The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• edited June 2018
    No way worth £20m.

So we have failed in a £20m bid for Mawson.

So have turned to plan B, another CB for around half the price (or not, according to WBA).
  • Thank god we didn’t sign that Carvalho. Looks absolutely useless.
  • Just seen who Andersons agent is. Kia Joorabchian. Also linked with Bernard who is on his books.
  • Just see it sign Anderson Cardiff get relegated and warnock sues because Anderson scored against Cardiff in a 3-0 win lol
  • IMO Craig Dawson is a very underrated player.
    Worth the 20 million quoted, perhaps, he is only 28....
  • I like Dawson too. From what I've seen, he was playing RWB. He gets forward well and chips in with a few goals. He and Fredericks would be decent for us on the right. Plus he could either play/fill in at CB too. I guess thats with looking at Zabs sell by date (or the possibility of him playing in a DM role). 20M seems a bit steep. It'd be nice if we met in the middle price wise. More concerned currently though about the lack of attacking MFs with Lanzini out for ages and Mario gone.
  • I like Dawson a lot I rate him highly, but defence doesn’t seem like it should be the priority for me now. I want a central midfielder and at least one attacking midfielder before we focus on defenders.
  • Yeah, assuming Arnautovic will be playing centre forward again next season, our attacking midfield options are currently Antonio and Snodgrass. Given that one is injured and the other Championship standard, we really need to improve in this department.

Nathan Holland is being tipped to be in and around the first team during pre-season, and we also have Samuelsen, Browne and Haksabanovic in the U23s, but we need at least two senior AMs to replace Lanzini and Mario, IMO.

Pleased with the signings we've made so far, but we really need to improve our CM and AM options tout suite.
  • Is Snodgrass injured? ;whistle
  • Are we actually going to sign one of these touted 30m+ players we are supposedly in for ;hmm
  • edited June 2018
    What is annoying is that in the few games where Kouyate was given a dedicated holding role under Bilic, he actually did very well. Would be good & save us a few bob if we could just convert him into a proper DM. He doesn't offer much to the side attacking wise (goals, assists, creativity) & isn't the best passer &, given he used to be a CB, surely Pellegrini could convert him into a more defensively responsible CM? ;hmm

At his best he brings us energy & gets us up the pitch with his powerful runs (example would be the Mario goal last season vs Saints). But that is quite a rare occurrence. Think we need to change his role a bit.
  • I always remember kouyate as a box to box midfielder, using his power to his advantage

Never saw him as a true DM

Perhaps he could be that type of player, but one of the main skills of a modern DM is composure on the ball and the ability to play out of tight situations......and Kouyate lacks the ability to do that role

Think Rice is much more suited to what we wany from a DM, the ability to have positional discipline, the skills to win a tackle and the technical ability to play out under pressure to keep the play ticking over
  • DM: Rice, Obiang
    MC: Noble, Kouyate
    AM: Snodgrass, Antonio (Arnie)

There isn't much there
  • And that ‘MC’ zone has been the same since summer 2014.
  • Linked with 25yo Brazilian Bernard free transfer from Shaktar Donetk personally if we are not going for Anderson I think Shaqiri would be a decent alternatve and a lot cheaper
  • V8, 6 in-line, diesel, hybrid? ;biggrin
  • 19 defenders in so attacking football for next year
  • Quietly been impressed by the Moroccan midfielder Amrabat. Seems very strong but also got a good shot on him. Another Antonio-like player but possibly a bit technically better. (I also like that he’s got enough fight in him)
  • Being linked with Honda now; apparently we have asked to see his CRV
  • Quietly been impressed by the Moroccan midfielder Amrabat. Seems very strong but also got a good shot on him. Another Antonio-like player but possibly a bit technically better. (I also like that he’s got enough fight in him)

I thought he looked decent for Watford tbh, but he never really nailed down a place
  • Amrabat is a 31 year old whos career best goals in a season is 6 and who could never find his feet at Watford

World cup is deceiving
  • edited June 2018
    https://readwestham.com/2018/06/26/west-ham-and-lazio-meeting-today-to-finalise-anderson-deal/?poll-results=1

This reports another ‘final meeting’ today, which must be the 19th final meeting.
  • Santos, Anderson’s former side, will be owed a percentage of the transfer fee should he complete the move to London, so Lazio are keen to keep the fee down.

How does that work? ;doh
  • Herb, the suggestion seems to be that they want to inflate Lukaku's fee so that when they sell them as a package, they get to retain a bigger sum.
  • Lukerz said:

https://readwestham.com/2018/06/26/west-ham-and-lazio-meeting-today-to-finalise-anderson-deal/?poll-results=1

This reports another ‘final meeting’ today, which must be the 19th final meeting.

Sounds like a quote from a monty python sketch
  • MrsGrey said:

Herb, the suggestion seems to be that they want to inflate Lukaku's fee so that when they sell them as a package, they get to retain a bigger sum.

That sounds very cunning and creative if true. So they could sell Anderson to us for £1 and Lukaku for £59,999,999? Crikey, how funny would that be
  • Say 10% sell on. Sell him for 20, nett 18. Sell him for 25, nett 22.5?
    Lukaku's fee would not impact would it?
    Or am I getting my underwear in a spiral?
  • In your example I think they would be passing over £2.5m to Santos instead of £2m. So £0.5m worse off?
This discussion has been closed.