Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

They aren't injuries that have happened at the same time. They aren't new injuries. They are pre-existing injuries which require further surgical intervention.

If you believe the club's statement, yes.

Some won't.

All I'm saying is that it could be seen as something more than coincidence given the persistent rumours about Carroll's off-the-pitch habits.
  • Well it is quite incredible how they can all have pre-season medical/fitness checks and yet clear him to play 45 mins in the first friendly before discovering he has a pre-existing issue that needs further surgery.
  • So AC's a well known junkie, Reids a secret junkie and Lukerz is a doctor. ;lol
  • Dr lukerz I presume lol
  • #Lukerz Aid
  • edited July 2018
    Bazshuayi said:

#Lukerz Aid

Comment of the Year
  • Nope second to the OCS dream about being a garden centre employee with Grey as his manager
  • edited July 2018
    Bazshuayi said:

#Lukerz Aid

FF team Lukerz Aid Sportz?
  • new medical staff finally work out how to protect Carrolls ankle during games!

giphy
  • a big if but if what I heard is true do we have a case for sacking him or at least suspending his wages?

heard the injury to andy was caused by him climbing a hotel balcony. Given his track record I think he should volunteer to not be paid.
  • MrsGrey said:

Bazshuayi said:

#Lukerz Aid

FF team Lukerz Aid Sportz?
    Nabbing that thanks MrsG ;ok
  • Mc

What, climbing a balcony in Switzerland? Seems a tad unlikely.
  • Perhaps he was yodelling too hard...
  • McHammer said:

a big if but if what I heard is true do we have a case for sacking him or at least suspending his wages?

heard the injury to andy was caused by him climbing a hotel balcony. Given his track record I think he should volunteer to not be paid.

IF it is proved to be correct I don't believe it is in his nature to agree to not being paid. ;ok
  • edited July 2018
    again I must stress the sources are not strong yet. Nice oatcakes though

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/280861/carroll-injured-supposedly-climbing-balcony

On twitter as well, both drunk and sent home allegedly

If he has broken rules then we have a case. His sell on value is forever dimishing and contract running down so I'd be tempted to get rid. Sad as it is
  • That came from a twitter user who was clearly saying it tongue in cheek whilst awaiting what the ‘shock news’ was. He wasn’t being serious. ;ok
  • Thanks Lukerz, I don't do twitter so couldn't check.
  • I also think, I'll defer to Dr Lukerz though, ;wink that a ruptured ACL is more than 3 months.
  • Look at you, bringing facts to a rumours game.

Where will that get you? ;wink
  • edited July 2018
    In Winston's case it will probably be 6 months.
  • McHammer said:

again I must stress the sources are not strong yet. Nice oatcakes though

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/280861/carroll-injured-supposedly-climbing-balcony

On twitter as well, both drunk and sent home allegedly

If he has broken rules then we have a case. His sell on value is forever dimishing and contract running down so I'd be tempted to get rid. Sad as it is

Ps. Dimishing is an ironic diminished version of diminishing!
  • Cresswell back in full training (info from OS)
  • Need to get him back to the form he showed in his first 2 years as he has probably regressed the most since the move to the OS

Think Pellgrini will use a back 4 and i dont think Masuaku is suited to LB so its important he can get back up to full speed fast
  • This is doing the rounds today....

Winston Reid apparently out for 6-9 months not 3...
  • It will probably be 7-10
  • From today's Betway Cup match preview: Aaron Cresswell is also back in training after recovering from the minor injury that ruled him out of the club's opening four pre-season matches
  • edited July 2018
    Pelle on the OS:
    “We will try, if we don’t take any risks, Felipe can play some minutes in the game we are going to play on Friday, but maybe it will be more difficult for Andriy to play."
    Sounds like Yarmo is injured then.

Welcome to West Ham, son.
  • An article about the wages cost of injuries in the PL last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45045561