World Cup KO: En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land (was 'Group G')

Comments

• Belgium look a lot poorer than I had expected.

Hoping for a Panama goal in the second half.
  • Is there any Panama player NOT on a yellow card?
  • I don’t think so MrsG

That’s a lot better from Belgium.

2 nil up now.
  • They can stop there if they like.
  • They don't like Mrs Grey
  • Why don’t they like mrs grey. What has she done to them.
  • ;hmm should that not have been a red for DeBruyne? It was a kick to the chest.
  • It's odd watching a game desperately hoping neither team score.
  • Not even the spuds against the mancs
  • Feeling a bit nervous now ;puzzled

Having a medicinal ;redwine

COME ON ENGLAND ;wahoo
  • Keown on comms.

Did you know he has a monkeys head ;quaver
  • Tunisia must be the worst team ever.
  • edited June 2018
    Good start, 1-0, Kane
  • Tunisia must be the worst team ever.

Based on the 10 mins they have played, or on something else? ;footie
  • The 15 minutes so far. Their defence just want to stand and watch. I’ve not seen one of them jump yet.
  • Stupid penalty.
  • edited June 2018

Stupid penalty.

Looked quite harsh to me, one of those where you're trying to block off space/protect yourself. Would be disappointed (though not surprised) if it was given against us in the Prem.
  • Never a penalty
  • England’s defence look like it could be as bad as theirs.
  • What a miss ;doh
  • edited June 2018
    Penalty IMO. Walker deliberately impeded the forward. Would almost certainly have gotten away with it if he was in a Man City shirt though.
  • It was harsh, but they get given. Unlike Kane just being bundled down.
  • edited June 2018
    Was a pen. Walker made no attempt to play the ball but just focused on stopping the attacker. Was a foul imo. And thus a pen. The fact that the VAR ref didn't ask the referee to have another look at it supports that.
  • How was that not a pen on Kane?
  • edited June 2018
    MrsGrey said:

Was a pen. Walker made no attempt to play the ball but just focused on stopping the attacker. Was a foul imo. And thus a pen. The fact that the VAR ref didn't ask the referee to have another look at it supports that.

But their player was never getting the ball anyway, so harsh imo. Just because VAR didn't refer it to the ref means little given some of their decisions so not sure you can justifyably use that to back up your argument.
  • Because I think Kane had his arm around the defender too. No need because their defenders duck rather than jump.
  • edited June 2018
    Buffy it doesn’t matter if the player would have got the ball or not. If it’s a foul it’s a pen.
  • Ok a very soft penalty to concede, however I don’t believe there has been any side which has been more easy on the eye going forward in the whole tournament than England.