Does Diafra Sakho have a future at the club?

He was so fab in his first season.

Where did it all go wrong?

;weep

Comments

• edited December 2017
    ;ok OCS (on team selection v Arsenal).

Apart from Sakho, I don’t think he works nearly hard enough.
  • edited December 2017
    He didn't yesterday (Chelsea), but I thought he did well when he came on against City.

Looking very much like someone who will never fulfill their potential, which is a shame. He the physical attributes to be a very good PL striker.

It's between the ears that he seems to struggle.
  • I understand the comments on Sakho, but when he first came to us he did work very hard. Clearly he fell out with Bilic. If there is a chance he can regain his enthusiasm for us, then he is worth working on. So a sign of faith from Gollum (not meant derivatively towards Mr Moyes) might help us gt him back to his best ...
  • I’m afraid he rather burnt his bridges with me.

He can go as soon as we can find a buyer.
  • I think he’s shown he very clearly doesn’t want to be here, personally
  • If it were up to me, after all that turning up for a medical elsewhere business, he would have never played for us again. It was incredibly disrespectful and felt very much like he was extracting the urine.
  • I’m afraid he rather burnt his bridges with me.

He can go as soon as we can find a buyer.

Well, if we can’t find a buyer in January, he’ll be gone in the summer anyway since his contract finishes at the end of the season.

I’d prefer to wait until the summer, when there are better options (unless an £8m-£10m offer comes in).
  • edited December 2017
    Move him on and Move Carroll on, need a reset on our strikeforce with Hernandez.
  • Cardiff City are interested according to the Daily Mail but it also says we want £12m for him which seems unlikely as he can leave on a free in the summer.

Oh, I forgot, its Sullivan and Gold so we probably do want £12m,,,,,
  • I’d let him go for free in January. I don’t think he works for the cause, I don’t think he wants to be here, I don’t think he adds to the club in a positive way. I would rather Martinez got a try then keep bringing Sakho on for the last 10 minutes.
  • Move him on and Move Carroll on, need a reset on our strikeforce with Hernandez.

Not this again.....

Where exactly are we going to move Carroll on to? He's injury prone, on £80k a week and he's got another season on his contract.

We tried moving Sakho on to WBA the summer before last and failed because he wasn't fit enough and we were asking too much. Del Boy and Rodney will put some stupid price tag on Carroll and he'll be here until Summer 2019.
  • ASLEF

I believe we have a 2 year option on Carroll's contract, so my prediction is that he will hit some form, we extend his contract, then he's here til 2021 instead.
  • alderz said:

ASLEF

I believe we have a 2 year option on Carroll's contract, so my prediction is that he will hit some form, we extend his contract, then he''s here til 2021 instead.ll get injured

Fixed.
  • Even S&G aren't mad enough to renew Carroll's contract........
  • edited December 2017
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-striker-diafra-sakho-set-to-leave-in-the-january-transfer-window-a3723956.html

I guess we now know why Sakho isn’t starting games.

‘The striker was keen to join Rennes last summer and even arranged an unofficial medical with the French club on transfer deadline day. The move fell through and it is understood an agreement was then reached between West Ham and player that he would be paid substantial appearance money, reported to be £50,000, each time he started a Premier League match.’

;hmm
  • Adam said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-striker-diafra-sakho-set-to-leave-in-the-january-transfer-window-a3723956.html

I guess we now know why Sakho isn’t starting games.

‘The striker was keen to join Rennes last summer and even arranged an unofficial medical with the French club on transfer deadline day. The move fell through and it is understood an agreement was then reached between West Ham and player that he would be paid substantial appearance money, reported to be £50,000, each time he started a Premier League match.’

;hmm

Why would we make any sort of agreement to pay him an extra 50k when he was already contracted to us. This makes no sense what so ever.
  • edited December 2017
    He needs to go with Carroll and just put that whole saga behind us so we can move forward