The Moyes Ex-club Club; Part One. Man U (H) Thurs 10th May 2018 7:45pm ko Sky Sports

edited May 2018 in Match Threads
Only a few days to bask in the warm glow of an away win with a clean sheet before the "Special One" arrives with his expensively assembled squad. Man U have had an odd season with loses against Brighton, Huddersfield and WBA while drawing with Southampton and Stoke. Is he underestimating clubs at the wrong end of the table?

With good results against Chelsea and Tottenham there's no reason we can't grab a point (or three)

Plus Thursday is my day off so I'll be able to watch this rather than checking the latest score every time I change ends at Epping, Ealing Broadway or where ever!

Comments

• It's astonishing sometimes watching Man U. They can be atrocious. How did they get so high up in the table?
  • Sounds like Lukaku will be out injured (ankle) until Cup Final (May 19th)
  • Sounds like Lukaku will be out injured (ankle) until Cup Final (May 19th)

That’s a shame ;lol
  • The Old Moyes Club, surely. ;yercoat
  • I'm going to go large here and predict that now that there's no longer the stifling fear of relegation we are going to win our last two games and end up with 44 points.
    ;wahoo

NURSE...... meds please, quick as you can ;biggrin
  • ;ok I was only wondering last night what odds you could get on that. Might be worth a tentative fiver ;hmm
  • With no relegation fears it is time for Moyes to check out fringe players to see if they can step-up. This may also have a bearing on the summer recruitment.

Adrian
    Rice --Oggbonna--Cresswell
    Johnson-- Cullen-- Noble -- Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Hugill--Arnautovic
  • edited May 2018
    I can’t see him starting Hugill.

He looks to me like a ‘I can’t find anything to wear and the shops will shut in 5 minutes’ type buy.

For the lads sake at least he should be moved on in the summer.
  • Which begs the question who’s signing was he and why?
  • edited May 2018
    The why.. wasn't it because AC picked up an injuring in January that (at the time) looked as if it might keep him out for the rest of the season?
  • We were preparing for possibility we would get relegated

Dont think Moyes is the type to mix it uo for no reason

Same XI as Leicester
  • Which begs the question why not play him surely who’s decision it was to buy must have thort he could do a job, must have actually saw him play
  • Give him game time so we can see if he is that hidden gem or another rubbish buy
  • So you will decide if he is a gem or rubbish over two meaningless games? ;hmm
  • Nope need him to get game time and no game should be meaningless for a pro footballer
  • Cuz1 said:

Which begs the question who’s signing was he and why?

I’m sorry. It was late, I was drunk and eBay bidding was so tempting ;biggrin
  • What have you done lol
  • What me guv? Nuffin’ ;whistle
  • Cuz1 said:

Which begs the question who’s signing was he and why?

I’m sorry. It was late, I was drunk and eBay bidding was so tempting ;biggrin
    Suze
  • Half my comment did not post and I’m sober lol
  • Did you bid for crouch ?
  • You, sir, may be sober. The software, however...
  • I can’t see him starting Hugill.

He looks to me like a ‘I can’t find anything to wear and the shops will shut in 5 minutes’ type buy.

For the lads sake at least he should be moved on in the summer.

It genuinely takes a few moments to work out who he is whenever there's a shot of him on the bench or sidelines
  • We will spank the mancs. 2-0
    Just so I can enjoy the special ones post match interview.
  • Be interesting to see who he selects as keeper now that we are safe, with the whole Joe Hart England World Cup debacle !
  • I haven’t seen anything on Arnie and Lanzini. Did they both pick up knocks or was it more fatigue on Saturday?
  • They both had ice packs on their knee's, Arnie IMO should have been subbed 5-10 mins earlier, he looked shattered.
    Also haven't heard anymore on them tho..
    Man U will certainly be up for it for Sir Alex, but we now have no worries , should be a decent game.
    Stick with Adrian in goal, Hart can
    Go back to City as far as I'm concerned.
  • Im hoping now the pressure is off we will play with a bit more confidence and I am sure Moyes will want one over on his previous employers.
  • I get the feeling that since we are safe he will play Hart in goal. Then probably play Hugill and Hernandez for the shop window.

I expect Joao Mario will start to eek out as much from the loan as possible as I doubt he is coming back.

Reckon Obiang / Collins / Carroll will feature to at some point.

Lanzini and Arnie will probably be rested / benched.

Not the team I would pick mind you just what I think may happen.
  • The message coming out of the club (manager, Nobes etc) is that they still want to finish as high up as possible, and want to win all remaining matches. I also think they want to finish the season on a positive note/create a positive feeling going into the summer.

For these reasons, I think they'll play the strongest team available. No sentimentality, no 'giving the kids a go' or anything like that.
This discussion has been closed.