit with him and Diop shouldn’t be getting bullied on corners....
  • I doubt he'll be fazed by the Prem. The Brazilian (make that South American) crowds volatile nature means it kicks off plenty compared to out once a season Burnley invasions.

There have been a lot of positive things said about him. Enough to make me think of going Bazbuena if hes a starter. I'm happy, as with all the other TFs, that we've got him!
  • Bazshuayi said:

I doubt he'll be fazed by the Prem. The Brazilian (make that South American) crowds volatile nature means it kicks off plenty compared to out once a season Burnley invasions.

There have been a lot of positive things said about him. Enough to make me think of going Bazbuena if hes a starter. I'm happy, as with all the other TFs, that we've got him!

That proposed new profile name is, to me, a no-buena
  • edited July 2018
    Again, don't know much about him. Obviously has leadership qualities & I can only assume Pelle felt that was an area we really struggled in last season; mentality & a want to win games. South American CB's are often rugged & 'take no prisoner' types, but as was shown with the likes of Demichellis (who Pelle managed), that kind of reckless style can find you out in the PL. If you dive in regularly you normally end up picking the ball out your net. Hopefully at 26 there is more development to come as he adjusts & his qualities that they think he has shine through.
  • Whenever I hear his name I think of Rocky...
    So welcome Rocky ;ok
  • If the video is anything to go by, he could probably nick the ball off Anderson two times out of three...oh.
    Start again... if the video is anything to go by, we have here someone who tackles like Bobby Moore, heads like McGuire and passes like Ginge...oh.
    Start again... etc... I think he looks a great prospect. If he can play for Paraguay...oh.
    Last try. I think he could be the bargain signing of the seven. Really.
    Welcome and ;ok from me, General.
  • edited July 2018
    Jay, you beat me to it, and what with our Spanish goalkeeper, it really was a no-buena. ;biggrin

Can just hear it now, Aadriaaaan, your ball. ;biggrin

His partner, btw is named Adriana Duarte. ;wink
  • I'm slightly less optimistic Batshuayi will join us ;whistle ;weep So I'm hoping I am not jinxing Fabian by adopting his name ;pray
  • I saw this earlier re Rocky 👏🏻

• Such a good thing to read about Moyes. Very pleased we have him at West Ham.
  • Thanks for posting that alderz. A great read and a fantastic thing to write, nice bloke