Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Keep calm and carry on.

Comments

• I wonder whether Rav will be back for Deadline Day ;hmm

Miss you bro ;hug
  • ;phew there was me thinking the window was closed ,but just the Greys doing what they do best ;thumbsup
  • edited July 2017
    The other thread was so unwieldy, it was slowing the database down. I ws just hanging on 'til the Hart thing was sorted ;ok

(I'll add a note to the closed one pointing people over here... )
  • Please be true about Keita

Think he's class and exactly the type of player we should be going for.....someone who improves the team and can double his value if he continues his form

Would massively prefer him over Arnautovic even if he carries an element of risk having never played in this league

• Keita is a brilliant player. Would be unreal if we manage to pull that off...
  • I do think this is 100% this season's Bacca, but if you don't ask you don't get, I suppose
  • Marko Arnautovic: West Ham agree £24m deal for Stoke City and Austria forward
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40648924
  • So 3 players all with pl experience who can go straight into the team excellent ;thumbsup
  • Can't see us shelling out for BOTH Arnautovic and Keita....think we've got the inferior deal

Zabaleta - Free
    Hart - £4.5m
    Arnautovic - £24mil
    Hernandez- £13mil

Hart
    Zabaleta Reid Ogbonna Masuaka
    Obiang Kouyate
    Antonio Lanzini Arnautovic
    Hernandez

Perhaps
  • I can't see Keita joining tbh think if we get Hernandez and maybe one more striker I would be v pleased with the window
  • Should be considered a great window if we really can secure Hernandez.

Very happy thus far

Coyi
  • Not sure about £24m for Arne ;hmm

Stoke appeared to have placed a price on his head and we appear to be just agreeing to it. ;hmm
  • Baracks tbf I think that's just the case for premier league club

You just don't really get to haggle anymore with clubs
  • Teams in the champ are paying 15m for players now....

Remember when we got Nolan and people were questioning that..

#toomuchmoneyinfootball
  • 24m is not considered that huge in today's market, however it is still a massive fee for a club like ours.
  • Baracks tbf I think that's just the case for premier league club

You just don't really get to haggle anymore with clubs

Particularly when the selling club hold all the aces; he's contracted until 2020 and Stoke don't need to sell. Our 'need' was greater and we paying over the odds as a result.

But £24m isn't a great deal in today's money, particularly given that Jacob Murphy is costing Newcastle £12m from Norwich and Asom Assomb Asommb the Forest striker has gone to Boro for £14m
  • Well, I declare. ;run
  • Personal terms agreed with Hernandez, according to the Telegraph tonight.
  • So far so good. Zab 'n' Hart are experienced and quality aquisitions. I am pleased.
  • Hernandez would be an excellent signing. Limited outside the box but guaranteed goals inside it. Lanzini should give him plenty to chase.
  • Personal terms agreed with Hernandez, according to the Telegraph tonight.

dcb2a494814f0878887bcf2df7b2c8c3_1
  • I am not sure about 24m for the Stoke lad as he seems to be a bit of a prima dona who can sulk if everything not going well, sounds like someone I used to know.

It may have the makings of a bright start followed by anonymity. People saying we had to pay the large fee as Stoke held all the cards due to long contract signed last year, again sounds like someone I used to know.........yet who managed to name his own selling price virtually.
  • Being reported that Sunderland (who have just agreed to sell Vito Mannone to Reading) have made a £3.5m bid for Darren Randolph.
  • SSN claiming Newcastle and palace are battling it out for Adrian.
  • edited July 2017
    praying the Hernandez story is legit ;pray
  • edited July 2017
    Arnie and hernandez then 1 more striker and we are good to go.

Flog Sakho and Snodgrass to if possible.
  • Looks like we may have a new defensive coach:

IMG_1723
  • edited July 2017

Looks like we may have a new defensive coach:

IMG_1723

That's made me feel queasy.
  • Luke is that a Joke?
  • I didn't realize we actually had one. The way we defended last season any defensive training is better than what we had.
This discussion has been closed.