The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• The Times reports Manchester United have ended their interest in Marko Arnautovic.
  • Did they ever start?
  • SSN reporting we are looking to offload Quina
  • I expect he's one of a number of players we're looking to loan out this season.

The potential is there, but he needs a season in the lower leagues, IMO.
  • Lukerz said:

Cardiff sign Bobby Reid & Alex Smithies.

Should have a decent squad for promotion at the first attempt in 2019/20.

It's already shaping up to be an interesting contest between Cardiff and West Ham United. Looking forward to it.

• I expect he's one of a number of players we're looking to loan out this season.

The potential is there, but he needs a season in the lower leagues, IMO.

The Sky report indicates we are looking to sell. Should at least see how he goes in the Under 19 tournament before deciding his fate and MP can't have seen much of him yet to make a decent assessment?
  • edited June 2018
    I am happy to have the head of the Academy making decisions about Academy players. If TW doesn't think he's good enough to recommend to the 1st team manager, that should be that.

Let the Academy manager do his job.

• alderz said:

DM: Rice, Obiang
    MC: Noble, Kouyate
    AM: Snodgrass, Antonio (Arnie)

There isn't much there

I'd forgotten about Fernandes.
  • So had I, apparently
  • ;ok I saw something yesterday that reminded me, and couldn't recall if he'd been factored in to these recent discussions.
  • I wouldn't worry Mrs. Grey, I'm pretty sure he won't hold it against you.
  • How about a bid for Cho Hyun-woo as backup keeper.
  • Ki has joined Newcastle who are also willing to let Matt Ritchie leave if the price is right.
  • Felony new deal at utd. Phew
  • McH

I've particularly enjoyed (which is to say, sneered at) suggestions that, as a result, ManUre are no longer after Arnie.

'Cos they play the same position, innit?
  • West Ham are in talks with Inter Milan over signing 31-year-old Italian winger Antonio Candreva. (TuttoMercatoWeb via Express)
  • He's been up for sale for ages ;hmm
  • What Italians do in the World Cup,,,
  • Sunbathe.
  • edited July 2018
    Here's an indication of how ridiculous the transfer market is these days:

https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44645199

£10m for a 20 year old Championship player who's played less than a year of league football.
  • The sun saying our flop hugill going on loan maybe qpr for the season, think flop is unfair having played about 12 minutes
  • £9mil for 12 minutes of football

Dunno bout you but thats a flop for me

But i still dont trust the Sun
  • Hugill on loan makes sense. Not his fault he hasn't played.
  • At least play first then judge imo before he can be classed as a flop
  • But surely there is a reason he hasnt played....
  • Maybe we never spent £9m. Maybe it was another savio (I think that was his name)
  • edited July 2018
    Not his fault that we bought him and then discovered Arnoutovich was a striker.

Or maybe he was bought as a bench filler in which case he achieved the goal and therefore can’t be considered a flop ;puzzled
  • But surely there is a reason he hasnt played....

Yes he was probably a sully buy and moyes didn’t rate him but either way hardly fair to say he’s been a flop after 12 minutes game time and if so our scouting network really was poor
  • He was brought in as 4th striker, to replace Sakho, and in case AC didn't recover.

Moyes had Arnie as a starter, Chicarito on the bench, and latterly AC, so Huggy's chances were always going to be limited.

I have no idea how good he is or isn't, but certainly don't see how he can be called a flop.
  • Because we spent £9mil and he didnt play

And now we are (apparantly) sending him off on loan less than 6 months after we bought him
This discussion has been closed.