Lookman! Don’t Ayew Rooney perfectly Goodison Wednesday evening (A Everton 29.11.17 Match Thread)

1789101113»

Comments

• Ayew is not a big player. He's an average player who West Ham paid a lot for.
  • ;quaver You've got Sam Allardyce, You've got Sam Allardyce ;quaver

We sang to the Everton fans early on.

;quaver We need Sam Allardyce, We need Sam Allardyce ;quaver

We sang after the 3rd goal.

The Everton fans stood up and applauded.

That was the nights highlight.
  • Curse modern air travel that lets you watch football disasters as they happen.
  • Outcast, the way we were lumping the ball up to the diminutive Ayew, an aeroplane was probably the best vantage point.
  • Herb, correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure I will be) but I think you may have received the most stars and lols I've ever seen on here. Brilliant ;clap
  • I deserve it for standing through that dross. ;lol
    Strangely enough if we had scored during that pressure early in the second half I think we might gone on to win. Funny old game...
  • IronHerb said:

I deserve it for standing through that dross. ;lol

And you’ll be going back for another helping on Sunday...
  • Not this week. I've earned a break. ;phew
  • Moyes seems to be getting a free pass...

Had Bilic got 1 point against Watford, Leicester and a woeful Everton team he would have been slated ;hmm
  • IronHerb said:

;quaver You've got Sam Allardyce, You've got Sam Allardyce ;quaver

And that shows how bad it is at the moment when you're calling for Sam Allardyce.... ;nonono
  • IronHerb said:

Not this week. I've earned a break. ;phew

Knowing your luck, this will be the week when.....
  • Well if sam was still here how place in the premier league would be secure in my option be careful what you wish for because it may be coming

Had Bilic got 1 point against Watford, Leicester and a woeful Everton team he would have been slated ;hmm

Maybe people are just trying to give him a chance and support the manager.
  • IronHerb said:

And that shows how bad it is at the moment when you're calling for Sam Allardyce.... ;nonono
    Surely you mean ..................... drum roll

Twist Allardyce

;run

Hang on... who changed his user name ;lol

Maybe people are just trying to give him a chance and support the manager.
    Should have supported Bilic then
  • Bilic was manager for over two seasons. Moyes has had three games. Bilic had support for a long time where other managers wouldn't have, all throughout last season (which was dreadful) and the first part of this season (also dreadful).
  • edited December 2017

Moyes seems to be getting a free pass...

Slav had 3 years, Moyes 3 weeks. Be fair.
  • IronHerb said:

Tongue in cheek Twist. The Hammers fans still have their sense of humour, and we really need it at the moment.
  • IronHerb said:

Moyes seems to be getting a free pass...

Slav had 3 years, Moyes 3 weeks. Get real
    A new manager normally sees a reaction. Worryingly we look worse.
    IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

Tongue in cheek Twist. The Hammers fans still have their sense of humour, and we really need it at the moment.
    Away fans have been brilliant, Herb ;clap
    Can always rely on the fans to come up with a funny chant or two even with the mess we're in! ;scarf

• A new manager normally sees a reaction.

No they don't.
  • edited December 2017
    MrsGrey said:

A new manager normally sees a reaction.

No they don't.
    You're telling me when a new manager comes in it doesn't make a difference?
    The players don't want to make an impression to the new manager? It's a well known thing in football.

Puel at Leicester would be a good example. They've beat Everton, Spurs, drew with Stoke away...

(It is supposed to lift a club. I guess you could argue that appointing someone like Moyes, who is as dour as they come, might have the adverse effect.)

Or are you just disagreeing with me for the sake of it? ;whistle
  • I interpreted your comment to refer to results/performances in matches, rather than on the training ground (which we don't see so can't form an opinion of).

• When Sam took over palace they lost their next 3 games I think , I will give moyes some time I think he inherited a big mess and he is not going to turn it round in a few weeks. He needs to get the players fit for a start
  • When Cubrs took over we were 18th. He won his first game, Man U at home, drew away at Fulham then lost three in a row including a 6-0 drubbing away at Reading on New Year's Day. We didn't get another win in the League until 17 March by which point we were bottom.

Pards drew six and lost two before we beat Wigan 4-0 at home
  • I feel for Moyes

We have already played crystal palace, swansea, huddersfield, west brom, burnley, Newcastle, Southampton and brighton before he took over

Whether we are home or away 8 of the 11 teams Bilic played against we wouldve expected points

He hasnt started well but the team looked broken when he arrived it wasnt going to be fixed in a day

I think the board shouldve taken action a lot sooner imo....but the players have no heart so i think we are relegation favourites
  • Feel for Moyes ? he knew what he was walking into. He took the job and was appointed and getting paid good money. He needs to earn it.
This discussion has been closed.