TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

edited February 2018 in Transfer Speculation
New thread for the final day. (The old one is over 1800 comments.)

Comments

• What exactly is going on at Arsenal, they are pretty much a shambles at the moment, (compared to us they may be considered as amatures in the shambles stakes) but they do seem to be in a mess.

Now that Sanchez has gone I do not see Orzil hanging around, Lacazette has hardly set the world on fire and they have largely left Giroud languishing on the bench, I am not sure what the bloke could do, he has rescued them so many times from the bench.

I have always supported the thought that Giroud was someone we could realistically target, his would be the first name on the sheet, settled in London, regular showing prior to the World Cup etc.

I am not sure that 30m for a 31 year old is the right price, it seems a bit steep but I would certainly offer up what we think he is truly worth and see if there is a door that can be priced open.

;pray
  • Don't hold your breath Chicago. Moyes again played down the chances of anyone else coming in during his presser tonight, so I'm working on the assumption that Mario was it for January.
  • Moyes told Sky Sports: “We are working hard to see if we can get a player or two in. I’ve got no guarantees and I’m sure all clubs are saying the same.”
  • I like how Moyes speaks, managing expectations but not closing a door if we can get something done.

I feel we will bring someone in as it looks to me that Ayew is off and I cannot imagine that being allowed to happen had we not got someone coming in, he isn't brilliant Ayew but with our threadbare squad you would not let him leave unless you were eyeing the money to spend on someone as he can certainly offer something if short.
  • Really happy Mario's first full game went well for him as it is so important to get a good start as it's all to easy to have a shocker whilst adjusting and never recover confidence.
  • Just glad there were no more injuries...
  • Transfer Deadline Day ;wahoo

WG3JXSL7KECC

Still not the same without Rav ;weep

Diamante's really are forever ;hug
  • Dust off the yellow ties
  • So transfer needs, roughly summarised from previous posts:

Ball-playing MF player, in the Lanzini mould / attacking RMF = Super Mario

CB = Rice

CM = Rice/Zab

RB cover = Rice

LB cover = Rice

Sorted.
  • First news from Sky:

Oxford due to meet David Moyes this morning to discuss future. Was due to return to Germany today but Moyes is considering blocking the move to keep him in the squad.
  • edited January 2018
    Ex says we have 10 bids in and he expects 2 to sign. Slimani in talks now. We’ve also upped a bid for Cairney.
  • Go get Giroud. He wants to stay in London and he’s supposedly played his last game for Arsenal.
  • Cairney or Schneiderlin for big money is exactly the wrong sort of signing imo. They're both late 20's, and it will only be a year or 2 before they'll need upgrading while they'll still be on the books on big money for another couple of years. For the sort of money it will take to sign one of these we should be looking at younger players, like Dendoncker or Maddison, who would improve us straightaway, would still be saleable if they aren't world beaters, but could potentially go for really big money in a year or 2 which would then help us progress (if the money was re-invested in the squad).
  • I think Slimani would be a good acquisition (I also thought that about Slim Shady) A powerful attacking force of Arny Slimy and Antonio(y)
  • Can I have your attention please, would the real Andy Carroll please stand up, did you mean that slim shady
  • So transfer needs, roughly summarised from previous posts:

Ball-playing MF player, in the Lanzini mould / attacking RMF = Super Mario

CB = Rice

CM = Rice/Zab

RB cover = Rice

LB cover = Rice

Sorted.

no
  • Sky say:

Loan bid made for Ibrahim Amadou

Ex says:

Loan bid made for Islam Slimani

Looks it good be a buy now, pay later approach for the day
  • Cairney would be such a wrong choice imo.
  • Cariney doesn't do much defensively, he's more a Lanzini type of midfielder
  • edited January 2018
    I know nothing about him, but we've just bought a Lanzini type midfielder. Do we need another?
  • Lukerz said:

Sky say:

Loan bid made for Ibrahim Amadou

Ex says:

Loan bid made for Islam Slimani

Looks it good be a buy now, pay later approach for the day

Loan to buy are probably the best option for Jan and when you have the number of injuries we have.
  • Ki has said he doesn't want to leave Swansea and doesn't think we're better than them.

Sorry Aldz...
  • Who are these 14 players out injured or suspended that SKY keep reporting we have out?

Reid, Lanzini, Arnie, Fernandes, Carroll, Masuaku, Obiang.

Well 7 maybe ;doh
  • *Logs off*
  • Watford, who were reportedly in for Dendoncker, are close to signing Sunderland's N'Dong.

Does this clear the path for us to sign the young Belgian ;hmm
  • Fonte,Antonio,Ayew are another three who've been out.
  • Sakho was another.
  • Lukerz said:

Ex says we have 10 bids in and he expects 2 to sign. Slimani in talks now. We’ve also upped a bid for Cairney.

#scattergun
  • Fonte,Antonio,Ayew are another three who've been out.

Fonte was in the squad last night and Antonio was due to be in the squad last night. Not sure how Ayew will pass a medical at Swansea today if injured.
    SKY are still reporting this this morning.
  • Striker needed and a DM.
This discussion has been closed.