West Ham vs Bolton (League Cup) - Tuesday 19.09.17 - Match Thread

edited September 2017 in Match Threads
With 4 points in our last 2 league games. West Ham's attention looks away from the league as they host Bolton at the London stadium in the new Carabao League Cup competition. Back in the days that Bolton were in the Premier league they were very much a bogey team of ours, Kevin Davies and Kevin Nolan up there with Romelu Lukaku and Wayne Rooney in scoring goals in every game they played against us.

Alas fortunately for us Bolton tumbled down a few leagues and much like us have had a very poor start to the season sitting rock bottom in the Championship.

So who comes in to face Bolton ? i imagine some fringe players will get a run about. Ogbonna / Ayew / Adrian / Arnaoutouvic / Sakho / Rice / Masuaku / Byram / Noble probably all in contention to start against Bolton.

Line Ups ?
Predictions ?

Can we get a cup run going ?

Comments

• Oh how I hated Notlob!

Can see Bilic putting out a second 11.
  • WBA followed by Bolton all we need is Stoke next to complete the unholy trinity....
  • Adrian; Byram Rice Reid Masuaku; Noble Kouyate; Arnautovic Ayew Antonio; Hernandez

• Adrian;
    Byram Rice Ogbonna Masuaku; Noble Haksabanovic; Arnautovic Ayew Sakho Hernandez

bench - any injured players coming back, the best of the kids.

• Bolton are rock bottom of the Championship, drawn two and lost the rest. They've kept one clean sheet so far and have failed to score in the last four. The last time they scored was when they beat Wednesday 3-2 in the cup which ended with both managers sent off.

Despite losing eight in a row to Bolton I think we might win this one.

I've got tickets as its one of those rare occasions when West Ham are at home and I'm not working. I expect to be a happy Hammer by the end of Tuesday night
  • Think that there will be some rotation but I doubt we will see wholesale changes

Adrian
    Byram Fonte Ogbonna Masuaka
    Holland Kouyate Rice Arnautovic
    Hernandez Sakho

That's what I'd like to see give gametime given to Rice and Holland I feel they could do a job against a team like this

Sakho, Byram, Masuaka and Arnautovic likely to get minutes given the lack of minutes they have
  • Can Adrian equalize in the clean sheets department? He's got one, Hart's got 2
  • Can't see Hernandez starting. I think it will be Sakho as the lone front man
  • Adrian, Byram, Rice , Ogbonna, Masuaka; Holland, Noble, Fernandes/Hacksaw, Arnie; Sakho, Ayew. 442. Will Lanzini be fit enough for 30 minutes? This match has come at a good time, to get players match fit & challenging for first team places. 3-0 ;icecream
  • Adrian
    Byram - Fonte - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Antonio - Noble - Rice - Arnautovic
    Ayew - Sakho
  • I'd go for:

--------Adrian---------
    Byram-Fonte-Oggy-Masuaku
    ------Noble-Rice-------
    ---Sakho-Ayew-Arnie---
    ------Hernandez-------

I'd give 'Lil Pea at least a half up top down the middle on his own to see how he does, then - hopefully once we've gone ahead - replace him so he's fit for the weekend probs with Hakisakafish or whatever attacking MF youth is doing the business in the U23 league and put Sakho up top for the rest of the game. I'd take Arnie off after about 60-70 too as he needs some game time but I want him fit for the weekend.

Would love to see two from Hakisakafish, Quina, Holland, and Samuelson get some serious minutes after half time as subs. Possibly give Fernandes some minutes second half too if he's fit.
  • Adrian
    Byram - Ogbonna - Rice - Masuaka
    Haksabanovic - Noble -Holland- Arnautavic
    Ayew - Sakho
  • The U23s play Liverpool tomorrow, if Holland (or anyone else) is left out then they might be in Tuesday's squad
  • IronHerb said:

Adrian
    Byram - Ogbonna - Rice - Masuaka
    Haksabanovic - Noble -Holland- Arnautavic
    Ayew - Sakho

I think this team sounds about right too, but i reckon we will see kouyate playing to get more minutes after returning from injury not long ago than holland.
  • Haksabanovic

I see we have a few iterations of this guys name Hacksaw ;lol and Hakisakafish ;lol

I think i will refer to him as Hakzor :D
  • Good old Hackers for me. ;wink
  • edited September 2017
    From today's press conference: SB: "We will have a strong side, but with changes. It's a good opportunity for those players [players who have played this season and last in the PL] to impress."

Also says AC won't play tomorrow.
  • Bolton beaten again at the weekend. No wins in eight in the Championship. Only two wins all season [and they could only manage those in the EFL Cup].

I think that we all know what the only outcome can be.
  • U23s starting tonight. West Ham United: Trott, Pike, Akinola, Pask, Johnson, Makasi, Browne, Kemp, Hector-Ingram, Samuelsen, Martinez.

To be ruled out of the Cup game tomorrow.
  • So we're looking at Rice, Holland, Hackerz & Quinna to be in the squad?
  • Supposedly 2 are starting out of the youngsters. So, Rice and Holland?
  • Slav did say it would be players who had played in the PL.
  • Slaven said that the starting XI would be players who'd played in the Premier League this season and last season so maybe Rice and Quinna from the U23s

Carroll will be rested, Zabaletta will be left out because he's on four yellows.

Arnie, Ayew and Sakho all need playing time, Kouyate has only played two full games since returning from injury
  • I want see us at the very least in one more final before I die. Get the win please West Ham, and play a strong team to do so.
  • I hope Hernandez plays, and through the centre.
  • Take it there won't be a stream?
  • just a stream of tears when we loose ;biggrin
  • edited September 2017
    Or a stream of jeers if we don't lose, or a stream of cheers if we win. ;biggrin