2018-19 Pre-season: training camps and matches etc (West Ham)

Comments

• I would like them to play in Nuremberg kr Dresden so I can go and watch.
  • Nuremburg has one of only two metro lines in the world to be converted from driver operated to driverless operation, U-bahn 2. The other is Paris Metro M-1. Glasgow's ''Clockwork Orange'' Subway will be the third.

My job's safe...
  • The match tomorrow (2pm UK) is going to be streamed on the club's You Tube channel, according to offish. site ;ok
  • 1-0 down.

Pelle out? ;hmm
  • 1-1

Good team goal, lovley through ball by holland to edimilson who squares for carroll

Boys are looking alright though, defence is a bit shakey but they are passing it nicely
  • Losing 2-1 Carroll missed a penalty and one cleared off line spiegel our old keeper having a good game for them
  • Cue the great debate of 2017 on this forum: Preseason - it’s only about fitness vs performance matters ;lol
  • Defensively we have looked pretty poor

But i like the way we've passed it around

Look forward to seeing Diop and fredericks play

Was impressed with holland in that game

Good to see obiang back
  • Adam

I certainly think that this game, where the entire team changes at HT, with lots of kids getting a chance, can be classified as 'for fitness'.
  • Especially after days of triple training sessions.
  • Adam said:

Cue the great debate of 2017 on this forum: Preseason - it’s only about fitness vs performance matters ;lol

After the 2 shamblic two seasons running in Europe games I agree
  • Im alright letting it slide for the first few but we deffo need to be playing the last preseason games like we are in a competitive game

I know its all relative but Liverpool thrashed a team 6-0 yesterday with two different XIs (plus no world cup players) so its definately not impossible to play well at the start of the pre seasom
  • It is relative. Chester play in the 8th Tier of English football, Winterthur in the Swiss 2nd Tier.
  • No Cresswell today. ;hmm
  • Minor groin injury says the gaffer.
  • Early days, but could already see exactly the direction Pelle is looking to take us with the playing style.
  • Lukerz in what way mate I didn’t get to see it I was working
  • I was interested in this comment from Zaba “Obviously, it always takes a bit of time for the players to understand the way he wants to play, but after two or three weeks, when the physical work stops and we start to work on tactics, I know that we will improve as a team.

Makes it clear where the squad/coaching staff are putting the emphasis at the moment. They are (according to club website) heading out for another triple training session today.
  • edited July 2018
    From the boss:

“At the moment we are just preparing the squad and trying to give a similar amount of minutes, especially in this first week. Then, in the next game we will probably play with one team for around 60 minutes and the first week of August is where we pretend to have the team with all the players we need for next season in their best positions.”

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/july/08-july/pellegrini-pleased-very-useful-pre-season-opener#1KxMB4yTy3ahCYuC.99
  • Huh, sounds like the West Ham management have... a plan!
  • Get outta here....
  • Huh, sounds like the West Ham management have... a plan!

;nonono
  • Jack Wilshere and Arnautovic have joined up with the squad in Switzerland. ;footie
  • edited July 2018
    Updated List:

v FC Winterthur, Venue TBC, Sunday 8 July, 3pm CEST
    v Wycombe Wanderers, Adams Park, Saturday 14 July, 3pm
    v Preston North End, Deepdale, Saturday 21 July, 3pm
    v Aston Villa, Bescot Stadium, Walsall, Wednesday 25 July, 7.45pm
    v Ipswich Town, Portman Road, Saturday 28 July, 3pm

In Austria
    v Mainz, in Austria. 31 July. (Betway Cup)
    v Angers SCO (France Ligue Un) Friday 3 August at 6.30pm CEST (5.30pm BST)

(I think that looks like quite a long list ;hmm )
  • I dont think 7 games over 4 weeks is bad, especially with a new manager who is likely to change our system and different first XIs
  • Latest rumour doing the rounds carrols still not injured
  • Am I right in saying Chicharito is the only player not in Switzerland now?
  • Kouyate & Fabianski aren't yet due to WC. ;ok
  • Oh yeah. Haha! For some reason I thought Fabianksi played against Winterthur.
This discussion has been closed.