Liverpool (H) who will leak the least (4th November match thread)

edited October 2017 in Match Threads
Which Liverpool will show up, will the West Ham back 4 (or 5) put in a shift for more than 45 minutes at a time.

Comments

• Crikey, didn't realise it was Liverpool next.

Loss.
  • Hart,
    Byram, Fonte, Reid, Rice, Cresswell
    Obiang, Lanzini, Kouyate
    Ayew, Hernandez

;hmm
  • Loss.

Can't imagine us living with Coutinho, Salah, Firminio etc
  • Yeh, I think we are are gonna get something out of this game..
  • edited October 2017
    Hart
    Kouyate - Reid/Fonte - Ogbonna
    Byram - Noble - Obiang - Cresswell
    Ayew - Lanzini
    Carroll
  • We should be capeable of a home win,, starting to think, we are bottle larzzzz
    Still home win,,,
  • edited October 2017
    We seem to perform best when we aren't expected to win. Therefore as I don't expect us to win I reckon we will win 3-2 (makes perfect logical sense ;wink )
  • Given our defensive problems it could be

Hart
    Kouyate Rice Ogbonna
    Byram Noble Obiang Cresswell
    Lanzini
    Hernandez Ayew

but he might fancy playing Carrol against their dodgy defense. Another draw.
  • Home win...

Bit early to be drinking Suz... ;hmm ;redwine
  • Apparently Reid, Fonte and Cresswell could all miss this adding to Collins and Zabaleta.

So looking like:

Hart
    Kouyate - Rice - Ogbonna
    Byram - Noble - Obiang - Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Ayew - Chicharito

Can see us getting beat at least 0-3 in this one.
  • Home win...

Bit early to be drinking Suz... ;hmm ;redwine
    Never too early for a little snifter my dear ;biggrin
  • Hart
    Kouyate Rice Ogbonna
    Byram Obiang Noble Lanzini Masuaka
    Ayew Hernandez

Team almost picks itself imo with the suspensions and injuries

Little worried about Byram and Masuaka at full back should give us pace but they both give silly fouls away and will be up against Salah and Firminio
  • Yeh, I think we are are gonna get something out of this game..

Probably a good hiding!
  • Given our defensive problems it could be

Hart
    Kouyate Rice Ogbonna
    Byram Noble Obiang Cresswell
    Lanzini
    Hernandez Ayew

but he might fancy playing Carrol against their dodgy defense. Another draw.

Carroll as an impact sub replacing Hernandez in the second half imo.
  • carrol for defence reasons when we are 2 up
  • There are press reports of a defence crisis, due to injuries, for the Liverpool game (https://greenstreethammers.com/2017/10/31/west-ham-makeshift-defence-liverpool/). So it is strange that Rice is playing tonight in the EFL Trophy. Unless Bilic thinks that he can play three games in 8 days. What if he got injured tonight? Or is the injury news fake and part of some mind games?
  • For me, this is a must win game. After taking only 2 points from games against Southampton, Newcastle, WBA, Brighton and Palace, we must make up ground somewhere and Liverpool are the only side in the top 6/7 who I would say we are most likely to upset. Under normal circumstances a point would be ok but given our tally so far, we need to win.
  • I rarely make predictions on us winning/losing any particular game (especially when its pessimistic). However, I would be staggered if we even got near a point in this game with a makeshift defence up against Liverpools attack.

Private Frazers catchphrase springs to mind....
  • Worth noting they play midweek don’t they? Tonight is it? Might be a bit of fatigue if we actually play with intensity.
  • We're getting done over by 3 or 4 putting in Salah for FF
  • I’ve done my free hit this week and put Salah in as captain.
  • Lukerz said:

Worth noting they play midweek don’t they? Tonight is it? Might be a bit of fatigue if we actually play with intensity.

That's a champions league game tonight against Maribor - a team they beat 7-0 in the first leg. So this time round they'll probably field a weaker team and only play at "first gear" tonight.

With their strike force and our weak defence I think they'll play an attacking line up on Saturday. But as they have a weak defence too I can see us playing an attacking line up as well!
  • edited November 2017
    OCS

Wasn't that against Chelsea many years ago, I remember being there for that

5 - 5
  • edited November 2017
    Expat - I was there too, 1966/7?.
    Johnny Byrne had a penalty saved but was first to the rebound and scored. I was roughly parallel with the penalty spot.

Those were the days of watching the score printing out on the BBC football results.
    I often thought about fans who weren't there and what the respective Chelsea/West Ham reactions would have been when they saw Chelsea 5 - West Ha ;biggrin
  • Home win ;scarf
  • NE ..... Imagine one of today's players reacting to a Chopper Harris tackle

Still be rolling about on the pitch next season ;lol
  • How wonderful if we could go back and referee one of those matches with todays acceptable behaviours, most matches would have ended up 8 players vs 7.

I just really hope that even if we lose this week it's due to being outplayed rather than stupidity, no elbows from Arto or Carroll, no step across penalty's or brain freezes and no Slav shutting up shop because we win a corner in the third minute.
  • edited November 2017
    Rumour from the training ground that Byram has torn his quad.

No right backs for Liverpool ;wahoo
This discussion has been closed.