The CB discussion, and is Ogbonna any good?

Split from the 'Injuries' thread.

Comments

• Jose Fonte's chance to shine.

Oh no, that's right.
  • Good job then that we have Fonte in our squad at a time like this

Oh wait

;whistle
  • He was pants... he hasn't got better because he is now pants in China.
  • Arguably Ogbonna wasn’t much kop either before Moyes took over

He didn’t become a euro winner by being rubbish
  • Disagree Suze. I thought he was pretty decent this season before his injury.

And he's 100% better than his alternative.
  • Arguably Ogbonna was and is our best CB.
  • if he is our best CB we are lightyears away from even competing at midtable ;lol
  • Well we are competing for midtable so don't get your point.
  • Next Level
  • Mid table is our next level.
  • Mid table is our next level.

League One or the Championship?
  • if he is our best CB we are lightyears away from even competing at midtable ;lol

Ogbonna has been excellent and I’d be really interested in knowing which mid table CBs are “lightyears away” from him
  • Better CB than Ogbonna (not including top 6)

Maguire / Mawson / Lascelles / Ake / Dunk / Evans / Williams / Shawcross probably a few more.
  • Williams?

ASHLEY Williams?
  • better than Ogbonna yes
  • Well, it's all about the onions, but I totally disagree.
  • You do know what a lightyear is?
  • edited March 2018
    Why, do you not know ?
  • IronHerb said:

You do know what a lightyear is?

It sounds like one hell of a commutr to travel that distance to training every day. ;wink
  • IronHerb said:

You do know what a lightyear is?

Yes, a lightyear is a government initiative. Think of it as a little bit like Mothers Day or Pancake Day etc etc but spread over the course of a year. It encourages people to visit their local lighting and electrical retailer and part with their hard earned in exchange for light fittings of a decorative nature and energy saving bulbs of the highest quality. So come on disgruntled Hammers, forget your marches, your teams weak inept performances, lifes peaks and troughs and give yourself a lift. Treat yourself to a new table lamp, luxuriate in the glow of a fine crystal chandelier, protect your home with the latest security lighting and beat the blues as your energy bills tumble with the latest LED products. Lightyear. The year of the light.
  • From what I’ve read there would be a large queue of Everton supporters quite willing to personally drive Ashley Williams to the London stadium if the opportunity arose.
  • lightyear liability = Ashley Williams (used to be good)

• edited March 2018
    My nobblyknees nominees who've not yet been mentioned are:

Sakho Palace
    Mee and Tarkowski Burnley

• Madcap, are you home with the flu, or is trade a little slow today. Seems you have a little too much time on your hands. ;biggrin
  • Bubbles, just some public service broadcasting................... ;whistle
  • Better CB than Ogbonna (not including top 6)

Maguire / Mawson / Lascelles / Ake / Dunk / Evans / Williams / Shawcross probably a few more.

Yeold ;ok

Personally I would disagree that Ake, Dunk, Williams and Shawcross are better than him. I also don't think a list of Mawson, Lascelles, Ogbonna, Evans has any player who stands out as particularly better or worse than the rest, certainly not this season.

Maguire is the only one who, for me, is a significant upgrade on him.
  • edited March 2018
    Ashley Williams would be our WORST CB if he played for us imo.

For me Ogbonna and Collins are on par with each other. Ogbonna is more consistent although Collins at his best (against the right sort of striker) is better than Og, however Collins on a bad day (against the wrong sort of striker) is worse.
  • Ashley Williams is among the worst CB's in the division but lightyears ahead of Oggy.
  • See ogbonna called up for Italy
  • Yeah, but apparently he's not very good. ;hmm