OS Confirms signing of Sam Byram (to be known from now on as Brian...)

Comments

• Also if we do get into Europe and go on longer cup runs then more games for them to play in as we will have to rotate more.
  • Add Reece Burke and we need 2 from 5 next season. I think one will be let go. In Bilic I trust.
  • If we have any aspirations of being 8th+ regularly, we need to have at least half a dozen players good enough to get in to the 1st team being kept out by the performances of the 'shirt-holders'.

It is the manager and the club's job to keep those players onside.

Exactly, and this is why modern footballers need to accept they are part of a 25 man SQUAD. Players need to be patient and if the opportunity presents itself grab it like what Antonio done. Thankfully Bilic seems to pick his team and match day squad on current performance and not reputation. If you are playing well you keep your place. If you`re having a stinker or two ;wave
  • ;ok

With players like Reid waiting patiently, you don't get second chances.

So you'd expect one of Ginge/Ogbonna to miss out on Saturday.
  • This has been Tomkins best season and he's had around 8 in the EPL

Ogbonna has had 6 months

Let's see by the end of the year

So pretty much what I said?

;puzzled
  • Izzy - thing is I think Tomkins will ask to leave if he goes back to being a sub.

I don't, not before he's sampled the OS that's for sure.
  • ;ok

Tbf, given that Ginge, Reid and Tomkins all get crocked fairly regularly, they'll all get minutes.

Agreed
  • I don't think he'll ask to go either.

For now he is our first choice RB as Sam won't be joining the senior squad for a while.

• edited January 2016

;ok

With players like Reid waiting patiently, you don't get second chances.

So you'd expect one of Ginge/Ogbonna to miss out on Saturday.

Err.....I think anyone of our players is still capable of a monumental.........

You always get 2nd chances.....nothing to say Reid doesn't have a stormer but see Red?? Or any of the CB's for that matter.

I expect Ginge to miss out and I expect Tomkins to miss out for Jenks as well.
  • I don't think he'll ask to go either.

For now he is our first choice RB as Sam won't be joining the senior squad for a while.

Shows you how much I know, photo's were all over Instagram last night of him training with the senior squad and receiving instruction from Bilic.
  • Although lots of the kids train with the senior squad ..... doesn't mean he'll be a 'senior squad' player.

If you see what I mean. ;puzzled
  • I do yes ;biggrin

I was right after all ;whistle
  • I think you are ;ok
  • Glad you both worked that out

;biggrin
  • Didn't even need the Canadian Judge.

• Bobby M

"We identified Sam Byram as a talent, but in the end it wasn't right for us with the squad we have and not the right move for him either."
  • ;nonono Don't ask for them bro ;nonono
  • Well Roberto you have made yourself look a bit of a fool. Making so much effort and nearly signing a player that was not right for Everton!!

It's easy to say that now as he decided to go to a better team .

Best sometimes just to say nothing.
  • ;lol

Sure we believe you....

Everton are moving up the outside rail to be one of my least liked teams...
  • Sounds like they were only going to buy him to flog him on for a higher price later
  • Don't be fooled by Smarmytez's words. They wanted him, they missed out on him and now they're denying it like a schoolboy denies he fancies the girl he spent an entire term throwing Rolos at.
  • ;quaver memories ;quaver

;biggrin
  • The leeds chairman has publicly said they had a deal with Everton....

;tumbleweed
  • And we sometimes think that our very own David Sullivan puts his foot in it too often, but sorry Mr Smartyenez u just made yourself look a prize ..... ;ok
  • edited January 2016
    Slav confirming Arsenal said they wouldn't loan Jenko again next season:
    “I will be open and say that he (Brian) was more for us for the next season, because we have Carl Jenkinson, who is on loan from Arsenal and at the start of the season they said this is the last year they will give him to us."
  • Slav confirming Arsenal said they wouldn't loan Jenko again next season:

“I will be open and say that he (Brian) was more for us for the next season, because we have Carl Jenkinson, who is on loan from Arsenal and at the start of the season they said this is the last year they will give him to us."
    With that in mind, Brian needs to be on the bench and needs to replace Jenks when it is appropriate. Jenks needs to be a bench warmer pretty quickly and we want Brian to get experience.
  • Moojar - I disagree. Jenks should be starting every game and showing that he wants to come here permanently. If he can recapture his form then he will have much to offer us.
  • Not quite sure why a guy who has been Leeds first choice RB for years would need U21 minutes. Bit insulting, IMO.

He'll be in the squad tomorrow.