International break matches

Comments

• That would be Norn Iron Grey.

;pray
  • Against Switzerland (Edi Fernandes)
  • DJ ;ok

Misremembered from my brief time in Antrim (mind, that was 30 years ago...)
  • DJ ;ok

Misremembered from my brief time in Antrim (mind, that was 30 years ago...)

M

Lol. No worries Grey.

• That penalty decision against NI might be one of the worst I’ve ever seen!
  • No. That would have been Payet at Man U in the cup.
  • That penalty decision against NI might be one of the worst I’ve ever seen!

No player on the Switzerland team even appealed for a penalty, terrible decision.

;weep
  • To be fair Northern Ireland never looked like scoring, so they would have to score in Switzerland anyway. Only difference is one Swiss goal on Sunday and Northern Ireland aren't going to Russia.
  • To be fair, the penalty should never have been awarded...
  • Yeold not sure that holds up mate.

ET and pens I believe if it was 0-0 in Switzerland.

NI have the 2nd highest clean sheets during qualifying (behind England, I know I was amazed myself...)
  • edited November 2017

To be fair, the penalty should never have been awarded...

True but there was one later in the game that should have being given to the Swiss.
  • Diafra Sakho grabs the 1st goal v SA , in WC qualifier , currently 2-0 Senegal HT...
  • I wish his head was right with us i rate him so highly somethings happened there me thinks
  • I'm sure our new manager will be able to see the game on tv at some stage, new manager, perhaps new start for Sakho... U can only hope.
  • Let’s hope so cus he’s a goal scorer when he’s right on his game and works hard for the team
  • Ok, so England V Germany friendly. Have I missed something. Why are England playing in blue at home, and Germany in their home kit?
  • £££££
  • wombat ;ok

Wondered the same thing, and came to Herb's conclusion.
  • Ok. ££££££ as you were then. Not a bad game then. Cant get used to an England player being called Loftus Cheek. I always thought John Johnny Johnson was our default setting.
  • I like to think that his nickname is bare-faced...
  • I run a pub in Derby now statto that comes in says colour change is either toss of a coin or because they have wore the other kit to many times so have to change to promote it not sure he’s correct tho
  • Apparently it’s to appease Nike according to google
  • Ok. ££££££ as you were then. Not a bad game then. Cant get used to an England player being called Loftus Cheek. I always thought John Johnny Johnson was our default setting.

George 'Johnny' Johnson - last surviving (I believe) Dambusters crewman awarded the MBE this week.
  • Winston Reid superb at the back but finished the game on 1 leg. NZ 0 Peru 0 -
    Peru disappointing-
    So we now head to Lima all square awaiting a backlash
  • edited November 2017
    That’s a huge amount of travelling for Winston....it must effect you and he has a WH game in between....

Why didn’t they put NZ closer to England, it’s very inconvenient being so far away...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41860130
  • Winston Reid superb at the back but finished the game on 1 leg. NZ 0 Peru 0 -
    Peru disappointing-
    So we now head to Lima all square awaiting a backlash

Although he almost conceded an own goal if it wasn't for a fantastic save from his own goalkeeper
  • "Winston Reid superb at the back but finished the game on 1 leg."

That must have been some tackle. ;biggrin
  • Wilfred Zaha decided to play for Ivory Coast rather than try for an England spot, this week he told the Crystal Palace website
    I'm looking forward to the game because it's an opportunity for me to prove my worth and show up in big games. Big players step up in big games, and I want to be one of those players that my team can rely on
    FT Ivory Coast 0-2 Morocco, Morocco qualify

Morocco scored twice in the first half hour, Zaha had one shot in the 75th minute which missed

What a shame..........
  • Tunisia did just enough to qualify, drawing 0-0 at home to Libya although it looks like they went for it, 71% possession, 18 attempts on goal with 5 on target

Tunisia will be in Pot 3 and with their shooting accuracy I'd quite fancy them in England's group!
  • Come on the BiG!

;scarvire