The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• In light of the Andy news I think a bid needs to be made for somebody like Rondon. We need to basically plan for him leaving at the end of this season.
  • I can see Rondons positives but the guy just doesnt score goals.
  • Bazshuayi said:

I can see Rondons positives but the guy just doesnt score goals.

Neither does AC since he is usually on the treatment table.
  • Like for like then as ever you will get
  • Yes, but why pay another reported 16M relegation clause price for Rondon? ;hmm
  • Will it be bad karma if we announce the signing of Felipe on Fri 13th?.. ;hmm
  • I don't think we can afford (in various senses) to bring in a like for like player while AC is still with us, and I don't really think it is necessary.

If we get Anderson over the line, then we have Arnie, Yarmo and Anderson who can all play the main forward role.
  • edited July 2018
    grey - not sure Yarmolenko or Anderson are suited to being the main target up front. Both are more No.10’s or wingers. No more square pegs in round holes. With Carroll out it leaves us with Arnie and Hernandez. We need another body. Carroll will be let go this time next year anyway, so get someone in and give them a season to gel with the side and settle in. So not so much a stop gap signing, more a long term replacement.
  • Can Anderson? ;hmm

Genuine question, as I thought he was a winger/No10.

Arnie and Yarmo are very similar so I think they can rotate the centre forward role, but I would still like to see another striker come in to at least cover Carroll's latest absence.
  • I think getting a replacement in will depend on what happens with little pea. If he goes, I would imagine we would definitely replace.
  • I don’t think that’s right Grey. Anderson is a small-ish winger type and not really suited to the striker role. Yarmolenko is similar in stature to Arnie but hasn’t played as a centre forward.

I’ve had a look on tranfermarkt and they’ve both played about 5 games as a centre forward in their career. Even though these stats aren’t 100% accurate, they haven’t been used in a striker role much at all.
  • Arnie moved from winger to forward with out too much trouble, I think Yarmolenko has similar attributes so could step in if necessary. I think Carroll wont be replaced unless we sell 3 or 4 players the FFP could be a problem
  • So since Arnie was able to, that means Yarmie (trying it out!) will? That’s risky. I think if Hugill goes, we will bring in a striker (possibly on loan).

And I think we will be selling players anyway, as per the rumours.
  • And I just saw that Lukerz beat me to my first point.
  • Thats personally why i'd keep Antonio think he always does pretty well as a striker when called upon

Hes not natural there nor is gonna get a load of goals but with his pace/power he usually holds its up and gets us up the pitch....if he can stay fit that is
  • 'Holds the ball up'... ;hmm Palace anyone? ;whistle
  • Yarmolenko has 143 goals in 367 games I would prefer him upfront to Hughil but obviously I would prefer a proper striker in that position. I think we will be flogging a few in the next few weeks can see Hughill /Snodgrass/Antonio/Quina/Oxford all be sold to fund maybe another signing or two
  • I’d offer a payment to release AC as I’ve stated I like him but we aren’t going to offer another deal, three months takes us to November/December so not get much game time out of him, not that we ever have. So it’s not cover we need it’s a replacement and hugill imo won’t be given the opportunity given that at he hasn’t thus far in his West Ham career
  • I don't think the board are going to have enough money to get a replacement in after Anderson (potentially Balbuena and maybe Stuaro) come in.
  • With a front four potentially of Yarmie, Marko, Chicharito & Anderson, there's got to be a way we incorporate that into a version of YMCA...
  • Out of interest, has anyone watched this Anderson guy play before? Anybody follow Serie A? I ask as I see loads of comments on forums & social media about what a class signing he'll be, but before this window I'd never heard of him or seen him & I watch a lot of football lol. Wonder how many of the comments are from people who know anything about him.
  • Was thinking the same. I've never heard of him.
  • To be honest lukerz I’ve heard of him but never seen him actually play but I can’t recall making a comment as such, friends of mine who are scousers say they have seen him and say he looks class
  • Here you go Lukerz Ade

• Lukerz said:

Out of interest, has anyone watched this Anderson guy play before? Anybody follow Serie A? I ask as I see loads of comments on forums & social media about what a class signing he'll be, but before this window I'd never heard of him or seen him & I watch a lot of football lol. Wonder how many of the comments are from people who know anything about him.

It was the same with Carvalho and Dendoncker. I don’t follow the Portuguese league and certainly don’t follow the Belgian league. At least Carvalho plays regularly for Portugal (but I rarely watch them play anyway).
  • I trust Pellegrini knows what he is doing. Anderson looks good from the clips above has good feet quick can beat his man and some decent finishes in there aswell I look forward to seeing our front 3 with Arnie and Yarmolenko I think we could cause teams a lot of problems and be a lot better counter attacking
  • And from the clips he looks unselfish too and uses both feet
This discussion has been closed.