Official - some people can't let Sam Allardyce go (counselling available, reasonable fees.)

Comments

• Lukerz,

I think it's more the press going through his new book and picking out quotes from it, those which are most likely to get people to read their poor excuse for a paper.

I'm personally not going to buy his book, but no doubt there is also good stuff in there about his time at WH, but the papers looking for click bait aren't going to run with the headlines about how much he admired the away support for example, no idea if anything like that is actually in there.

But you get my point.
  • Moojor

Well at least you got a point ;lol
  • WHERE'S CLIVE TYLDESLEY ;angry ;puzzled ;angry ;puzzled ;angry ;puzzled
  • Luke, I don't know what you mean. No, I wasn't saying that. I think we may have our wires crossed ;puzzled
  • This thread does make me laugh ;lol
  • ;doh posted on wrong thread
  • No. I think local is right RR ;lol
  • ;lol

WOW ;wink
  • WOW indeed ;ok ;wink
  • edited October 2015
    I feel sorry for him.

The bloke got such an easy ride. In his four years, other than the odd chant here and there, the WHU were very patient and content. 30,000+ in the Champ, 34,000 in the PL, sell-out away fans, supporting the club, very few protests (look at Newcastle and Pards), he was applauded in his first match, cheered and applauded when it was announced he signed his new deal (I was as the game and cheered him). Despite several terrible results (6-0 at City, 5-0 at Forest etc) he was never really vilified.

If he thinks the WHU way is winning, then he has no clue. Bilic is doing a good job at understanding the WHU way. It ain't that hard.

And anyway, on winning, how many victories did we achieve in his last 20 games?
    You're not kidding are you?

Easy ride?

He knew as much as anyone, no matter what he did many would never accept him, right from the start.

Ask Curbs how he felt when you're getting boo'd at home, struggling in a game (you ultimately win) when all you actually need is the fans to give the players an extra lift/support.

Avram Grant while probably a nice man, was the most bland personality out there, he didn't attempt to go anywhere near anything contraversial. He served up a standard of football that was naive at best, woeful at worst.

He got a fraction of the abuse that Sam got, and he was the main reason we ended up with Allardyce to fix his mistakes.

Did Grant have any songs sung about him telling him to "leave"? Did he get boo'd when winning a game? He even managed to survive a lot of criticism when being relegated caused our arch rivals to fly a plane over the ground we'd just thrown a 2 goal lead away at. Did grant have a banner unveiled reminding him while stabilizing he was actually "killing our club"?

Grant had the easy ride in comparison to Sam

I'm just glad it's nearly all over, once this book had died down, then we can focus on Slaven again, until we play SAFC anyway

;ok
  • Plenty of people out there think SA is actuslly talking to the media everyday about WHU right now.

It's his book for crying out loud!
  • ;lol

Wow, Sam. Can't you just let it go...

;whistle
    Probably has now (or maybe not)...but that was written months ago
  • Moojor

Well at least you got a point ;lol
    Respect it!!

;biggrin
  • Lukerz,

I think it's more the press going through his new book and picking out quotes from it, those which are most likely to get people to read their poor excuse for a paper.

Moojor knows

;bowdown
  • I think I have to get this off my chest.

Big Sam was a boring manager whose team played boring football. His type of football is dead in an era where fans pay a fortune to be entertained .
    Setting up defensively in every game is why the players and fans were unhappy.

If Big Sam thinks we were deluded then can he not see what we were all on about now we have a manager like Bilic?

Bilic will not win every game but he has a personality and a sense of humor unlike Big Sam. He also believes you can win games by actually attacking the other side occasionally.

My advice to Big Sam is to let the past go and carry on making the Sunderland fans as miserable as you did most of the West Ham fans in his last couple of seasons.
  • edited October 2015
    Basically, his autobiography is being serialised in The Sun.

So there will be a zillion and one 'stories' over the next few weeks, all based what the journos who are reading the coverage in The Sun think will be clickbait.

Me, I'm not clicking.

I'd prefer to either read the whole thing, or nothing at all, than rely on being drip fed what someone else thinks makes good headlines.
    as i pointed out a while back.

