The Moyes Ex-club Club; Part Two. everton (H) Sun 13th May 2018 3pm ko

edited May 2018 in Match Threads
I'm must admit I was half expecting not to be starting another match thread but after a less than thrilling 0-0 draw with the Mancs we have Big Sam's third visit to West Ham since we parted company.

Last season we beat Palace 3-0, the season before we beat Sunderland 1-0, can we make it three in a row? The fans certainly deserve something after the season we've had and especially after last night's dull performance (fisticuffs aside)

Sadly Lawro has backed us to win 2-0 while the bookies have plumped for a 1-1 draw.

Comments

• Adrian
    Rice - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Zabaleta - Kouyate - Noble - Mario - Masuaku
    Arnautovic - Carroll

Hart, Evra, Cullen, Fernandes, Obiang, Lanzini, Hugill
  • Dwayne Looneys last game in the PL nailed on to score
  • He won't be playing. Injured, apparently. (Stuff on bbc how he didn't train today...)
  • No Lukaku, no Rooney, 'tis the stuff of dreams. ;nolan
  • edited May 2018
    Two stats we need to put a stop to tomorrow. Moyes has never won a game against Everton and Everton have won more games against us than against any other team.
  • Match day ;biggrin ;wahoo let’s finish on a high ;pray
  • edited May 2018
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44082621

Prize Money difference so ending 10th is worth almost an extra 10m to the club.

10. Newcastle 41 -11 £21.4m 10-15
    11. Crystal Palace 41 -12 £19.4m 10-15
    12. Bournemouth 41 -17 £17.5m 10-15
    13. Watford 41 -19 £15.5m 10-15
    14. Brighton 40 -16 £13.6m 10-16
    15. West Ham 39 -22 £11.6m 10-17
    16. Huddersfield 37 -29 £9.7m 14-17
    17. Southampton 36 -18 £7.7m 15-17
  • That last minute Bournemouth goal refereeing error is looking rather expensive.

I know I shouldn't continue to obsess, but I'm a football fan so go figure... ;puzzled
  • Think the best we could hope for with a win would be to get 12th. Think Palace will get at least a point, and Bourneouth to do the same.

That would still be a £6m boost, so not too shabby.
  • edited May 2018
    Looks like today could be Lanzini’s last appearance. Rumoured to be joining Liverpool by Wednesday. Rumoured £50m being touted.
  • Yeah, that seems likely...
  • Well we’ll know over the next 48 hours.
  • Can't see it

But for £50mil its good for us
  • Liverpool have Keita joining for £50-60 million and have Lallana, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum and the Ox in the centre of midfielder already.

They will not be spending £50M on Lanzini.
  • Lukerz said:

Looks like today could be Lanzini’s last appearance. Rumoured to be joining Liverpool by Wednesday. Rumoured £50m being touted.

What's the origin of these rumours? (I mean, who went public with it first?)
  • Sorry, but I would love it if that happened. Love it.

(It won't.)
  • At the end of a very difficult season if we the fans could be handed the gift of Karren Brady’s resignation just before kick off that would be great.

coyi
  • no Hugill ;puzzled
  • bit risky to play Lanzini if he is off to Liverpool ;biggrin
  • A bit predictable line up, a little surprised he hasn't changed a couple considering we played Thursday...
    But as always coyi
  • I agree, if the deal was that imminent he would never play today, just as Rooney's absence is likely down to his move.

He is a player we need keep as we lack creativity and will likely find it hard to find a 40m replacement to come to us, however at 40m-50m the money is good. I would be really disappointed if he went for less than 40m. I would also be disappointed if they sold him and used the money to but Mario, who I think is nowhere near as good.
  • I would also be disappointed if they sold him and used the money to but Mario, who I think is nowhere near as good.

Surely butting Mario won't cost us dearly. I remember the moments I wanted to do it for free.
  • Marko is the target man next year for me but will need feeding with quality link up play of the type that Lanzini can provide, otherwise we may result to using him as a Carroll type target and that will waste him.
  • Started well today. Pickford with a blinding save from Noble
This discussion has been closed.