And now, the end is near.... last day of the season

What thrills and spills we will be treated to?

Comments

• I'm going for Spills FC 0 Thrills Utd 0
  • That 10 goal swing for Swansea would go down well, 100/1 I believe..
    But would be nice to see Hughes totally lose it.
  • edited May 2018
    Oooh, I've just realized, we won't be bottom of the league on day one of next season. What japes. ;biggrin
  • Mo Diame playing his socks off for the Geordies and they're 1-0 up against Chavski
  • Diame playing well against a top 4 team is standard
  • Spurs Leicester haven't brought any defenders to the game.
  • Not PL, but fun and games in Spain. Barca looking to go unbeaten find themselves 5-2 down. get it back to 5 - 4.
  • alderz said:

Diame playing well against a top 4 team is standard

According to some Geordie fans he's been their most improved player after a poor start to the season with the big difference being Rafa moving him from a "No.10" to central midfielder so a bit like Arnautovic.

He played well against us and scored, we're definitely not a Top 4 team (neither are Chelsea it seems). His only other goal this season came against Palace
  • If Diame gets his head sorted, he is a tremendous player.
  • But he always was a CM.......wasn't he? ;weep
  • At Newcastle and Hull he played more as an AM, at Wigan he played more as a DM
  • And at West Ham he was played wide.
  • Yeah, well wide of any work rate.... unless a top four side were in town.
  • I'm fuming because the Hammers match wasn't shown on tv here. Had to watch that 5-4 fiasco instead. OK, I enjoyed it (especially when one team let in 4 goals.) So the Prem had a damp squib of a final weekend, despite all their efforts and our predictions ("down to goal difference" said me.) ;yercoat
  • Yeah, well wide of any work rate.... unless a top four side were in town.

By that definition he should have played well all the time as most of the time at least one of Chelsea and/or Arsenal were in town.

;wink
  • http://kumb.com/article.php?id=4174

Another good article from HeadHammerShark
  • http://kumb.com/article.php?id=4174

Another good article from HeadHammerShark

God bless Andy, who plays for twenty five minutes and manages not to win a single header. Instead he unveils a dazzling array of twists and turns, displayed with all the grace of a crane rolling down a hill into a skyscraper, and some Quite Nice passing skills.
    Read more at http://kumb.com/article.php?id=4174#eVmPYAqUHGfWxuZk.99
    Somewhere in the ambience Mark Noble and Paul Pogba have one of those football fights where nobody does any fighting, but it's at least nice to see the two most diametrically opposed haircuts in the Premier League together at last. Cheikhou Kouyate doesn't get involved and instead lays down on the floor, asleep
    Read more at http://kumb.com/article.php?id=4174#eVmPYAqUHGfWxuZk.99
    My two particular favourite lines ;lol
  • This guy is so pretentious he belongs in "Pseuds corner" prevously of Private Eye fame.
  • I don't find him at all pretentious.

Just not sure whether that makes me pretentious ;hmm
  • Pretentious? Moi?
  • If you can tell me what his take home message is after so many words deployed?
    How about "look at me aren't I clever"?
  • What's he done to upset you? ;hmm
  • The man made a comment on Mark's hair. ;lol
  • edited May 2018

If you can tell me what his take home message is after so many words deployed?
    How about "look at me aren't I clever"?

I don't think there was supposed to be a message. It's someone who clearly enjoys writing, is, IMO, very good at it and I suspect a lot of people find it funny.

Fair enough if you don't, but I don't think you need to call the fella out on it.
  • edited May 2018

This guy is so pretentious he belongs in "Pseuds corner" prevously of Private Eye fame.

You made a similar point the last time I posted one of his articles.
    He is clearly a good writer, and is indulging in a gentle mickey take.
  • So I recall. His style hasn't improved though has it ;wink
  • No need to. ;whistle
  • My fav line “Mourinho makes two substitutions that take so long that the clocks go back during one of them”

;clap
This discussion has been closed.