Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

The London Stadium Season Two (2017/18)

Comments

• Tomw85 said:

I am thinking about getting tickets to the FA cup replay, I have yet to visit our new stadium yet so was just looking for advice on where is best to try and sit for view and atmosphere?

In the pub ;ok
  • At the crematorium
  • Must just be me (and the 52 000 STs...)

I've only been once, saw a terrible 1-0 win (last gasp Reido) against Sunderland and had a thoroughly good time.

(Maybe being with Herb and the beers helped...)
    Cuz1
  • Gags aside, could someone(s) please give Tomw some proper response?
  • Difficult to give a detailed response because everyone not likely to be sitting in their usual seats. But great atmosphere when to the Leicester game I went sitting near the corner flag opposite the dugout with dugouts to your right. High up actually gives you an excellent view but is lacking in atmosphere.
  • Just reading about Spurs will host NFL games for the next 10 years, they have built a retractable pitch with an artificial one below.

Levy really does run that club well, their stadium will be great.

Annoying..
    BertQuigley
  • I have just bought 3 tickets for replay in lower tier block 152 Row 5.
    I was at the opposite end near away fans for West Brom match and the atmosphere was brilliant!
    Have been to LS quite a few times and I and my family love it!

HammerwombatSuzanneClaretgrey_til_I_dyeWhitehorsehammer
  • Every time I've been I've bought tickets in the front rows of the Upper Tier by the corner flags, the view is pretty good, no idea what its like anywhere else
  • I sit 7 row back upper tier block 256 and get a decent view and near our fans behind the goal so atmosphere is decent . Hope you enjoy the game ;ok
  • I went 3/4 times in the first season and got seats in different locations, was not too keen being at the back of the upper tier, but atmosphere was excellent. This year have gone for season tickets with a mate and are in block 111 row 13, just to the right of the tunnel, view is excellent, when we are winning it's louder than the Boleyn. So I would say lower tier between rows 10 and 20.
  • Every time I've been I've bought tickets in the front rows of the Upper Tier by the corner flags, the view is pretty good, no idea what its like anywhere else

This is spot on. Closest to the pitch, good atmosphere and at the perfect level to see everything. ;thumbsup
  • Thanks for the information, I was think of being between the corner flag and half way in the bottom tier as these look closest to the pitch, but I might try the bottom of the upper tier if the sight lines are good.
  • Tomw85 ;thumbsup If you're "pitch side", i.e as close to the pitch as possible then its quite a limited view as the pitch is so vast and your completely flat so can only see whats close to your vicinity. My ST is in 243 upper tier but have sat pitch side for the U23 games, So I'd definitely recommend as low down in the Upper tier near the corner, perhaps between 240-243 for the best experience and ease of access if you're coming via stratford station. ;thumbsup
  • http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/january/12-january/club-statement-conclusion-livermore-incident

Good riddance (assuming the fan is guilty). Indefinite rather than life is strange though.
    Hammerwombat
  • The whole thing is strange, if he said what is alleged he deserves everything coming to him, if he didn’t and it was either misheard or made up well who knows....
  • Slizzy

The club statement says they took evidence from those sitting around him, as well as West Brom and the player, so it seems likely he was up to something unsavoury.
    HammerwombatSuzanneClaretironmike44Slaven_Cups_His_BeardWhitehorsehammerMrsGrey
  • Not disagreeing Grey, but it’s been reported from those around him he didn’t say what The player thought he said.

So if the words Y** and Coke get you banned then so be it, however I’m guessing they’re going to be banning a lot of fans in the future?

• edited January 13

Not disagreeing Grey, but it’s been reported from those around him he didn’t say what The player thought he said.

1st, lots of those around him haven't gone public on social media to say what they (think) they heard. It doesn't mean they don't have a different version of events from those who have taken to the twittersphere or blogosphere.

2nd, are those fans who have gone public also claiming that they heard every single thing that was said, clearly and in its entirety? I doubt it - and if they were, I wouldn't believe them. So let's not credit their comments with representing the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

3rd, you seem to be implying that banning 'a lot of fans' is a bad thing in itself. I don't agree. If certain types of behaviour are unacceptable, it doesn't mean more leeway should be allowed just because lots of people are doing it. (It reminds me a bit of the TV pundits who say 'well, if you are going to give people yellow cards for that, you'll be yellow carding dozens of players.' As if there's some limit beyond which you shouldn't go. My reply... And? So what?)

