Comments

• Wish you two would talk to each other... ;whistle
  • OCS

To the swiftest goes the race...
  • ;yercoat
  • edited August 2016
    Masuaku will not be eligible to play in the UEFA Europa League Play-off round against Astra Giurgiu of Romania after featuring for Olympiacos in their Champions League third qualifying round defeat by Hapoel Be’er Sheva. He would be eligible to feature in the group stage if West Ham beat the Romanian champions.
    Which also presumably means he's match fit for Chelsea? Although the Greek football season starts a week after the PL....
  • Arthur LB - Byram RB. Sorted!
  • anyone know about him cant say i do to much but welcome ;thumbsup
  • I am personally delighted as I mentioned we were after him well before Luke did.

Oh I'm also delighted because we have Cressers' void now filled
  • edited August 2016
    Adrian
    Byram - Reid - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Kouyate
    Feghouli - Payet - Antonio
    Carroll

Good signing. My only worry is he seems to be a talented lad with great potential, so what happens to his development when Cress returns
  • Spot on, Luke ;ok
  • Can't worry about that (imo) if we want to build a squad with strength in depth. They'll have to battle it out for the jersey and hopefully push each other on to become better players.
  • There are currently 4 competitions, they can split them and take 2 each.
  • He competes. If he comes in and performs for four months then Cresswell has to wait, IMO. Slav did it last season when Ginge made himself undroppable so if Arthur plays well I think he keeps the shirt ;ok
  • I like that he's called Arthur. ;biggrin
  • I believe he can play LM too.
  • I believe he can play LM too.

So if he plays well he'll keep Dimi out of the side?? ;lol
  • Always good to have a player who can play in different positions, only saying. Also Dimi can't play every game.
  • Well done west ham and welcome Arthur.

Competition for places is what we missed for years and we now have in abundance.

Spurs rotate their wing backs every game I believe.

Now for that striker.
  • Honestly don't know anything abut the lad

Is he any good??

But if he's fit and half decent he has to play and Byram likewise needs to start over Antonio
  • He looks strong and quick from the you tube links, dare I say like Antonio.
  • edited August 2016
    Arthur Masuaku - Ten Fast Facts

Find out more about West Ham United's new signing Arthur Masuaku...

1] Arthur Masuaku spent five seasons with RC Lens as a schoolboy between the ages of nine and 14, before joining local rivals Valenciennes.

2] A teenage Masuaku made his international debut for France alongside Paul Pogba in a 2-1 U18 friendly victory over Germany in Prien am Chiemsee in March 2011.

3] Masuaku made his senior debut for Valenciennes as a 90th-minute substitute in a 3-3 Coupe de France Round of 64 draw at Istres on 7 January 2013. Valenciennes lost 4-3 on penalties.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/August/8-August/Arthur-Masuaku-Ten-Fast-Facts
  • “It’s a big honour for me to be part of this club,” said the 22-year-old. “I was speaking with my agent about some opportunities, but when he told me about West Ham and also the coach, I didn’t think twice, so in my mind, it was West Ham.

“Now, to be able to play with players like Dimitri Payet, it’s going to be crazy. I can’t wait to play with him and also all the rest of the team.

“For me, the Premier League is the biggest league in the world. When I was 18, my target was to come here, so now I am here, I have to prove myself to the fans and to the team so that I can play for this big club.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/37007786

Seems he is a Dimi Fan.
  • He understands
  • Yes! No Byram can play RB and Antonio further forwards!

I've asked JS on twitter, but do we know if he's cup-tied for Europa? He's played in CL qualifying this season already.
  • That's as good an opening statement from a new signing as I think I've read with the 'I need to prove that I am good enough' topping it off.
    Welcome Arthur. ;clap
  • He can play in the next round if we beat Astra but not against them
  • He is cup tied for the play offs vs Astra but not for the group stages should we get to them.
  • Good signing
    Now a right back to please
  • PLF, East ;thumbsup thank you.
  • Jack said he cost about £6m.