The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• Zlatan gets trodden on, and clips the player's ear. Then they do some synchronised diving. You won't believe what they do next.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/21/zlatan-ibrahimovic-ear-slap-galaxy/

Fixed it for you. I think you need practice on your clickbait, grey
    ;wink
  • I would ban both for five games for bringing the game into disrepute.
  • Greene King has sold the Boleyn Tavern to Remarkable Pubs who also own the Approach in Bethnal Green, the Royal Inn on the Park in Hackney, the Lord Tredegar near Mile End and the Salisbury on Haringey Green Lanes. Some very good pubs so the future looks good

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/boleyn-tavern-former-favourite-west-ham-pre-match-pub-in-upton-park-has-been-sold-1-5528437
  • Gentrification.
  • It'll still be a pub so better than being turned into flats or a Paddy Power like the Duke of Fife
  • As there isn't a thread called 'Couldn't think where to put this, and probably shouldn't anyway', I'll leave this here:

I had a dream last night that Grey was my boss. It was a garden landscaping/tropical fish business, obviously.

He repremanded me for not arranging the aggregate in a tidy enough fashion. Nor was the grass cut evenly, apparently.

Mrs G, you have my sympathy.
  • Best post ever
  • edited May 2018
    Interesting to see that we were number 1 in the PL for attendance capacity achieving 99.8% of our capacity over the season.
    Spurs were 20th because they couldn't fill Wembley.
  • Though I heard people have disputed whether the numbers for our attendance were correct. Apparently there were a few games with many empty seats but was announced that we had a near to max capacity crowd.
  • I think its a case of sold tickets rather than who turns up on the day. I remember the Man U / Bournemouth game that called off and replayed the next day there was only about 30,000 in the ground yet the official attendance was 68,000.
  • There were a lot of games where many glaring white seats could be seen
  • I've just had a 20 minute conversation with a rather drunk Gooner who was full of praise for the Italian player we had in the 80s.

I thought he meant Di Canio but as he rightly pointed out that was the 90s. I was scratching my head for foreign players we had in the 80s and all I could think of was Van Der Elst

Then he said Machiavelli and I realised he meant McAvennie
  • Ahh, off to Lords fort the first day of the Test Match against Pakistan.

Summer has arrived ;redwine ;wahoo ;redwine
  • That’ll be why it’s raining then!!
  • It's raining in Wales too
  • IronHerb said:

Ahh, off to Lords fort the first day of the Test Match against Pakistan.

Summer has arrived ;redwine ;wahoo ;redwine

Have a good day herb love me cricket
  • You're obviously a man of means, IH. ;wink
  • Aslef, the Royal Inn on the Park in Hackney serves some good beer. I was in there recently while visiting my youngest daughter who lives just across the park from it and had a pint of Gales' HSB. The best pint of the year up to then. ;beer
    Mind you the Eleanor Arms in Old Ford Road (across the road from my daughter - she doesn't know how lucky she is) is a cracking pub too, Shepherd Neames ales always spot on. ;beer ;beer
  • edited May 2018
    https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44233197

Iniesta, on his move to China:
    "I had a lot of offers, other clubs showed an interest in me," said the Spain international, who is reported to be on a $30m (£22.39m) annual salary.

"I chose Vissel Kobe because it was an interesting project."
    No.

No you didn't.
  • @OCS - but isn't Kobe in Japan? ;wink

I'm sure he chose the place because of the good beef.
  • edited May 2018

https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44233197

Iniesta, on his move to China Japan ;whistle :

"I had a lot of offers, other clubs showed an interest in me," said the Spain international, who is reported to be on a $30m (£22.39m) annual salary.

"I chose Vissel Kobe because it was an interesting project."

• I don't know why but i thought the champions league final was on ITV only to find out it's on BT sport which i don't and won't subscribe to.
    I have since found out that you can watch it for free on the BT app through youtube.It is saying you can watch it in 4k(UHD)but has anyone watched football though this app and what is the quality of the picture.?
  • Mike, probably only if you have BT broadband I think
  • It says it will be available via the BT Sport website, as well as the app.

Assuming they are the same quality as BBC or ITV, it is pretty much broadcast quality.
  • Good day at the cricket except from the woeful England performance, Cook apart.
    Pakistan bowled well in helpful conditions so why oh why did we not put them in? ;doh
  • Lol ironherb especially as the Pakistan skipper said he’d have bowled anyway if he’d won the toss
  • Mike, probably only if you have BT broadband I think

Expat ;wave

I have sky broadband and i can get the app on my tv
  • Aslef, the Royal Inn on the Park in Hackney serves some good beer. I was in there recently while visiting my youngest daughter who lives just across the park from it and had a pint of Gales' HSB. The best pint of the year up to then. ;beer
    Mind you the Eleanor Arms in Old Ford Road (across the road from my daughter - she doesn't know how lucky she is) is a cracking pub too, Shepherd Neames ales always spot on. ;beer ;beer

She's certainly landed in the right place, there are some excellent boozers in the neighbourhood. On the same side of the park as the Eleanor there's the Crown, almost directly across the park from the Eleanor you've got the People's Park Tavern or if you head south toward the Mile End Road there's the Lord Tredegar and the Morgan Arms.
  • Aslef, I tried the People's Park Tavern too!! ;biggrin ;beer ;beer
This discussion has been closed.