Now I know how you feel, Izzy. ;lol

(PS, I gave you an Agree ;biggrin )
  • If he thinks the WHU way is winning, then he has no clue. Bilic is doing a good job at understanding the WHU way. It ain't that hard.
    In order for some balance, this bit I agree with

;ok
  • edited October 2015
    The bloke got such an easy ride. In his four years, other than the odd chant here and there, the WHU were very patient and content. 30,000+ in the Champ, 34,000 in the PL, sell-out away fans, supporting the club, very few protests (look at Newcastle and Pards), he was applauded in his first match, cheered and applauded when it was announced he signed his new deal (I was as the game and cheered him). Despite several terrible results (6-0 at City, 5-0 at Forest etc) he was never really vilified
    However...... ;biggrin

I'm struggling to see past this bit! No, I really am!

#AngryBear
    #AllRise

"Odd chant here and there"..... lol yep I can certainly remember when "get lost Sam Allardyce" was considered a glowing endorsement!

"Very few protests".... chuckle.... "killing our club".

"Look at NUFC and Pards".... 16 WHU blogs and forums got together to deliver the results of the biggest online poll about a manager in our history to the board!!

Big Sam was a boring manager whose team played boring football. His type of football is dead in an era where fans pay a fortune to be entertained .

If Big Sam thinks we were deluded then can he not see what we were all on about now we have a manager like Bilic?

Bilic will not win every game but he has a personality and a sense of humor unlike Big Sam. He also believes you can win games by actually attacking the other side occasionally.

My advice to Big Sam is to let the past go and carry on making the Sunderland fans as miserable as you did most of the West Ham fans in his last couple of seasons.
    Hutton nice to see you back fella....

Agree with pretty much all of that......

Trouble is he's sold the rights for some to publish excerpts from his book.
  • Basically, his autobiography is being serialised in The Sun.

So there will be a zillion and one 'stories' over the next few weeks, all based what the journos who are reading the coverage in The Sun think will be clickbait.

Me, I'm not clicking.

I'd prefer to either read the whole thing, or nothing at all, than rely on being drip fed what someone else thinks makes good headlines.
    as i pointed out a while back.

Now I know how you feel, Izzy. ;lol

(PS, I gave you an Agree ;biggrin )
    And Mrs G knew

;bowdown

Btw - twitter is almost in meltdown.....this is the power of the tabloid paper people. Look at the headline and ignore the bit that says "taken from Sam Allardyces book".

• I just went on a Sunderland forum to look at their opinions of his appointment, which I'm not actually going to relay. Instead, after looking at that forum and the Palace one (in interest of the game this weekend) I have to ask, who are these people going around representing West Ham fans that are giving other teams the worst impression possible about us? Both sites claim that we are the most arrogant and self-righteous fans in the country!

Seriously, I don't get it. I know very few hammers fans who fit the criticisms being thrown at us.
  • Must be in the book that Grants writing eski ;ok
  • edited October 2015
    eski

What you have to do is

a) go onto a fan forum website

b) find an obnoxious or patently ridiculous post

c) extrapolate that view to every single fan of the relevant club

#jobdone

It's what the meejah do, too.

How many times have you read 'West Ham fans...' and thought 'Who, me? ;nonono '
  • edited October 2015
    "None of the players would admit it, but they used to sit in the dressing room at half-time going: 'Listen to them, never happy, slaughtering us all the time.'

Poor little footballers, i feel so sorry for them ;weep

#manup
  • edited October 2015
    West Ham's relationship with Big Sam is just like a couple that have stayed in a relationship that has gone wrong for far too many years.

You both end up destroying a relationship that was very good and end up hating each other!!

This.
  • ^Not that^

A reminder, please, that we don't allow masked swearing, not even if you are quoting from another source.
  • Twist

I think we must have very different views on what 'support' means.

If Bilic loses the next 3 games the moaning will be back in full force regardless of how well fans have taken to him. Doesn't matter if we play "attacking or good football" or how in touch with the fans the manager is. Results trump it all these days.
  • edited October 2015
    "None of the players would admit it, but they used to sit in the dressing room at half-time going: 'Listen to them, never happy, slaughtering us all the time.'

Poor little footballers, i feel so sorry for them ;weep

#manup
    BOO to you Twist.

We were probably winning at the time, but it wasn't a 34 pass move with a 25 yard rabonna at the end. Had to do with an Andy Carroll header

#DeludedAndTalk.......

;wink