Comments

• New Tesco coming soon.
  • I suppose it wasn’t going to be too long after West Ham moved that this was going to happen, sad but inevitable.
    Many happy pre match pints I did enjoy in there ;biggrin
  • That's so sad - another bit of history going. it can never really carry on as a pub I feel.
    Had some mad times in there in my youth...
  • New Tesco coming soon.

Unlikely, its been Grade 2 Listed since 1984, that covers both the interior as well as the exterior
    Public House 1899-1900: W G Shoebridge and H W Rising. (Entrance consoles dated 1900). Conspicuously sited corner public house. Red brick with pointed stone or stucco enrichment. Red polished granite to pilastered ground storey. Lead to turret. 3½ storeys. Three bays to both fronts with lower extension to Green St. Large Flemish gabled dormer to each front. Octagonal corner turret with ogee dome and finial. Mullioned and transomed windows. Rusticated Ionic columns to first floor supporting enriched segmental pediments. Three rusticated segmental arches to second floor windows on Barking Road. Good interior, especially plasterwork and glass.

Listing NGR: TQ4146283264
    And you thought it was just a boozer, its got segmental pediments!
  • its got segmental pediments
    Yeah, but it's got its good points too...
  • I foresee a fire...
  • BBB ;ok
    I can smell it
  • edited March 2018
    Give a couple months and all that will be left is the Ogee Dome.
  • There is always that possibility but its a bit obvious if/when it happens
  • It could end up as a Paddy Power like the Duke of Fife, also Grade II listed