Lets take some Libertys! Swans away Match Thread (3.3.18)

edited February 2018 in Match Threads
Now Andre has joined Jordan at Swansea, is it a case of ‘Who Ayew, who Ayew?

Things have gone downhill for Renato Sanchez. Splitting from Renee looks like a schoolboy error. Bad pop career to bad Portuguese footballer. If any club is charitable enough to get careers back on track though its us. So a good job hes injured. Same applies to Bony!

Song choices to mark the occasion…

Cilla - Whats it all about Alfie Mawson
Abba – (can you hear the drums) Fernandez
Neil Sedaka – Oh Carroll

Narsingh along everyone!

Hey I did this is minutes just in case someone else started the thread!

Verdict: Arnie will be Ki. The score will have a Naughton their side and two Fer us. Translated… 0 - 2

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Brilliant opening as usual, baz.
    Now let's get this party started!
    2-0 to the Hammers
    coyi
    ;scarf ;goal ;goal ;scarf
  • Adrian
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Kouyate
    Antonio - Arnautovic - Lanzini
    Chicharito

Hart, Collins, Rice, Byram, Evra, Mario, Hugill
  • Lets just win this thing and let us all sleep that night ;scarf
  • Adrian
    Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Zabaleta Noble Kouyate Antonio
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic Hernandez

Same team, different formation to Luke
  • alderz said:

Adrian
    Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic Hernandez

This would be the formation I would go to mid game if plan A comes out more like plan Abysmal. ;ok
  • Swansea are playing tonight in the Cup. Extra time would be nice.

They've been in good league form of late so this won't be an easy game. Really need the three points and we have the players to do it, but they have Andre Ayew and we all know how West Ham's luck is...
  • 2-0 up and through.

Oh well.

Hopefully Arnautovic and Hernandez will cause them more problems than Rhodes and Joao have.
  • We must not lose we need to be patient as a defeat this week could really make things nervy
  • I agree Macca, Musn't lose, a draw will be o.k. and a win would brilliant.
  • alderz said:

Adrian
    Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
    Lanzini
    Arnautovic Hernandez

When Masuaku is back I think that Antonio should replace Zab (good as he is) and Mas take up his left wing back position again. Definitely pace in that set up. Mario doesn`t make the first 11 and Obiang (when back?) competes with Noble/Kouyate. The only thing that leaves us a little unbalanced is that all three centre backs are left footed. I think Reid, although being one of my faves in the past, has been pretty poor this season, I would be tempted to play Rice on the right of the back three. Hard fought 2--1 to the Mighty Irons. ;scarf
  • Madcap lok

I agree with Antonio and Masuaku on the flanks I think that suits us.

Reid is right footed, but has a history of playing on the left a centre back pairing.

Personally I wouldn't be against Rice being a regular part of that back three, but probably at the expense of Cresswell with Reid moving over to the left.
  • edited February 2018
    Adrian

Zabaleta Reid Rice Ogbonna Cresswell
    Antonio noble kouyate Lanzini
    Arnie

Keep it tight
    Respect the point

I like ginge but we cannot have him and zaba in the same back line as for Evra forget it that would be like dads army lol
  • Alderz ;ok I always thought Reid was a lefty. Anyways, I think playing a back three gives us excellent options and ample cover (famous last words). As well as Collins, Kouyate can always play there at a push.
  • Macca

If Moyes went with that side aiming to 'respect the point' he would be absolutely crucified by the fans.
  • Alderz

His only job is to keep west ham up
    If he can do tha5 the fans will be happy
  • edited February 2018
    We need 3 wins and a draw to be sure (I hope) to stay up. The Swansea one is one we need to be trying to win and not drawing imo. Its the games against Man U, Arsenal etc that we should be trying to keep it tight.

Swansea played last night lets take advantage of it ;ok
  • So after perhaps 1 poor performance , Collins is out of the team in posts above views ...
  • edited February 2018
    After last night ......

Swansea have won six successive home games in all competitions for the first time since December 2007.

This was the 10th match that Jordan Ayew had scored for Swansea City and they are yet to lose a game he has netted in (W8 D2 L0).

Let's hope we can break both those stats. Clearly we need to muzzle Jordan Ayew.
  • Macca85 said:

Alderz

I think that that is an extremely optimistic viewpoint. There are people who claim that he is too defensive already. If he can keep us up people there would be a huge amount of people claiming we should have done better than that.

IMO he needs to attack one of the worst defences in the league.
  • alderz said:

Macca85 said:

Alderz

I think that that is an extremely optimistic viewpoint. There are people who claim that he is too defensive already. If he can keep us up people there would be a huge amount of people claiming we should have done better than that.

IMO he needs to attack one of the worst defences in the league.
    Imo Swansea's defence IS the weakest in the league. I watched them against Brighton last weekend and they were absolutely horrendous at the back.
  • Wouldn't invite them on too much it will only look like they are on the front foot which will buoy the fans and give them something to feed off of

Got to keep it tight obviously but need to be a bit more expansive, think the 5 at the back is decent footing for us to not concede too many....this isn't Liverpool so we shouldn't be scared

Adrian
    Collins Ogbonna Cresswell
    Zaba Kouyate Noble Antonio
    Arnie Hernandez Lanzini

Swansea don't attack in huge numbers, they seem to currently play with a back 5, so we need to try and match their midfield and not let them get a foothold in the game
  • MIA,

"Clearly we need to muzzle Jordan Ayew."

I think you're confusing him with Luis "Gnasher" Suarez. ;wink
  • Or Jermain ‘McBitey’ Defoe?
  • Can see ayew coming back and biting us, hope I’m wrong
  • Merse has us down to lose 1-0 and Twonk has it as 1-1
  • Will the game still go ahead ? Wales could be on a Red Alert warning
  • edited March 2018
    I'd be reluctant to play the likes of Reid and Antonio from the start given their injury history. Both seem to suffer muscle based injuries. Playing in the cold puts them more at risk. Especially for someone like Antonio with his style of play.
  • I'd be reluctant to play the likes of Reid and Antonio from the start given their injury history. Both seem to suffer muscle based injuries. Playing in the cold puts them more at risk. Especially for someone like Antonio with his style of play.

We don't really have a choice, we are down to the Must Win games. There are no second chances. If they are fit they should play.
  • I'm not worried about Red Snow Warnings, its the Yellow Snow that bothers me
  • edited March 2018
    Weather forecast for tomorrow in Swansea is light rain and breezy with a high of 5 deg.

Balmy almost.
This discussion has been closed.