The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• edited May 2018
    I see Borussia Munchengladbach (sp?) were relegated.
  • ;doh My mistake. I misread it - it was their opponents, Hamburg, who were relegated.
  • Mrs G: close - they're both in Germany ;wink ;hug
  • Kuching - they are? ;doh ;biggrin
  • Just not the same Division. ;wink
  • "I broke my wrist in the semi-final first leg against Bayern Munich and the club doctor said it was a 10-week job," says Kennedy, who joined Liverpool from Newcastle for £300,000 in 1978 and endured such a traumatic debut that Paisley joked at half-time that "they shot the wrong Kennedy".
  • There you go. Every scouser thinks they're a comedian. ;doh
  • Bob Paisley was a Mackem
  • But he was in Liverpool
  • edited May 2018
    I've been to Liverpool three times.

No, make that four. I was forgetting a wedding in the early 90s.

I wonder if they are still together ;hmm
  • Could a manager get away with that comment today?? If not, football is poorer for it...
    Bubbles: yes..I looked it up on a thingy with names and colours all over it ;wink
  • edited May 2018
    I went to Liverpool a lot in the 80s and 90s (her name was Sharon) but I went back there about ten years ago on my way to a wedding on the Isle of Man. A lot of the pubs, shops, etc. in the centre of town were closed and boarded up, I've not been back since so maybe things have improved but it was quite sad at the time.

(Also Shaz was happily married by then)
  • There's quite a lot of regeneration but it has moved out of the centre to around the Albert Dock and around the river. (It seemed to me, when I was last there.)
  • Headline in national newspaper/national newspaper website:

'Chelsea issue secret payout to alleged sexual abuse victim of former scout'

;hmm

So not that secret then?

• edited May 2018
    Warning

BBC are currently doing a re-run/rewind of the 2006 FA cup final on their website

;hmm
  • Warning

BBC are currently doing a re-run/rewind of the 2006 FA cup final

;hmm

My Liverpool supporting boss sent me a link with the email header "Essential Reading"

• So your boss is sanctioning you to spend much of the afternoon on the internet??

;hmm
  • So your boss is sanctioning you to spend much of the afternoon on the internet??

;hmm

That's a good point. I should have just stopped working and watched it :)
  • Pellegrini now favourite according to sky sports tho not given up on Rafa bet they both feel wanted
  • I don't see why ,if it was any other type of job you would interview more than one person especially if your paying a salary in the millions to make sure you get the right person , rather that than another eggs in one basket Bacca situation
  • I don't see why ,if it was any other type of job you would interview more than one person especially if your paying a salary in the millions to make sure you get the right person , rather that than another eggs in one basket Bacca situation

But would you keep quiet about it or drop hints as to who it might be along the interviewing process
  • edited May 2018
    I'm sure they are under no illusions about the process - they've been in the business a while and had several different jobs. I don't believe for one second that WHU is unique in the way it is approaching this process.

Whether we think it is right or wrong, I'm sure it's normal for the industry they are in.

A vacancy is in the offing - interested parties get their agents to take soundings. Various formal and informal discussions take place ... clubs will have a preferred candidate (perhaps at the outset) and managers may have several irons in the fire, with a preferred outcome.
  • I don't think I knew that ;ccole was back involved with the club in an 'ambassadorial role' ;hmm

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/may/19-may/cole-reflects-brilliant-play-final-memories
  • Cup final done and dusted. I’m sure Chelsea fans will be ecstatic. My congratulations and respect to Jackie Wilkins presenting the cup. ;clap ;bowdown a genuinely lovely tribute to Butch.
  • How will the Jose ego cope with a season where he won nothing...

I like Conte (even with him being Chelsea's voos) and am glad he leaves with a cup.
  • Nice video of the Ginger Pele story at the bottom of this article

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44189068
  • ;thumbsup

I was baffled until I realised it was from a couple of years ago.
  • edited May 2018
    Zlatan gets trodden on, and clips the player's ear. Then they do some synchronised diving.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/21/zlatan-ibrahimovic-ear-slap-galaxy/
This discussion has been closed.