The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• No. Nett profit is 22.5 at the higher fee as opposed to 18 at the lower.
  • But not if the gross total fee of Lukaku and Anderson was the same in both scenarios
  • Herb, the extreme example given by baracks earlier: load some of Anderson's nominal fee on to Lukaku.

So, sell Anderson for 20, net 18. PLUS inflate Lukaku's value by the extra 5m which is really what they want for Anderson. They 'save' the % sell on on that 5m. (illustrative figures, obvs)
  • That fount of innocence, Kia Joorabchian, is the agent for Anderson and Bernard.
    Could this be a great win double?
    ;pray
  • barracks, MrsG ;ok
  • Jordan Lukaku doesn't want to join West Ham as Leicester is nearer to Manchester, I wonder why that is? ;biggrin
  • Naturally as Manchester is a million miles from London and multi millionaire footballers can't possibly afford the travel costs.
  • deehammer said:

That fount of innocence, Kia Joorabchian, is the agent for Anderson and Bernard.
    Could this be a great win double?
    ;pray

Wasn't he also the one that gave us Tevez and Mascherano ???
  • Also tried to buy into the club!
  • Sound sort of bloke. Probably ought to give him the benefit of the doubt ;whistle
  • Are they extending the garden?
  • Maybe they’re making the new x-men movie?
  • With a new set of SuperHeroes

GEEZER!
    FACE!
    NORTY BOY!
  • Sky sports saying we’ve upped our offer to 35 million for Anderson with add ons
  • New Signings needed. Pre-season not far away !
  • Relegation, deal with it ;cool

;whistle
  • New Signings needed. Pre-season not far away !

Weve made 3 first team signings

Correct me if im wrong but apart from maybe the teams judt coming up we are ahead of the pack

Everything indicatws the club are working hard and are addressing problems areas (CB sorted, keeper sorted and a new RB ti compete with zab)

Have faith
  • Whilst true, I think the club can ill afford yet another long drawn out saga for a supposed marquee signing which ultimately ends in failure as it would be seen by many as “here we go again”
  • Whilst true, I think the club can ill afford yet another long drawn out saga

Since Anderson was first linked

its-been-84-years-via-9gag-com-14337664
  • edited June 2018

Whilst true, I think the club can ill afford yet another long drawn out saga for a supposed marquee signing which ultimately ends in failure as it would be seen by many as “here we go again”

Whilst true, I think the club can ill afford for the training grounds to explode during a senior team session, maiming all senior players and some of the trainees as well.
  • Tadic leaving Southampton for Ajax
  • https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/712530/Manchester-United-Marko-Arnautovic-West-Ham-Marouane-Fellaini-Arsenal-offer-Transfer-News

So the Daily Star are saying that Arnautovic was going to replace Fellaini?! I know it’s a rubbish paper but come on. They play in different positions!
  • They both have legs though so ideal replacement.
  • Sky sports now saying aleksanda dragovic defender on loan to Leicester from Leverkusen interesting West Ham tough tackling centre back

• Everything indicatws the club are working hard and are addressing problems areas (CB sorted, keeper sorted and a new RB ti compete with zab)

Have faith

But, still no DM, and we're effectively short of our only 2 creative AM given that Lanzini is out for the season and Joao Mario's loan ended. Very serious work needed there imo.
  • Buffy

I agree re needing 2 AM and a DM but i dont think its reasonable to expect the club to address every area of concern i one window

Hypothetically if we buy Anderson for £35mil and Mario for £30mil, that means without buying a CDM we have already spent over £100mil this window...which is probably out of our range

Given the club are pushing for Anderson and have bid for Cairney i think they know that we need creative midfielders
  • edited June 2018
    Cardiff sign Bobby Reid & Alex Smithies.

Should have a decent squad for promotion at the first attempt in 2019/20.
This discussion has been closed.