Pre-season training camps and fixtures (West Ham)

edited July 2017 in Men's First Team
So, first details coming out about the what, when and where of pre-season.

1st training camp, Austria, 10-21 July
2nd training camp, Germany 24th July - 4 August.

Only matches confirmed yet are back-to-back game against Werder Bremen 28+29th July for the 'Betway Cup'.

An interesting approach ;hmm

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/june/13-june/hammers-face-werder-bremen-betway-cup

Edit:
Matches confirmed...

20 July v Fulham (in Austria)

28 July} Betway Cup, 2 legs against Werder Bremen
29 July}
1 August v Hamburg (Germany)

Plus a West Ham XI play on 18 and 22 July (Colchester and Dagenham, respectively).

Comments

• Firstly, I quite like the idea of a two legged two day approach. That's a bit unique and different, I like it.

Something I don't like though:
    29/11: Everton (A)
    02/12: Manchester City (A)
    09/12: Chelsea (H)
    12/12: Arsenal (H)
    16/12: Stoke City (A)
  • edited June 2017
    ;wave I'll split this into 2 threads, the original being for discussion of all our pre-season stuff and then a new one talking about the season's PL fixtures. I'll use Twists as the opening post for that one.

http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10214/pl-fixtures-17-18-released-today

alderz, sorry but your post covers both....do you want to edit your post and put the fixtures bit in the other thread?
  • edited June 2017
    West Ham United will visit Germany to take on Werder Bremen in a unique and prestigious two-legged Betway Cup.

http://www.europlan-online.de/osterwald-stadion/verein/1890

Scroll down, it's not the stadium at the top.
    The capacity is not quite as high as the London Stadium. However, it's got a running track around it so we should feel almost at home. ;biggrin

• NE - two different venues over two days and no direct transport link between them.

Friday, 28 July Osterwald Stadion, Schneverdingen
    Saturday, 29 July Heinz-Dettmer Stadion, Lohne

You can get a train from Bremen to Lohne but you have to change trains at Buchholz for Schneverdingen. There is no direct transport link between the two towns
  • FB_IMG_1427405121215
    We could charter a fan bus!!
  • Lohne is 50 miles south west of Bremen, Schneverdingen about 50 miles east, not particularly helpful for supporters. And there's only one direct flight from London to Bremen per day, Ryanair from Stansted at 8am with the flight back at 6:45am!!!!

Probably better to fly to Hamburg......
  • They've added another match in Germany (Hamburg 1 August).

Plus a West Ham XI play on 18 and 22 July (Colchester and Dagenham, respectively).

Tickets on sale, just announced on club website.

I'm in the UK 17-27 August and not any of these are options for me. ;weep
  • I just pray that this preseason goes off seamlessly....please ;pray

Last seasons preseason was flat out awful and so disruptive

Need to make sure everyone is 100% fit and ready for this season as everyone looked leggy throughout last season

Get some signings on before August as well please so they have time to properly integrate themselves

• MrsGrey said:

They've added another match in Germany (Hamburg 1 August).

Tickets on sale, just announced on club website.

I'm in the UK 17-27 August and not any of these are options for me. ;weep

This year I had 30 July - 10 August as my two weeks "summer" leave (we get our leave on a rota basis) plus I could have taken Friday 28 and Saturday 29 as my two weekly rest days. Last month I swapped those dates for two weeks in September to do a colleague a favour.

Curse my instinctive helpful nature!!!!!!!!
  • ;nonono
  • So, they report back for pre-season on 5 July (next Wednesday)? Is that right?
  • I believe so.
  • Yes but some a little later
  • Sakho and AC not but the rest yes.

Ogbonna is already back.
  • ;hmm so back on 5th july anybody picked up an injure yet just thinking about it
  • Reid is out till season starts
  • thorn/vorse - I saw that Cresswell's not due back until the 10th ;ok
  • So Cressie plays 10 minutes for England and gets an extra 5 days off. Nice.
  • I think the days off are for the time he spent at the training camp, rather than the time he spent on the pitch ;lol
  • Sakho and AC not but the rest yes.

Ogbonna is already back.

Says everything about their professionalism.
    Sakho and Carroll still on Holiday, whilst Ogbonna is back working hard to get fit. (I know he was signing a contract but there is also videos of him in the gym)
    If i was Carroll or Sakho id be the first back, doing anything i can to get fit.
  • But you just can't just turn up and train. They are probably working on fitness regimes that have been set up by the medics.
  • Looking at Carroll missus Instagram looks like Carroll is more interested in sunbathing and being at pool party's then getting fit for the new season it really is a joke.
  • You hope they are doing something as they owe the club really

I know it's not their fault they are injured but the club relies on (and pay them handsomely) them and they should be trying everything to get fit

If Ogbonna is training fulltime and players like Gundogan at city are back trying to recover from bad injuries you'd expect these 2 should as well
  • Looking at Carroll missus Instagram looks like Carroll is more interested in sunbathing and being at pool party's then getting fit for the new season it really is a joke.

How do you know he isn't fit?
  • edited July 2017
    When is he ever fit fully? just saying with the way he breaks down constantly you think the club would want him back early to get him up to speed before preseason starts, why has he been given extra time off? He hasn't been playing for England has he so just baffles me. ;hmm
  • We are getting a new first choice striker anyway. Hopefully one that doesn't get injured first game.
  • edited July 2017
    Carroll is still injured. Nor is Sakho.

That's why he's not returned early because he isn't injury free so train.

Neither will start pre-season on time.
  • Well why isn't he in the physio room then surely they can do work with him to get him ready for training or do they think it's a waste of time as that will crook him even more you couldn't make it up ;lol
  • Not if they are waiting for the injury to naturally heal...