The Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2017/18 - sackings etc at other clubs - Zidane going/gone

Comments

• I rate him higher than Bilic. Everton completely blew their transfer policy by signing eight no. 10s and no striker to replace Lukaku.

And Koeman had nothing to do with that suppose? ;hmm
  • edited October 2017
    His record is pretty much - go into a club, have one good season then drag them down. Or, break his contract to leave and take up a better offer, and drag that one down until he is sacked.

Jorderz, if you are right, why would we want a manager who is at the mercy of the board and their poor transfer policy. I don't see how that is an improvement....
  • Surely it’s time for Everton to dangle the carrot in front of slav to tempt him away from West Ham? ;whistle
  • Whether or not it is the correct decision, if the owners were looking to replace Biliic and hope for the honeymoon period of a new boss which "normally" appears to get the team performing better, even if just for the rest of the season, then getting in Koeman looks like an attractive prospect.

I don't doubt that the plan is to get rid of Bilic at the end of the season at the moment, now with Koeman available and the improvements he made to Southampton looking tempting. I wouldn't be surprised if the David's pulled the trigger sooner rather than later.
  • edited October 2017
    MrsGrey said:

Called it ;ok ;lol
    Any time you hear vote of confidence you can guarantee a sacking is on the way.

The same as when a GF says "we need to talk" never going to end well....
  • My gut instinct with Koeman is no.
    If he fails it will implode for us spectacularly. If he finds any degree of success he will be off in a heartbeat with not a moment’s thought

;hmm
  • IronHerb said:

I rate him higher than Bilic. Everton completely blew their transfer policy by signing eight no. 10s and no striker to replace Lukaku.

He probably did, but he won’t be in a position to spend £150 million at West Ham. On a smaller budget he is a superior manager to Bilic IMO.
  • edited October 2017
    I actually rate Koeman, they've had a pig of a start in terms of their fixtures. The only smart FF decision I made was to leave Everton players alone for the first 10 games.

They wanted Giroud but he choose the bench life. They didn't have a backup plan which was a big mistake, but he is not head of recruitment.

I would take him...
  • IronHerb said:

I rate him higher than Bilic. Everton completely blew their transfer policy by signing eight no. 10s and no striker to replace Lukaku.

but he won’t be in a position to spend £150 million at West Ham.
    Never a truer word spoken ;lol
  • So his record in England is 7th, 6th, 7th in three seasons with clubs 'similar' to us and people still don't want him?!

Leicester could be going in for him, so we need to act quickly.
  • The board will wait it out for Benitez and then when he doesn't come it will be too late to do anything about being in a relegation fight. Then we will have to wait and see if lady luck shines on us to see if we are relegated.
  • I would take Koeman, if only because I hate criticising Bilic ;weep
  • edited October 2017
    Adam said:

So his record in England is 7th, 6th, 7th in three seasons with clubs 'similar' to us and people still don't want him?!

Leicester could be going in for him, so we need to act quickly.

He picked up a very good Pochettino trained Southampton and a Lukaku inspired Everton. This is the first time he has attempted to build a team and it didn't go too well. Not much there, imo, to say he is a must have.
  • But Bilic is? Koeman has done well over three seasons. Bilic has done well for one season, heavily helped by Payet and Upton Park euphoria.
  • His squad was completely different to Potchettino's squad. Southampton's turnover of players was very high then.
  • Koeman also has a good track record with youth

I'd take him in a heartbeat
  • Koeman, sorry but a no for me, never liked him ever since he cost the legend known as Graham Taylor his job.

Doesn’t tell it as it is either, went back on his word at saints and can’t be trusted, Lukaku going was never going to be easy, but he’s spent a lot of money and got it horribly wrong, sideways move for me and not who I’d want to replace SB
  • But Bilic is? Koeman has done well over three seasons. Bilic has done well for one season, heavily helped by Payet and Upton Park euphoria.

I'm Bilic out but not keen to sign someone who has just been sacked for not doing well. Everyone mentions Grant who we signed after he relegated Portsmouth!
  • I would take Sean Dyche I bet his buyout isn't that big. He has done wonders at Burnley
  • PLF - but will he play the West Ham Way? ;wink
  • Man City, Spurs ;run
  • IronHerb said:

But Bilic is? Koeman has done well over three seasons. Bilic has done well for one season, heavily helped by Payet and Upton Park euphoria.

I'm Bilic out but not keen to sign someone who has just been sacked for not doing well. Everyone mentions Grant who we signed after he relegated Portsmouth!
    Fair enough, but Koeman has a 3-1 ration of good seasons, and this one is only 9 games old, in which they’ve played all of last season’s top 5.
  • I still would go for Eddie Howe despite where the Cherries are currently sitting in the league.
  • ;nonono to Koeman rather keep slav
  • Not sure why people are pointing to Everton's fixtures.

It's their performances that have been the problem, not merely their results.

They are as bad, if not worse, than us, for a far greater outlay.

Ronald NONONOeman.

Would be a terrible appointment, imo.
  • Grey

You don’t have to give your opinion right now - it’s ok to go away and think about it if you are in any way unsure..
  • baracks

Good point.

I'm pretty undecided; maybe I'll sleep on it... ;wink
  • 663 games managed
    356 wins
    140 draws
    167 defeats
    +483 GD
    53.70% win rate

Terrible appointment? If that’s terrible then what does that make Bilic.
  • No.

Actually, scrap that.

NO NO NO to Koe Koe Koe!