Is it a Fox? Leicester away Match Thread 5/5/18 3pm ko.

My first match thread and we need something out of this match to restore our hopes after the last two games. On the plus side Leicester seem to have given up for the season, three loses in the last four games and a 0-0 draw at home to Southampton. On the down side the last time we won at the King Power was when we were both in the Champo in 2012.

Fingers crossed we can all breathe a little easier after 5pm Saturday

Comments

• Not sure a 5-0 drubbing the week before we play them is good for us. I'm sure they'll really be up to make amends in front of their own fans.
    I just hope that for once we are really up for it and don't stroll around for the first 20 minutes and find us 2 behind
  • Hopefully we will try scoring more in the correct net this time
  • I personally think a draw keeps us up.

My worry is that we are exactly the side any team in turmoil would want to face.
  • edited April 2018
    Literally the only game we realistically have a chance of getting something from and I put that down as a small chance at best. 0 points and we have to hope for Southampton and Stoke Drawing.
  • No relegation for the Claret & Blue.

Deal with it. ;cool
  • Everton is a more likely point/s winning fixture imo. Mind, I think we'll win both. COYI
  • I`ve been helping my son with his English revision over the past week or two, his GCSE`s start in about two weeks time, we have been reading some excellent poetry, and in that vein:

Why do we pay to watch such dross
    The result is the same
    An inevitable loss
  • Due to the boss
    Or the dross
    In the Corporate box
  • Feel so defalted bow couldnt even tell you who id start

Hopefully we turn up as Leicester are play like theyre on holiday...but so have we

Adrian
    Rice Obgonna Cresswell
    Zaba Kouyate Noble Lanzini Masuaku
    Hernandez Arnie

• For about the 10th game in a row I am shouting "We have to start with 2 strikers" but yet again he will tinker a bit with the personnel but still go 3 5 1 1 instead of what we need, 3 4 1 2.
  • ...........................Adrian.........................
    Zab.............Rice............Oggy.........Cress
    ..........................Noble...........................
    ......Lanzini........Mario..........Masuaku.....
    .....................Arnie.....Carroll..................

Different approach. Two up front, more of an attacking line up. But the four defenders DEFEND no crossing the half way line, and Noble HOLDS no crossing the half way line. Time to try something new, and I`m sure Arnie and Carroll will give them something to think about. Lanzini and Mas to provide the width. Go for it. ;scarf
  • Madcap ;ok That I can buy into. We need a win and that lineup might just do it.

• edited April 2018
    Adrian
    Zabaleta - Rice - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Mario - Noble - Fernandes - Lanzini
    Arnautovic
    Carroll

Hart, Cresswell, Evra, Cullen, Kouyate, Hernandez, Hugill
  • Moyes isnt going to mix it up though

This isnt the first time weve been battered and persisted with the same shape
  • ...........................Adrian.........................

Different approach. Two up front, more of an attacking line up. But the four defenders DEFEND no crossing the half way line, and Noble HOLDS no crossing the half way line. Time to try something new, and I`m sure Arnie and Carroll will give them something to think about. Lanzini and Mas to provide the width. Go for it. ;scarf

...........................Adrian.........................

Yeah
  • Can’t see ac playing if Moyes has sent him home after a heated argument according to sky sports
  • edited May 2018
    Moyes tried four at the back for three games, we lost 2-0 away to Watford, drew 1-1 at home to Leicester and lost 4-0 away to Everton then switched to three at the back.

That was when we had Obiang available to play as a holding midfielder in front of the back four, I don't think Moyes is going to risk it again when he's not available as neither Noble or Kouyate are naturals in the position.

So 3-4-3 or whatever you want to call the formation we've been using since we nearly drew at the Etihad

I think Adrian did enough to deserve a start and obviously drop Evra for Masuaku.

I have no idea who will play up front with Arnie and Lanzini although I'm not even sure Lanzini will start after he gave up possession so easily for City's fourth goal .
    Cuz1 said:

Can’t see ac playing if Moyes has sent him home after a heated argument according to sky sports

Indeed, reports of a row at the training ground with the Sun and the Mirror both saying that Moyes will fine AC £20k.

Is Moyes trying to provoke AC into demanding a transfer?
  • Ironic given Andy's interview earlier in the season when we lost 4-1 to Liverpool at the LS and he stated "fans should be staying until the end to support us, no matter what".
  • Ex says Ginge and Obiang back in training this week and the club are desperate to have them in the squad for Leicester.
  • It was crying out for ac on Sunday but Moyes chose not to he was wrong but ac should have stayed no matter what after all I had to
  • At least hopefully he will be injury free to sell this summer...
  • edited May 2018
    I'd certainly swap Ginge for Rice, its been a horrible few weeks for the lad and he could probably do with a rest, psychologically rather than physically.
  • Yep, I’d go for ginge. Need to be quite clever and wily when squaring up to Vardy. It may be too much for Declan right now
  • We need a defensive midfielder. If Collins is fit then he can play in defence and
    Rice in front on the back 3/5, may be with a brief to follow Mahrez. I don't Carroll will play again this season. His brief is very disappointing. and his strop did not show any respect for players who came on as subs in the MANC game. In times of trouble people need to get together and Carroll has not shown that. I hope he is shipped out as soon as possible. I would like to see Hugill play as he he must be anxious to make his mark.

Adrian
    Collins --Oggbonna--Cresswell
    Rice-- Noble
    Lanzini---Mario ---Masuaku
    Hugill--Arnautovic
  • Ref appointed for match:
    Chris Kavannagh ...

And for our game v Man U
    Jonathan Moss
  • I would like to see:

Adrian; Collins Ogbonna Cresswell; Zabaleta Rice Noble Masuaku; Lanzini; Arnie Hernandez

But I don't think i'll ever get to see those front three start a game together
  • We must smash them. ;sbrew
  • edited May 2018
    So is there a chance Moyes will take a risk and throw Ginge and Obiang into the XI?

Adrian
    Collins - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Zabaleta - Noble - Obiang - Kouyate - Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic

Hart, Rice, Evra, Fernandes, Mario, Carroll, Hernandez

The last time we produced anything like a reasonable performance, that was roughly the XI.

Not sure he'll do it though.

Wonder what the gameplan will be for this one, if any? Do we go for it and get picked off on the counter. Do we let Vardy and Mahrez run rings round our aircraft carrier like defence? Do we sit deep and fail to cross the half way line, hoping Arnie lobs one in from the centre circle?

Not sure what we do in this one.
  • I wouldn't drop Rice. He played ok on Sunday, given the circumstances.
  • Obiang will be nowhere near fit enough to start, surely.
This discussion has been closed.