Man City vs West Ham - Sunday, 3rd Dec, 16:00

Comments

• So can Delph be done retrospectively for that dive?

Or are the big clubs immune to that kind of thing?

All clubs are immune. Dives only get punished retrospectively if they lead to a sending off or a penalty.
  • Problem was letting De Bruyne have all the time in the world throughout the game. I'm sure they must have know he runs the show.
    Pity we don't have any truly skilful players who can unlock a defence.
  • That was more like it.
    This loss feels better to accept as we all predicted a far worse outcome...
    As said above , can't knock them today, pity we couldn't have knicked a point, but fair play to them.
    Main worry is more injuries today that we can't afford....
  • I'm a bit 'meh' about that. It was a better performance, but where was that against Everton? Or Watford? Or pretty much anyone we've played?

It feels like an empty gesture, almost. Giving your all in a game that we were always going to lose is pretty futile if you can't do it in games where we can actually get points.

I guess the best we can hope for know is that we replicate that effort and work rate for the rest of the season and go down with at least some pride.
  • Given the car-crash performance most were predicting, how strange does it feel to be a bit gutted to have lost?

Adrian - HAS to keep the shirt, or I'm starting the Moyes out thread.

Arthur looks better and better at LMF.

Well done Moyes for the tactics, and well done to the players for their efforts in carrying them out.
  • Thorn. De Bruyne is world class. If it was easy to mark him out of the game, lots of other teams would have done it.
  • Yep Adrian is a better keeper than Hart imo. Has to start.
  • A heartening performance. WHU midfielders did not go with Silva and left Rice to deal with two MANC palyers in the six-yard box. Could have got a point if Sakho had his goal compass. Adrian needs to stay in goal - much better that Hart.
  • Lukerz said:

We’re gonna go down but at least that was a reasonable level of performance.

We're not going down, the second half of the season will be as good as the first half has been bad.
  • Icon bubbles song
    We did not lose by rickadolusss amount
    ;footie
  • I think that performance will encourage the players for the next few games and I am hopeful that by the time we get a few easier games we will be much improved.
  • I know you can't mark him out of the game but we rarely got within 3 yards of him so he could play whatever ball he wanted. Works if everybody else is marked out of the game but moments like Rice losing track of Silva for the second costs you.
  • Thought Masuaku was absolute dross.
  • edited December 2017
    imageIf we play like that against arsenal and Chelsea we good beat either or both of them.

The problem is we won’t

We shouldn’t get too carried away either. We are not the only “lesser side” to have given Man City a bit of a scare this season
  • I've said it since day 1, Adrian is better than Hart and I'm glad others are starting to realise this. It's not even a case of "both make lots of mistakes but Hart just nudges it" - it's not that at all... in fact Adrian is better by a country mile. I'm confident that we would have 3-5 more points to our name so far if we had him in goal this season.

But I'm expecting Hart to appear back in goal next game (annoyingly).
  • Lukerz said:

We’re gonna go down but at least that was a reasonable level of performance.

That performance gives me hope a team admitted that were under the cosh but heads didn’t drop, city will win the league by a country mile and to defend and compete with them and stand up for the club tells me we going to be ok it’s now up to that group of players to be consistent and show that fight and determination against your stokes Newcastle and the like COYI
  • Lukerz said:

Thought Masuaku was absolute dross.

He is more of a Fifa street player than a premiership player.
  • edited December 2017
    Lukerz said:

Thought Masuaku was absolute dross.

Sorry, Lukerz, but I honestly have no idea what you expect, then. ;puzzled
  • Barracks ;cheers
  • baracks

Or, this is the benchmark for the rest of the season.
  • The other thing is teams like City are clinical. A couple of times in the first half Antonio got his feet in a tangle and then the Sakho miss at the end.
  • Masuaku played well imo. One of our best performers alongside Adrian, Ogbonna and Obiang. But that's not to say the others who I haven't mentioned didn't play well. All of our players had good games. If I had to say who did badly, perhaps Sakho but he had little to work with so he doesn't deserve a slating or anything like that.
  • I thought we did alright considering the team we were playing against cost over half a billion to assemble.

Play with heart and hardwork like that for the rest of the season and I think we will be ok.
  • Can't really slate Sakho for the miss. The ball from Arnautovic was a little behind him.
  • thorn

Well, yeah.

That's why all their players are worth gazillions.

It's not really a surprising observation, is it?
  • tried hard, for a change, but still 0 points, lets see how Chelsea goes
  • Im so sorry everybody. I caused that defeat. I had been to a family lunch, and promised myself I would not look at the score until FT. Got home early, looked at the score with 7 minutes to go, 1-1. Switched the computer off, left it 15 minutes, came back, FT 2-1.

Just call me Jonah and hang an Albatross around my neck.

;doh
  • Here ya go, wombat:

• Adrian was phenomenal, if Hart starts the next game then I'm guessing the loan deal is that he starts every game unless he's injured or otherwise unavailable in which case our situation is down to the board's stupidity
  • Much much better, a response that makes us feel all is not lost even though we should not underestimate the possibility of being cut off by Christmas, our task is to try and retain contact with the relegation free places by January, a time by which if we are I feel with performances like today we will begin to climb.

As has already been said Adrian must retain the start, Moyes is said to be a no nonsense manager so lets see him make a no nonsense decision as he cannot possibly have seen anything in Hart these last few weeks to suggest he should walk straight back in. Hart holds himself like a top keeper, but doesn't seem to perform as one unfortunately.

No comedy defending today, the goals were decent goals worked by decent players, we didn't gift as we have been and that's a big improvement. We looked better organised ( why we so poor against far worse players only a few days ago at Everton I have no idea).

Need more attacking force so need Chico back and Carrol, although I like the look of Sakho at the moment.

As for a side note to end does Antonio ever enter into any business on the pitch without it ending with him limping or holding a part of his body?

This discussion has been closed.