Welcome Simone Zaza - official

edited October 2016 in Completed Transfers

Comments

• Zaza has signed apparently
    elegible for the Watford game
    was on the OS then got taken off again !!!! ;ok
  • Also from Jack on Twitter:

ZAZA signed, full details on WHU website tomorrow. One of the toughest deals ever to get across the line. #COYI

Welcome Zaza
  • edited August 2016
    Feeling slightly underwhelmed by this signing for some reason ;hmm

Hope i'm proved wrong.

Welcome Zaza.

• If he scores for us in his first game, there will be no more gloom in my household. I think, with absolutely no evidence to go on, that he's a better buy than Bony Idle or Baccout.
  • Well he is cheaper than bony reported 30 mill and bacca 25 mill and he is younger than both hopefully he will do the business for us welcome Zaza . Plus his name is cheap to put on the back of your shirt if he is any good lol
  • Jack Sullivan @jsullivanwhu
    5m loan fee, if he plays a small number of games it becomes a permanent 5 year deal and we pay another 20m euro plus

ZAZA signed, full details on WHU website tomorrow. One of the toughest deals ever to get across the line. #COYI
  • Welcom Simon
  • Can't believe people are missing the crucial question:

What is going on with Diddy D's shorts?
  • Is it me or does it feel strange that we get our transfer news from someone not old enough to get served in a pub?
  • It's only a done deal for me when i see it on the official site.
  • I've read he has to play 16games for the deal to be permanent. AC would still be on loan with us....

His goal record doesn't look great but Bilic has wanted him for a long time.

Welcome I hope you can hit a barn door.
  • Is it me or does it feel strange that we get our transfer news from someone not old enough to get served in a pub?

I like getting my transfer news from a man in the pub. Although admittedly he hasn't always proved to be 100% reliable.

• mike said:

It's only a done deal for me when i see it on the official site.

It WAS on it early this morning, with a welcoming statement from Ogbonna, got pulled after about 5-10 minutes.
    Our PR dept strikes again ;bowdown
  • edited August 2016
    WHU606 can offer an exclusive peek at Zaza's new penalty technique:

• It's on the OS now.
  • Another loan deal ;hmm
  • It's a done deal ;whistle
  • Maybe without selling Valencia & Sakho there isn't enough in the pot for outright purchase ...
  • Does it matter, Twist?
  • I'd say it matters that it's a loan instead of a permanent.

I also don't like this idea of it becoming permanent after a certain number of appearances. We run the risk of ending up in a position where he never gets played because the manager doesn't want the deal to be triggered and we end up with one less player.
  • Jorderz

It's clearly going to be a permanent deal, imo.

The structuring is simply to do with finances.
  • If Slav wants him and he subsequently plays well it wont happen. If he sucks, then at least we didnt spend the whole fee. I personally think that even a couple of years ago if we even entertained getting a Juventus forward whos an Italian international and still in his 20's, most of us would've laughed (and be totally shocked we could do it) at the idea of him coming here! I reckon he'll adapt and do well for us ;angel
  • I would have preferred permanent as I think it knits them into the club more, something that could have been an issue with Bony if the China rumours were correct. However we simply need a quality striker, and NOW, so however he pulls on the shirt I am happy.

What I do like is that he comes from a top league, top club within that league and is an international. Whether he works out or not is another thing but this is undoubtedly the signings we need make if we are seeking to become top 6 -8 in the Premiership and be able to compete in the Europa. It's fine having a punt now and again but proven at the level you wish to attain is the key, something which obviously doesn't come cheap, but is necessary.

If this is to become our level we need the ability to attract players through our set up such as Stadium and location, which of course we meet now with our new home and being a London club, we need a manager who can attract, which again I think we have, and we need owners with large enough resources, this one I am not sure about but hope will prove to be the case.

For now at least once we begin to get our players back to fitness we should I believe be able to compete with everyone again this season, and this was the best thing about last season, knowing we could go to Manchester or Chelsea and know we had a good chance of getting a result.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

Are the pair of them being measured for the new line in official club straitjackets?

• I would have preferred permanent as I think it knits them into the club more, something that could have been an issue with Bony if the China rumours were correct. However we simply need a quality striker, and NOW, so however he pulls on the shirt I am happy.

Technically, we needed a quality striker on Thursday...
  • I thought Sullivan's Hunt for Red October look was a bit of a sartorial disaster but those shorts.......
  • Greyerz ;ok

I'm sure you're right.
  • WHU606 can offer an exclusive peek at Zaza's new penalty technique:

I don't think that you're taking our new marquee signing very seriously.

• I also don't like this idea of it becoming permanent after a certain number of appearances. We run the risk of ending up in a position where he never gets played because the manager doesn't want the deal to be triggered and we end up with one less player.

Surely if the Slaven doesn't play him as he doesn't want the deal to be triggered it implies he does not want him on a permanent. With a Loan and positive option to buy then at least we get to see whether he is likely to make it in England before we commit.