The Transfer Window 2: Electric Boogaloo

I heard we're in for Mertesacker.

(First 1,200 comments can be found here.

Comments

• Electric boogaloo ;lol
  • didn't even get to the 200 pages though :O
  • A few suggestions that we've walked away from the Anderson talks. A final offer has been made and with a firm 'take it or leave it' stance.

If other reports that Husillos was taking over the negotiations today are true then he's a fast mover!

This whole situation makes me wonder why we don't just get Mario back. Can't say I've seen much of Anderson, but is he worth the £15m more than Mario?
  • edited June 2018
    I’ve not seen Anderson play either but aren’t they completely different in their playstyle?
  • Time to walk away from the Anderson deal. From what we have heard, it is not down to any shortcomings on the part of the daves. If Lazio want to shift the posts suddenly we should politely step aside and allow them to accept an offer from one of the other numerous parties who appear to be interested - oh, hang on....
  • edited June 2018
    ;hmm That's dated yesterday (Sunday) morning.

And gives as its source a report in Gazzetta dello Sport, but if you go to that site, they seem to only have a report from Saturday saying the deal is 'almost' done.
  • And this is my fear. We miss out on our Plan B's because our Plan A's are just too difficult to get over the line.
  • Is Mario Plan B? ;hmm
  • McHammer said:
    This could be the most cutting term to describe a footballer ever used....

Akin to the ' possesses the commitment level of Joey Beauchamp'

• edited June 2018
    IronHerb said:

Is Mario Plan B? ;hmm

If you believe certain ITKs. Ex, for example, has said that we're still interested in him but he's not our No1 target, so we may go back in for him later in the window.

A non-committal statement and therefore easy thing to make, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. Problem being he may not be available later in the window...
  • The Sun reporting that Sam Byram will join Forest on a season long loan.
  • Makes perfect sense. Zaba will be out of contract when he comes back and we should have an idea as to whether he can a) stay fit and b) perform. If not, it's bye bye Byram
  • There are worryingly few rumours about snodgrass...
  • difficult to translate this one from sky sports. me no speaky inglese

HAMMERS INTERESTED IN INGLESE

West Ham are the latest club to show interest in Napoli striker Roberto Inglese.

The 26-year-old spent last season on loan at Chievo and he is now keen to secure a permanent move. Sky in Italy understands that West Ham are the latest club to make contact over a deal for Inglese.

The Hammers are looking to sign a striker this summer and they have earmarked the Napoli man as a viable option. Inglese is currently assessing all his options and there is talk of an offer arriving from Sporting Lisbon.

Napoli would only consider selling the striker if a significant bid was made - with one report suggesting offers in excess of £17m would be considered.

• Latest reports Anderson deal dead time to move on , unless its a cunning plan to call their bluff !
  • Read somewhere Cardiff interested in snodgrass or was I dreaming that lol
  • edited June 2018
    I suppose spending £40m odd on a guy who has not exactly set Serie A or the national team alight is maybe a questionable decision anyway, but again we appear to have fallen short of getting the deal over the line. As soon as it becomes 'big money', we falter. Batshuayi, Lacazette, Bacca, Carvalho etc.

This position is potentially going to make or break our season following Lanzini's injury. We have lost both him & Mario since the end of the season, & I can only see Antonio as a possible midfield player who will give us any kind of spark, & I don't particularly rate him. Plus, he's not meant to be fit for the start of the season with this hamstring injury.

We're gonna need at least two players capable of providing service & goals away from the designated forwards. Lanzini didn't have his best season last year, so I suppose it won't take much for a player to get the goals he got (was it 4/5?), but we are going to struggle linking the midfield with the strikers at present. Snodgrass & Antonio the only options.
  • Yeah but this Anderson guy, is he really that much better than Snodgrass ;hmm ;run
  • Lukerz

Well, you can take Bacca out of that list, as the fee was settled with the club, but he wouldn't come.
  • Lukerz said:

I suppose spending £40m odd on a guy who has not exactly set Serie A or the national team alight is maybe a questionable decision anyway, but again we appear to have fallen short of getting the deal over the line. As soon as it becomes 'big money', we falter. Batshuayi, Lacazette, Bacca, Carvalho etc.

If the rumours are true it seems that Lazio are moving the goalposts. I've seen dozens of people saying it's time to walk away from this deal for now, so it seems extremely harsh to call it falling short, IMO.
  • I don’t pin this on the daves personally. Let’s see if anyone meets lazio’s mark. I have my doubts. As they are actively scouting replacements I would have thought they are ok for him to leave and it seems the player wants to go too. They could end up with him going nowhere.
  • edited June 2018
    Anyone seen of roberto inglese who sky sports saying we interested in although we will probably end up with Julio lol, a striker at Napoli not Julio I mean roberto
  • Goalposts or not, (and realizing how inflated the market is these days) I just dont fancy a lad who's not even in the Brazil WC squad for 40M euros. For that kind of money, there must be other options and less goalpost movement
  • But grey/ald, I think you can put any number of reasons up for deals falling through, not all the clubs fault.

But we haven't ended up in a successful negotiation. That's the bottom line.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Goalposts or not, (and realizing how inflated the market is these days) I just dont fancy a lad who's not even in the Brazil WC squad for 40M euros. For that kind of money, there must be other options and less goalpost movement

A set of moveable goalposts might be a better purchase

#they'llneverscore
  • edited June 2018

Lukerz

Well, you can take Bacca out of that list, as the fee was settled with the club, but he wouldn't come.

I think it's fair to include Bacca in the 'big deals we couldn't get across the line'. The money may have been there but we couldn't convince the player to join.

Not necessarily the club's fault, but it's still a 'big' transfer we couldn't seal.

Edit: or what Lukerz said
  • Breakdance 2 Electric Boogaloo ;wahoo

I breakdanced out of the cinema after watching that. TKO ;lol
This discussion has been closed.