Liverpool v West Ham 13:30 12th August 2018 Match Thread

edited July 2018 in Match Threads
I know it's a bit early but I can't wait for the new season to start.

New Manager and nearly new team and plenty of exciting new players.

Let battle commence!

Comments

• This summer is so optimistic, it can only be leading up to a 5-0 loss and three red cards against Liverpool.
  • Realistically how many of those Liverpool stars will be playing in the first game considering the World Cup ?
  • This summer is so optimistic, it can only be leading up to a 5-0 loss and three red cards against Liverpool.

Injuries.

Don't forget the injuries.
  • Realistically how many of those Liverpool stars will be playing in the first game considering the World Cup ?

Sadly you may be right and we won’t get the chance to face lovren
  • Ppretty sure apart from Lovren, Henderson and Mane none really were at the World Cup or at least didnt get significant minutes

• But doesn't their involvement at world cup make it less likely ? Alexander-Arnold / Salah ?
  • edited July 2018

Ppretty sure apart from Lovren, Henderson and Mane none really were at the World Cup or at least didnt get significant minutes

And Mignolet, Salah + Firmino,

Even if they didn't play (eg Mignolet) they still get the extended holiday.
  • All of them barring injury I would guess
  • I apologise for using Liverpool in my last post, intended purely as comic relief, and not as an earnest prediction of West Ham's performance against Liverpool. I think a discussion on whether or not Liverpool's World Cup players will play against West Ham should be carried over to the relevant match thread.
  • For us then, Fabianski?
  • edited July 2018
    I am also aware that, as yet, no match thread exists for the fixture Liverpool - West Ham.
  • Go on, then. Start one and I'll move the comments over. ;ok
  • Will we be able to predict starting line ups including those who aren’t at the club yet?
  • edited July 2018
    baracks

Can't see what would stop anyone from doing so.
  • edited July 2018
    Some of these comments were originally part of a discussion posted on the Transfers thread. Which may explain why they seem a bit odd. ;wink
  • Quite a lot of odd ones on here and I include myself MrsGrey lol
  • Cuz1

I will accept all comments, even the odd ones. ;lol
  • Dear Lord, a match thread. Can you not even let us enjoy the rest of the summer before bringing up the horrors of the season that are about to unfold.
  • So the two Prem teams highest on the optimism scale right now are playing against each other. After this game, the optimism scale will have to be redrawn to measure the optimism quotient of the winner. Which team? Ah... ;hmm
  • He's back ;wahoo
  • Alright buddy ;ok
  • www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-set-without-key-names-14913445.amp
  • Right, predict the XI game begins. Subject to injury, I reckon the XI at Anfield will be:

Adrian
    Zabaleta - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Obiang - Wilshere
    Anderson - Arnautovic - Yarmolenko
  • I still think three at the back plus wingback is our way forward. Haven't thought through exactly who, but I am wanting Masuaku at left wing back.
  • That’s not far off what I think it will be. But I think one of Masuaku or Fredericks will start though. But for the rest, I can see it.
  • Gonna see how preseason goes first

Dunno whos gonna be fit/unscathed injury, whos impressing, what system we use etc
  • We need to target the Egyptians shoulder.
  • ibl,

Is that a pub near Anfield? ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.