Just my two penn'orth.
    OutcastLondoner
  • So, Mrs G the ones who didn't get interviewed or haven't gone public, they're "okay"

The ones who did go public, don't believe them, they're lying, they must be?

You think that banning a lot of fans is a good thing? How the heck do you arrive at that conclusion? That doesn't do anything good for the club at all, perhaps getting people to change their ways would be better?

There are several sides to this story, we will probably never find out the truth, however I do find it very strange that Livermore got so wound up (and I do sympathize with him) that he jumped in the crowd, based on what he heard or what he though he heard, but doesn't take it up with police, if you got that wound up surely you'd want to see it through?

Also why the indefinite ban? That also doesn't seem to make sense either, whatever he's said, coke, kid, Y** or just because of his general behaviour, why is not just a life ban? Therefore are there certain levels of abuse that now get you certain sanctions?

Our club has a recent history of banning people, some of it quite rightly so, but they've also made some glaring mistakes over the last 18 months and reversed many.

Any fan that abuses a player like that shouldn't cry about the possibility of being called out, and dealt with, but we all know at football over the years we've all been going, it happens, rightly or wrongly it happens and always has.

I am damn sure that had he said "kid" some of our own fans would've dealt with him there and then.

All just my opinion of course....
  • So, Mrs G the ones who didn't get interviewed or haven't gone public, they're "okay"

The ones who did go public, don't believe them, they're lying, they must be?

No. Not what I said.

You think that banning a lot of fans is a good thing?

Not what I said.

There are several sides to this story, we will probably never find out the truth, .

I would agree if you said 'there are several versions of the story'.

• The club said it spoke to people around him and made its decision. So, those who didn’t hear it - fine - but those who claim with certainty nothing was said, are quite possibly very wrong.

And yes, let’s ban people because some people clearly don’t get the message and need to stop being defended by the “i didn’t hear/see anything” culture.
  • Because he hasn’t been banned for life I’m going with the fact he stupidly abused Livermore but I’m not sure the kid comment could be proved

Livermore didn’t get sanctioned because it couldn’t be proved that the kid comment wasn’t said or that he didn’t honestly mishear in the heat of the moment

Imo
  • The club said it spoke to people around him and made its decision. So, those who didn’t hear it - fine - but those who claim with certainty nothing was said, are quite possibly very wrong.

And yes, let’s ban people because some people clearly don’t get the message and need to stop being defended by the “i didn’t hear/see anything” culture.

I’d love to know how many people around this guy were interviewed or contacted by the club.....I’ve not seen one quote anywhere from anyone who claims to of been around him, confirming he did say kid
  • I know we all like to moan about the club sometimes but I must say they've helped me out today. I bought 2 tickets last night for the Bournemouth match not knowing my cousin had already bought our tickets, so I called the ticket office asking if these could be exchanged or refunded and was told no not under any circumstances. I then emailed the club on the off chance explaining the situation and saying it seems a shame to just leave 2 seats empty due to my stupidity and today got a polite reply saying the tickets have been cancelled and the money refunded. Well done Nic in the ticket office and West Ham. COYI ;scarf
    MrsGreySuzanneClaretMoojor
  • Good to hear, shame you had to go back a second time, some may not of bothered
    TwistandShout

I’d love to know how many people around this guy were interviewed or contacted by the club.....I’ve not seen one quote anywhere from anyone who claims to of been around him, confirming he did say kid
    Much easier way to avoid this whole situation. Be a normal decent human being who doesn't feel the need to scream abuse at another human because of a game of football.

Simples.
    HammerwombatMrsGreyJorderz_Moyes_will_be_Moyesgrey_til_I_dyeheathrowhammerironmike44

What has this got to do with anything? Are you saying because anybody who heard what went on didn’t publicise their testimony on Twitter that it somehow suggests Livermore might be making it up?
    MoojorMrsGreyIronHerbironmike44
  • edited January 18
    https://www.whufc.com/tickets/ticketforwarding

Interesting. An alternative to ticket trader, so you can (officially) let a mate use your ticket. A good idea. (Although, it could be abused, maybe... I suppose that's why there are additional restrictions on category A games.)
  • Also like the idea that you can choose to gift a game to the Foundation if you can't find someone to go.

Well done, West Ham!
    MoojorMrsGreySuzanneClaretWhitehorsehammer