World Cup KO: En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land (was 'Group G')

Comments

• Well that was a jolly interesting first half.

A lot to like.

Not their pen though or the fact we should have had one, or that we should have put more of those chances away.
  • edited June 2018

Buffy it doesn’t matter if the player would have got the ball or not. If it’s a foul it’s a pen.

The fact that he wasn't getting the ball makes it at worst obstruction imo, not a foul. Would still be gutted if it was given against us, don't believe that is given against a top 6 club.
  • Buffy, if a foul only counts where the opposition player would have got the ball (which we can tell by looking into our crystal ball) it would be okay to kick lumps out of players off the ball. Which clearly is not the case.
  • Obstruction is a foul.
  • I wouldn't be gutted if it was given against us. I'd be furious with our defender. I would, though, be equally furious at the inconsistency of not getting the Kane one.
  • Regardless, was still a very soft pen imo. He ran into Walkers arm when he wasn't getting to the ball, never a pen for me.
  • edited June 2018
    MrsGrey said:

I wouldn't be gutted if it was given against us. I'd be furious with our defender. I would, though, be equally furious at the inconsistency of not getting the Kane one.

But surely if that should be given the VAR would have got the ref to look at it ;wink
  • Tunisia and Panama are cannon fodder and there’s no real excuse if we don’t beat both of them fairly comfortably.
    Tunisia don’t have a defence of any kind and just rely on our missing or their making interceptions.
  • I’m amazed the var team didn’t call that.

Corrupt. #everyonehatesuswedontcare
  • Have they turned VAR off?
  • Poor ball in by Young with his left, surely Rose is a better option down the left.
  • Tunisia’s defence looking very suspect but they have shown signs that our defence can’t afford to become complacent either.
  • MrsGrey said:

I wouldn't be gutted if it was given against us. I'd be furious with our defender. I would, though, be equally furious at the inconsistency of not getting the Kane one.

But surely if that should be given the VAR would have got the ref to look at it ;wink
    OK, forget VAR. It was still a penalty. I don't need any backup.
  • It’s hot, the players look lethargic and it’s now 65 minutes gone.

Bring on Rashford!

Is Southgate Moyes in disguise?
  • I’d bring Rashford and Vardy on
  • High balls into the box should do it as their players don’t like to leave the ground.
  • So what's our Plan B here ;hmm

The pace of Vardy? The pace of Sterling isn't working so maybe not.

Welbeck?

This second half has been rather turgid and I can't see what we have on the bench to change it up
  • A little bit of urgency would be handy chaps. They are there for the taking, but we are a little naive.
  • Good substitution.

I like Rashford.
  • Tunisia v Panama is going to be a classic.
  • This ref really is quite poor.
  • Bring on Big Andy.
  • He’s an utter joke ;angry
  • MrsGrey said:

Bring on Big Andy.

Would absolutely have taken him for this very situation. Kane has been anonymous since the 11th minute
  • MrsGrey said:

Bring on Big Andy.

Would absolutely have taken him for this very situation. Kane has been anonymous since the 11th minute
    As I was saying...
  • edited June 2018
    Thank goodness.

Poor display overall but seems like Kane may have snuck us a win.
  • As I said. Not one defender jumped.
  • So lucky. If we'd ended up with a point, we might not have got out of the group.
  • GET IN.

A lot easier to score when you’re not being wrestled to the floor.
  • Tunisians and their kids crying.

;biggrin