West Ham vs Huddersfield 11.09.17 Match Thread

edited August 2017 in Match Threads
Our first home game corresponds with 3 losses on the bounce in the league.

Slavs tenure hangs in the balance and West Ham need to get points on the board or surely time will run out for Bilic.

With players returning from injury its do or die.

Formations / Tactics ?

3 Points or Bust !

Relegation Deal With it ;cool

Comments

• It is a must win game or Bilic will equal Avram Grant's dismal record and we all know what happened after that. Assuming that most players are fit and those on international duty return unscathed I would like to see the following:

Adrian
    Ogbonna Reid Kouyate
    Byram Obiang Lanzini Cresswell
    Antonio Sakho Hernandez

Subs: Hart, Collins, Masuaku, Noble, Ayew, Carroll, Haksabanovic

Carroll has not had a pre-season and will need to be rehabilitated slowly, but could make cameo from the bench.
  • If bilic is still in charge Huddersfield will score. The only question is can we score at least as many as they do
  • If we don't match huddersfields work rate we will be in trouble they have confidence at the moment we don't
  • edited August 2017
    Hart
    Fonte - Reid - Collins
    Byram - Obiang - Kouyate - Masuaku
    Lanzini
    Chicharito - Antonio

Adrian, Ogbonna, Zabaleta, Cresswell, Noble, Ayew, Sakho

Back to the no-nonsense back three. Ogg sits this out. Byram and Masuaku come in as attacking wing backs, Fresh legs in the midfield and Antonio plays up top to stretch the defence. Making 7 changes after 3 games is not ideal but yesterday was so bad I don't feel there is an alternative.
  • Whether he is her ear not we 100% need to go with a back 3 no question about it

Adrian
    Reid - Collins - Ogbonna
    Byram - Kouyate - Obiang- Cresswell
    Antonio - Hernandez- Lanzini

I would keep Creswell think he has actually looked ok so far and his crossing is going to be needed, masuaka a more attacking option if needed

Would be happy never to see Fonte in the starting XI again

Feel for rice but he is just a kid and Kouyate and Obiang shpuld be restored to the lineup

Wanna try stay positive but already feel so low about this season which is sad but their is a fundamental problem with this team and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose this as Huddersfield have started brilliantly
  • From January 2017 to the end of the 2016-17 season WHU played 20 games in all competitions and won 6 (30%). For the 2017-81 season, including pre-season friendlies, WHU have played 10 games and won just 2 (beat Fulham and Cheltenham). Altogether that is played 30 (equivalent to the bets part of a season) and won 8 (27%). Whatever the reason there is an alarming rot and Bilic and his team have not able to arrest it. We concede too many goals too easily. Can't use new stadium as an excuse - other teams came and won there. Other teams have injuries too and use other members their squad, so that is not a convincing argument either.

The Huddersfield game is a must win or there is more trouble ahead. Huddersfield are a hard working team and will chase everything. WHU players need to stand-up and be counted. I don't think Bilic will survive for too long.
  • edited September 2017
    Slav the man in charge,, 3 points please
  • Bilic will be in charge unless Rafa quits Newcastle

Hart
    Zab Reid Oggy Cress
    Noble Obiang Kouyate
    Antonio Hernandez Lanzini
  • I am losing interest a bit like the way feel about England
    How do we spend all that money and play so bad.
    How did Huddersfield get on against Newcastle?
  • If we concede the first goal in this game, the atmosphere is going to be really negative and toxic.

We really need to get the first goal.
  • Id like to see us revert to a back 3 just because it does provide extra protection, extra cover for the counter and IMO plays to our squads strengths/reduces weaknesses. I would probably edge towards:-

------------------HART---------------------
    --------ZABA-----REID----OGBONNA----------
    ---BYRAM-----KOUYATE---OBIANG--CRESSWELL-
    ---------ANTONIO---------LANZINI-----------
    -----------------HERNANDEZ-----------------
  • Agreed TWC

Let's get back to solid, he's done it before in two spells let's do it again

;ok
  • Let's look at premier league
    Bottom West Ham scored none let in 10
    Third Huddersfield score 4 let in none
    If we win 4 nil slav keeps his job ;ok
  • edited August 2017
    That's the spirit!!

(Scored none?)
  • Hart; Reid Collins Ogbonna; Byram Obiang Rice Cresswell; Antonio Lanzini; Hernandez
  • That's the spirit!!

(Scored none?)

Sorry scored 2
    My mistake ;bowdown
  • Pengeman said:

From January 2017 to the end of the 2016-17 season WHU played 20 games in all competitions and won 6 (30%). For the 2017-81 season, including pre-season friendlies, WHU have played 10 games and won just 2 (beat Fulham and Cheltenham). Altogether that is played 30 (equivalent to the bets part of a season) and won 8 (27%).

In the same period we have drawn 8 matches. So we have lost 14. While I do agree that is too many we would be on 32 points with a -21GD. Compared with last season we would now need 3 points from the next 8 to avoid relegation.
  • Against Newcastle Oggy worried me with how many times he takes the soft option of passing backwards leading to a hurried hoof upfield by Hart . Accept that midfield weren't exactly spoiling him with options. If Huddersfield are going to press as hard as Newcastle we have to be able to move the ball better from the back into midfield. Zaba has got to stop going forward so often and so early in a move. Agree with TWC would like to see Zabba play behind/inside Byram. coyi
  • Isn't the problem that there is no Scott Parker type midfielder who will drive the midfield instead of hoofing it?
  • NEoldiron said:

Isn't the problem that there is no Scott Parker type midfielder who will drive the midfield instead of hoofing it?

Kouyate does that?

Though we did play most of the game last weekend without someone doing that. Noble, Rice and Fernandes is a really bad combination – very static. Rice has been impressive but he's not super mobile, neither is Noble who's also been quite anonymous and Fernandes gets about without really getting us forward much. I'm never that sure of what to expect of Fernandes as a starter, though I think he adds good energy into the midfield as a sub.
  • NEoldiron said:

Isn't the problem that there is no Scott Parker type midfielder who will drive the midfield instead of hoofing it?

Kouyate does that?

Though we did play most of the game last weekend without someone doing that. Noble, Rice and Fernandes is a really bad combination – very static. Rice has been impressive but he's not super mobile, neither is Noble who's also been quite anonymous and Fernandes gets about without really getting us forward much. I'm never that sure of what to expect of Fernandes as a starter, though I think he adds good energy into the midfield as a sub.
  • Outcast - Fernandes played the first half against Newcastle on the left wing then moved to the centre after half time when Lanzini replaced Rice
  • Please don't compare Rice with Noble when it comes to mobility ;nonono
  • One thing is for sure Bilic will continue to play everyone out of position
    until he is shown the door .

on paper i think our squad is ok its the poor organisation that doesn't help .
  • Who has played out of position in the 3 games so far?
  • Most of the midfield and defence as they've been nowhere to be seen most of the time.
  • Mrs G - Rice was a centre back with the U23s so he's played out of position four times this season

Hernandez was switched to wide left against Southampton to allow Antonio to go up front and save his legs while Fernandes out left against Newcastle was only because Lanzini wasn't fit enough for more than 45 minutes.

Other than that no one has been played out of position
  • Some of the players are just that bad though lol. Bilic's tactics have failed miserably but its not all him. We have some very poor players who have zero chemistry.
  • i still think we have a fitness problem i don't believe we train hard enough
    the preseason was a disaster under Bilic.
  • Yea too often do we look leggy and struggle to get the second balls......

Add the reports from other coaches that player are unfit and the training isn't hard enough here
This discussion has been closed.