Man City vs West Ham - Sunday, 3rd Dec, 16:00

edited November 2017 in Match Threads
Man City's biggest victory in the PL ?
West Ham's worst defeat in the PL ?

Bingo Cards ready for every Man City Player scoring.

As much as I want to see some of the kids played, the first 11 deserve a few more hidings and at least give the kids a chance against Newcastle and Stoke then being ploughed through against City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Lineup:-

Adrian (since Hart cannot play this one, probably a good thing)

Zab Collins Reid Kouyate Cresswell

Lanzini Obiang Noble

Sakho Ayew

Comments

• Dont care about the lineup....rhere is only one question....

Who starts Aguero or Jesus!!!

Need that triple captain boost for FF
  • I reckon Jesus will start over Aguero. He seems more favoured and Jesus was subbed. I also could see both starting since Sane is cited as "ill" and may not play this weekend.
  • Pep's pre-match briefing...

"fill ya boots"
  • Call me mad but think we could win this one city have to loose sometime why not now ,sakho has to start and Adrain will play a blinder ;scarf ;scarf ;scarf
  • Steve - you're mad!!! But then aren't we all for supporting this lot!
  • This is exactly the sort of game we will win, and then we will probably get thumped six nil a week later
  • Adrian
    Antonio - Rice - Kouyate - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Obiang
    Ayew - Sakho - Lanzini
  • Not Ogbonna, for the love of god can we please drop Ogbonna.

• Adrian; Zabaleta Rice A Training Cone Cresswell; Antonio Obiang Kouyate Arnautovic; Ayew; Sakho
  • alderz said:

Adrian; Zabaleta Rice A Training Cone Cresswell; Antonio Obiang Kouyate Arnautovic; Ayew; Sakho

A Training Cone picked up an injury in training and is unavailable
  • A little unfair on Oggie, yes he`s been poor, but no worse than Cresswell or Reid, in fact I think Reid has been shockingly poor. Our best defender has been Zab, he`s been a little better than poor. I think there is a case for dropping the lot of them. I`m not saying I wouldn`t drop Oggie, but I don`t think he has been any worse than most of the others. Whoever plays in our back line, I just hope Moyes has the sense to play a back 3. If Collins and Byram are fit I would play:

...................................Adrian..............................
    Byram...........Kouyate...Collins...Rice.........Masuaku
    .................Antonio.........Noble.......Arnautovic.......
    ...........................Sakho........Ayew......................

I would tell Antonio and Arnautovic to come off sweating blood.
    No Lanzini, I know, seems mad, but we need to try something different.
    Noble is our best passer, I would tell him to sit in front of our back three and pass (forwards), we should have plenty of width with Byram and Mas, and plenty of mobility/speed/movement in front of Nobes, he should have options. Can`t see this being any worse than what we have endured lately.

;goal
  • Not Ogbonna, for the love of god can we please drop Ogbonna.

From the 18th floor
  • edited November 2017
    Zabaleta needs to learn the difference between playing at RB and RWB.
  • MrsGrey said:

Zabaleta needs to learn the difference between playing at RB and RWB.

That's more like it ;lol
  • Reid is miles better than Ogbonna
  • Zab is the full back equivalent to Nobles midfield. Both can see what needs to be done but cant actually get there to fix it.

So is my daughter
  • If A Training Cone is out can we have his namesake, A Training Bib?
  • The only positive I can think of so far is that City have 40 points so they are safe from relegation....

Maybe they will relax a bit...

You`re not wrong, and I think Reid has been fantastic for us over the years. I don`t know if he`s lost a yard of pace, but he never seems to get close enough now. In fact the whole back line seems to stand off and give the oppo too much room. I just don`t think (imo of course) Oggie has been any worse, this season, than any of them. I think the whole back line needs to get closer. As one of my old managers used to say "Let the blighters know you`re there"
    He didn`t actually used to say blighters, but you get the drift.
  • --------------- Adrian ---------------
    -- Zab -- Rice -- Og -- Cress --
    Arnie-Kouyate-Obiang-Masuaku
    ------Antonio-Sakho-Ayew-------

It's almost suicidal to play such an attacking team but we need the points. Realistically it's going to result in us getting spanked 6-0 but I'd rather risk that and with the VERY slim chance of us getting a point or win. If we ignored my team and went defensive we simply have no chance - it'll just be a case of losing 4-0 over my team which will probably lose 6-0 but there's that tiny chance we'll actually perform and pick up a point or three. Imo we need to focus on points and ignore the possible effects it could have on our GD.
  • Play zab in midfield maybe
  • Man city v west ham? No thank you.
  • --------------- Adrian ---------------
    Arnie-Kouyate-Obiang-Masuaku
    ------Antonio-Sakho-Ayew-------

It's almost suicidal to play such an attacking team but we need the points. Realistically it's going to result in us getting spanked 6-0 but I'd rather risk that and with the VERY slim chance of us getting a point or win. If we ignored my team and went defensive we simply have no chance - it'll just be a case of losing 4-0 over my team which will probably lose 6-0 but there's that tiny chance we'll actually perform and pick up a point or three. Imo we need to focus on points and ignore the possible effects it could have on our GD.

I clearly can't count and have 12 players on the pitch. I'll try again:

--------------- Adrian ---------------
    Antonio-Kouyate-Masuaku-Arnie
    ------------Sakho-Ayew-----------
  • MadCap

I don't disagree that Reid has been poor too.

However, and maybe this is just my bias as i ;carew him, but I think that is down to playing next to someone who always a split second away from a mistake. Reid looks nervous, and is often caught out of position by moving across to cover for Ogbonna.

Also, he always used to play on the left of a centre back pairing, and he never looks as good on the right, IMO.
  • Suz will there a a 30 second option for first goal?
  • We won't score that early. ;run
  • edited November 2017
    Yeah herb , we will tease them, by letting them think we are going to score.then mess it up, several times, and we will give them few goals head start.
    It’s the new West Ham way
    0-0 that’s what I think and hope, it will be big fat flop
    ;yercoat
  • I remember when we beat city 2-1 had twenty at 33/1 we went 2-0 up early and they scored and we hung on despite no possession and them having a million shots against us just imagine that again, wait one that’s my alarm going off
  • Realistically our only hope is that City take up the opportunity to rotate their squad and play some of their kids, maybe they will recall Hart :-).

My only hope is to try and let go of my usual tension when watching us and pretend that it is a friendly.

Man city have played some wonderful stuff this season and if they turn it on then maybe our lot will learn something - shades of Dinamo Tibilisi, we got our tails handed to us that night but I actually enjoyed watching it.
This discussion has been closed.