Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Huddersfield A Match Thread - 13.01.18 3pm

Comments

• It makes me wonder why, a couple of hours ago it was a big deal not to start with 7 subs on the bench. You can only bring on 3. We had a good starting 11, and the bench was adequate. Not perfect I know. It would have been good to have Messi, Ronaldo and Silva there just in case we needed them, but as it turns out we didn’t.
    MrsGreyjay_in_cptDodger58AdamClaretandBlueforLife
  • Great win and a great 2nd half performance ...
    Well done to Moyes & Team...
    And come on guys no complaints about Cheikh today please!....

Arnie & Lanzini seem to have this connection, long May it last...
    ;wahoo ;scarf ;clap
    Dodger58
  • Saw bits on stream and thort kouyate played as if he had a point to prove well done to all and special mention to mr Moyes seems the players want to play for you, seem organised and fitter imo if I were the board I’d say ok here’s the two year contract build a team see how you go
    MrsGrey
  • fantastic result and Arnie and Lanzini look a formidable partnership, a good midfielder behind him will allow Lanzini to remain forward more.

Three big matches coming up in the league, I feel if we can win two we will be heading to safety and will be able to relax a little.
    welovethehammers
  • If we play like that against the Shrews, we could have a hatful,,,,,,,Oh no, hope I haven’t jinxed it
  • I don’t think Barcelona could have done any more today than we did
    Dodger58
  • edited January 13

Delighted. After Everton I was preparing for life in the Championship

Same here. I was convinced after that game that we were doomed. Just didn't seem to have anything about us at all.

Moyes has worked absolute wonders when you consider where we were. We have more of an identity now, more of a game plan and an understanding of the basics.

That we're effectively four wins from safety is testament to how well the new management team has done, and the players deserve some credit too for adapting so well; Arnie and Ogbonna in particular look like players reborn, and even Noble seems to have rediscovered his mojo.

We're not there yet, but it's looking a damn sight better than it did two months ago.
    WHU_Champo_league_in_7_yearsDodger58BertQuigley
  • Moyes seems to have this system down now. Mobile players upfront allow us to break on the counter effectively and we can press the opposition.

I think we still need to find a system when we have winnable games at home (i.e. where we have more possession). Maybe that will only come with new players?
    welovethehammers
  • West Ham fans be like

IMG_20180113_173601
    Cuz1MrsGreyjay_in_cptimagelostwelovethehammersSuzanneClaretClaretandBlueforLifeMunichHammerchicagohammerHammerwombatVorselaarhammerbillybondsbeard
  • Arnie involved in all 4 goals we scored.
    IMO that deserves a ;bowdown & a ;clap
    imagelostalderzMarkNobleLocalHerochicagohammerHammerwombatVorselaarhammerHuttonhammer
  • Arnie is Payet-esque right now. Love watching him.
    alderzOutcastLondonertomkinsworldclass
  • edited January 13
    Sorry, didn’t quite finish...
    Lukerz said:

This isn’t going to go well...

...For Huddersfield
    grey_til_I_dyebaracks_a_hammeralderzCuz1MrsGreyTrondheimrobMunichHammerchicagohammerHammerwombatSlaven_Cups_His_Beardjay_in_cpt
  • I said a while back, we suit this counter attacking style at present and need adopt it even when playing at home.

Arnie is also such a complete player in the Ronaldo mode, ok CLEARLY not nearly as good as Ronaldo in any one aspect but what he has is size, strength, speed and technique and it's unusual to have all of them in one player and is what makes Ronaldo what he is. To have such close control and skill for a big ( wikipedia states as 6ft 4" ) strong guy is unusual, Ronaldo's down as 6ft2 by the way.
  • Dear West Ham

That was jolly good fun.

Thank you.
    Cuz1MrsGreyOldCastleSwiftcarsonroadboyBertQuigleyTrondheimrobVorselaarhammerbillybondsbeard
  • We're right in the pack now. the table is going to fluctuate big time over the next 6 weeks.
  • Catching big sams team
  • edited January 13

Love noun

1. A strong feeling of affection

2. A great interest and pleasure in something

;hmm

IMG_20180113_180755
    HamstewCuz1BertQuigley
  • Game of the day - full 90 minutes on Sky at 20.00 ;scarf
    MrsGreyimagelostHamstew
  • Which Sky channel is that on?
  • Sky Sports PL
  • edited January 13
    Without a doubt, the best performance and enjoyable West Ham performance for a long time.

Arnie and Lanzini were brilliant.

We'll done David Moyes and staff.

Makes me happy
    ClaretandBlueforLifechicagohammerCuz1

Think it may be 8:30 programme start
  • Cuz1 said:

Catching big sams team

By the end of next week we could be above them ;pray
  • From 15 minutes of the 2nd half onwards was the first time I have actually relaxed watching the Hammers for about 2 years. A novel but pleasant experience.
    OutcastLondonerMcHammerMrsGreyClaretandBlueforLifeimagelostCuz1jay_in_cpt

Sorry its 20.30
    ;wave
    ClaretandBlueforLife
  • A great result today ;biggrin
    In all competitions Huddersfield have only lost at home 4 times (including today) losing to Manchester City, Chelsea & Tottenham, all of whom are playing in the Champions League so a very good result for us indeed, Moyes has got the squad working in a much better way than the hapless (and hopeless Bilic) never could this season. For me though Moyes still has a lot of work to do to convince me he is the right man long term for us, but today’s performance and result have gone some way to convince.
    imagelostchicagohammerCuz1
  • That is the sort of performance and result that gives everyone a lift, and I brought Arnie back into my FFT.......... ;wahoo
    ClaretandBlueforLife
  • Just looking at the goals, had Lanzini missed his second I would have been furious had it not been a penalty. The Huddersfield players just leant into Arnie and pushed him down. Surely that had to be a foul.
    MrsGreyCuz1Huttonhammer
This discussion has been closed.