Other games this weekend (exclduing West Ham)

Sparky's latest:

"We always have difficult starts and that is how it's been since we've been in the Premier League. Other teams have it at different times."
Lat year first 6 included Boro, Palace, West Brom. Year before: Leics, West Brom, Norwich.

Comments

• Ok, I just saw a you tube clip of Ipswich fans singing "I'm for ever blowing bubbles" to Millwall during their 4-3 win on Tuesday.

Well it made me ;lol
  • Saturday 19.08.12

SWA v MU up first.

It ok so far.
  • Torn between wanting to see Man U slip up, and hoping they do Swansea like they did us.

Swansea putting 10 behind the ball.
  • Man Utd look very strong. Swansea look more solid than us, but there's no doubt United are strong.
  • Was just about to post my bafflement at the varied ways Man U had found NOT to score, when Baily poked home.

Well-deserved lead - now, do Swansea stick or twist?
  • Thought Pogba was lucky not to get a second yellow.
  • Jorderz

Looks like Swans are getting in more interceptions, and Man U aren't quite at it the way they were against us, but they still look far too good fro Swansea.
  • How is Bailly allowed to get away with packing down on his attacker when defending corners?
  • Normal service is resumed! 0-4 so far!!
  • Hope this is putting our game last week into perspective a little for the doomsayers.
  • I'll discount any goals scored by Lukaku, so we lose 2-0 and Swansea are losing 3-0 so far.
  • edited August 2017
    To be fair Man Utd have come up against a couple of pretty benevolent defensive units in their first two games, even though they themselves have been very good

Surrey will be absolutely rocking tonight

• baracks,

I felt like I was able to watch this game with much more objectivity than ours, and I honestly didn't think Swansea defended badly at all. They got 10 behind the ball and kept tight for as long as possible, but after the first one goes in, it's hard to balance that with trying to get back in the game, and it gets tiring against players of that power.

Also, when you can bring on Martial and Herrera, it's no surprise they have the strength to blow tired teams away.
  • Hope this is putting our game last week into perspective a little for the doomsayers.

You mean that we are as bad as Swansea.
  • 0-4 I only turned over to briefly watch the cricket ;nonono
  • MIAHammer said:

Hope this is putting our game last week into perspective a little for the doomsayers.

You mean that we are as bad as Swansea.
    I mean neither of us are as good as Man United.
  • Ooooo ;handbag ;handbag at Stoke as per.

*rollseyes
  • Stoke 1-0 Arsenal

Wenger out ;biggrin
  • Huddersfield v Newcastle now live on your telly box.

Good game so far...

• edited August 2017
    Huddersfield striker just pushed in the box in exactly the same as the Saints lad yesterday.

Result.

Goal kick.

Because.

It's not a penalty.
  • Oh a Newcastle are ;whome ;wahoo ;nonono and lucky that it's still 0-0
  • ;hmm perhaps its time to let it go Suz ;whistle
  • So if Newcastle don't score today they will go into the match against us not having scored in the Premier League since May 2015! Off to the bookies. ;yercoat
  • Huddersfield 1 up to a really good goal.
  • If Huddersfield win that's a six point gap between them and us and a big goal difference .is that gap to big to catch with two games gone ;biggrin
  • ;hmm if Chelsea loose there level with us does that mean we both go down ;biggrin
  • Huddersfield 0-1 Newcastle

Huddersfield are worthy winners. ;clap
  • steve said:

If Huddersfield win that's a six point gap between them and us and a big goal difference .is that gap to big to catch with two games gone ;biggrin

Didn't work out too well for Hull last season.
  • Spurs (they are playing their home games at Wembley this season in case you hadn't heard ;doh) v Cheating Russians.

I'm hoping for a mass brawl and several sending's off (including one of the managers).