Hammer of the Year awards 2017

Voting now open on the website!

Hammer of the Year
Goal of the Season
Save of the Season
Best Individual Performance
Best Team Performance
Signing of the Season

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/april/19-april/vote-your-hammer-year-now#q2COhJiJRXT1dw8X.99

Comments

• edited April 2017
    This is what i voted...

Hammer of the Year - Reid
    Goal of the Season - Antonio vs Watford
    Save of the Season - Adrian vs Palace
    Best Individual Performance - Obiang away at Southampton
    Best Team Performance - Southampton away
    Signing of the Season - lol
  • Hammer of the Year - Obiang
    Goal of the Season - Carroll v Palace
    Save of the Season - Adrian v Everton
    Best Individual Performance - Obiang away at Southampton
    Best Team Performance - Southampton away
    Signing of the Season - Fernandes
  • If Carroll doesn't get goal of the year for his scissor kick he will be a bit miffed I think.

Obiang for me for POTY but Ginge for attitude.
  • Hammer - Antonio
    Goal - Carroll
    Save - Post v Hull
    Individual - Antonio v Palace
    Team - Palace
    Signing - Lanzini if that counts
  • Hammer - Michail Antonio
    Goal - Andy Carroll
    Save - Darren Randolph vs Liverpool
    Individual - Michail Antonio vs Palace
    Team - Southampton
    Signing - Andre Ayew

Looking at the options for signing of the season is pretty depressing tbh
  • edited April 2017
    Hammer of the Year - Antonio
    Goal of the Season - Carroll
    Save of the Season - Adrian V Everton
    Best Individual Performance - Antonio Palace
    Best Team Performance - Chelsea
    Signing of the Season - The Post

The selection for Signing of the season is depressing....
  • Hammer of the Year: Manuel Lanzini
    Goal of the season: Andy Carroll v Crystal Palace
    Save of the season: Darren Randolph v Liverpool
    Best individual performance: Michail Antonio v Crystal Palace
    Best team performance: v Chelsea (EFL Cup)
    Signing of the season: Andre Ayew
  • Hammer of the Year: Winston Reid
    Best individual performance: Pedro Obiang vs Saints
    Best team performance: v Chelsea (EFL Cup)
    Signing of the season: Andre Ayew
  • Awards are tonight ;ok
  • Haha funny how Friday could easily now be performance of the season.
  • Hammer of the Year:Lanzini
    Best individual performance: Pedro Obiang vs Saints
    Best team performance: v Saints
    Signing of the season: Arthur
  • edited May 2017
    Hammer of the year for me is Obiang. He was an 8/9 out of 10 in every game pretty much.

You could also put him as signing of the season since his first season was pretty much non-existent!
  • Reckon it will be Antonio
  • Slaven_A_laugh_Lukerz,
    Agree Friday nights game would be a lot of fans choice now for performance of the season, but I'd add for me any game from any season when we beat Spurs would be my game of the season. I dread our games against them so it's always a relief to get the match out of the way and a nice feeling if we have won
  • Messi has voted... ;cool

IMG_1230
  • Save of the season: Randz against Henderson. I'm personally not so impressed by tipovers of long-range efforts that the keeper has plenty of time to see - rate reaction saves from close-range or deflected shots much more highly...
  • Signing of the season: Fernandes. Yes, I can get on board with that one, as he's shown promise for the future while also chipping in here and there this season, including his goal against Chelsea. But to be honest, the competition was not great this year.
  • edited May 2017
    Domingos Quina wins the Dylan Tombides award: another one that shows great promise (did you see his Beckhamesque lob from just inside his half?). Let's hope some of these (Quina, Fernandes, Samuelsen, Cullen, Oxford, Burke, Rice...) break through into the first XI, starting with some more game time next season.
  • edited May 2017
    And Declan Rice wins the Young HoTY: to be honest haven't seen much of him, but hope to see him lifting the PL2 trophy and getting us promoted. How do you rate him and when might be be ready to break into 1st XI?
  • AC gets goal of the season - not a hard one to predict. But did you remember that Antonio crossed it with his left foot? Good effort on the assist too, though Antonio using his left foot was probably why Andy had to do a bicycle kick rather than just head it in!
  • Masuaku has been signing of the season for me. Not greatly impressed by Fernandes so far.
  • edited May 2017

Masuaku has been signing of the season for me. Not greatly impressed by Fernandes so far.

Yes, I would have gone for him if voting today, so should probably dilute my reaction to Edi's winning it. Should we assume (most of) the voting was done before King Arthur had his recent couple of great games? Maybe an academic question - I certainly agree with you about Masuaku. Indeed, I was saying regularly that Bilic should start him ahead of Cresswell long before he finally did favour him - one of the selection issues that gives me concerns about Bilic.

But I have still been quite impressed by Fernandes's energy, ball-winning and driving forwards. And he has 90% pass completion. A lightweight-Kouyate, perhaps.
  • edited May 2017
    Players' player of the year is Lanzini - that's really great, since it shows how much they believe in the player who as our "no. 10" must carry the most responsibility for creativity.

I wonder if the players will sing "Ain't nobody like Lanzini, Makes us happy, Unlike Dimitri!"
  • edited May 2017
    Final awards going to Bobby Moore and Antonio - the worse-kept secret of the night. Both richly deserved and perhaps a fitting combination, since Antonio seems to hark back to another generation of footballer, with his honesty, commitment and markedly high ratio of goals to rabonas.
  • So you know this makes the contract discussion more expensive....
  • Signing of the season... ;fence
  • On the signing of the season, I think that the fact Masuaku can come back in the team and have 2 or 3 good performances and that makes him now top some people's list as signing of the season just goes to show how poor our summer business was.
  • David Gold @davidgold
    Player of the year Michail Antonio is close to signing a new contract with West Ham United. dg