Comments

• Good luck Jack. Hope you can stay fit but I feel we have just done another Andy Carroll who we are trying to shift....time will tell.
  • Amazing signing best passer of a ball England have imo pay per play deal according to rumours
  • Welcome good move for both I think and he wanted to come
  • Welcome Jack! Yeold cheer up mate, it may never happen ;lol
  • Yay!

;scarf
  • Wanted us to sign him for a while; his injury record over the past two years isn’t anything to worry about (albeit he was a bit unreliable before that). Think he’ll be a fantastic signing and has that attitude and mentality in him we need to drive the side on.
  • IMO a great piece of business .
    Everything in life is a risk, this is 1 worth taking.
    Welcome Jack ;scarf
  • Great capture.
  • edited July 2018
    jay ;ok

No more of a risk than keeping the likes of Lanzini on the books. Think he is more than capable of filling Lanzini's boots & possibly exceeding them.
  • He’s come home.....

7C8F3EFD-C080-41D1-B299-870826CBDBB2
  • Typical Sully, going for free transfers...

Excellent bit of business.
  • Typical Sully, appointing a DoF who goes after free transfers...

;wink
  • I know stats are decieving but his goals/assits return has never been exceptional so probanly not a direct replacement for Manu but he definately has the qualities to give us something extra that we currently lack

Great signing
  • I think Manu has often flattered to deceive. His goals & assists are very low for a player in his position & with his quality &, when they do come, they are often over the course of a few games (couple of goals, assists in one or two matches). I agree he is not a typical No.10 but I think he can certainly contribute in that area.
  • Did his nurse come with him or do we have to get him a new one ;wink
  • He be using carrols
  • Now now Steve, play nice. ;wink
  • This is a good signing.

I can spell / pronounce his name.

• edited July 2018
    I can just dream of Jack & little gem in
    The same team.. That would be cool IMO
  • Well if we 20 full games a season I think he will prove his worth.

He is a quality player.
  • A quality player with a point to prove as well
  • This is a good signing.

I can spell / pronounce his name.

That’s funny because a lot of people struggle with his last name! Wilshire, Wiltshire, Wilshirt, Will’s-Here
  • Very happy hes come. Definitely in need of a player with his skills.

#I'd rather Jack...
  • ;clap
    Jack
  • edited July 2018
    I would love to have seen the tour we gave Wilshire, bet it started with the medical room.

Just kidding, a few years ago I would have bitten your arm off but now, for me the jury is out on this one, when he went to Bournemouth I threw him straight into my FF squad as I figured he would shine there, but frankly, I am not sure he did.

Let’s us hope that he realizes what we all know is the potential he has.

Welcome to the nuthouse that is WHU ;wink
  • when he went to Bournemouth I threw him straight into my FF squad as I figured he would shine there, but frankly, I am not sure he did.

The 2 things aren't measured in the same way at all. A player can shine for a club but it doesn't always translate into FF points!

And Bournemouth wanted to sign him on a permanent, so he must have done something right. Arsenal wanted to extend his contract.
  • Just kidding, a few years ago I would have bitten your arm off but now, for me the jury is out on this one, when he went to Bournemouth I threw him straight into my FF squad as I figured he would shine there, but frankly, I am not sure he did.

If they gave points for the assist to the assist, I think Jack would score a lot more highly.

As long as availability/appearances makes up a decent chunk of his package, no downsides for me. We got him cheap (no fee at least) and I think we all know we'd never have got him at all without his injury history.
  • Mrs Grey

The emphasis inferred by the use of italics and exclamation marks infer that what I said somehow touched a nerve.

Not really sure why, but you seem to have taken what I said completely literally and I am sure that what you think I said, was not truly what was meant.

;puzzled
  • chicago, I did wonder, but as your comment followed 'only kidding' it looked as though you could be serious. Glad to hear it wasn't - and that you haven't gone totally mad ;phew ;biggrin
  • No need to buy Payet back now. Who knows, as boss of the midfield he may flourish. I'm trying to convince myself here, being of an eternally optimistic nature, but doubts are lurking. Anyway, welcome Jack, you've come home! ;ok