Official - some people can't let Sam Allardyce go (counselling available, reasonable fees.)

Comments

• Can't be worse than what we've had
  • I think Allardyce would be better than Mr Hodgson for England. But can you imagine us going out for a 1-0 win against San Marino or the Faroe Islands, and setting up 5 4 1 ;doh
  • edited October 2015
    OCS

If you asked eligible players

'Would you like to play for England?'

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, would say 'Yes', rather than 'I'm not good enough.'

Not sure why it should be any different for managers.
  • Wonder how it would've panned out if he'd got the job instead of the wally with brolly which was his best chance.

• They'd have to shut the roof at Wembley to save on new footballs ;whistle
  • I agree Grey. I wouldn't expect anyone to turn down playing for or managing England. But saying you're good enough is very different to believing you are. If I was asked to play for England, of course I'd say yes, but do I think I'm good enough to; of course not.

Likewise Allardyce. Would I expect him to turn down England? Absolutely not. But that doesn't mean he's good enough to manage England.
  • Or eligible either ;ok
  • Allardyce says his greatest pleasure in Premier League management is getting one over on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger. (Sun)

Big Sam

;bowdown
  • I don't know why and I am ;nonono with myself..

But I actually want him to do well there.
  • Why isn't there a 'disagree' button ;whistle
  • IMG_20151011_054410
    Its great to have a manager that actually wants to be at the club and not moan about what a tough job it is. #burden
  • It's great to have fans who actually realise what a rubbish position a club is in and accepting that things have to be done to turn it around, which they may or may not like in the short term to help in the long time
  • I think most fans accept + are grateful for Sam stabilising the club
  • Its all the other dross he served up.
  • (football + comments)
  • Tbf Sam will always feel loved before a ball is lumped kicked. ;wink
  • Or before his opening press conference ;hmm
  • Good luck to him. He's the best man to turn them around in 30 games. He'll probably even do a job on us at the Boleyn.

But we've moved on for the better, you only have to look at Bilic's first 8 games to know that.
  • Or before his opening press conference ;hmm
    But there is no known 'Sunderland way'. ;hmm
  • Awaits #angrybear / #canadiancourt / #slizzyrascal

;run
  • Even #thebear cannot deny this time. ;wink ;run
  • That's not teddy ruxpin!!
  • IMG_20151011_054410
    Its great to have a manager that actually wants to be at the club and not moan about what a tough job it is. #burden
    I posted that because Rav appeared to be having a love in with SA.

Although now you mention it, I would imagine having a complete squad clearout, then making mid table three times on £20m transfer kitty most seasons, plus dealing with your chairman bleating about who signed who......isn't the easiest thing to overcome.

• Awaits #angrybear / #canadiancourt / #slizzyrascal

;run
    ;biggrin

(Gods honest I hadn't even seen this when I just posted above....how bloomin predictable am I)
  • It's great to have fans who actually realise what a rubbish position a club is in and accepting that things have to be done to turn it around, which they may or may not like in the short term to help in the long time
    Oh.....this, THIS, THIS!!
  • That's not teddy ruxpin!!
    That's right - it's Izzy watching Judge Judy. He gets furious with TV judges. Says it demeans his profession.
  • I think most fans accept + are grateful for Sam stabilising the club
    Even the ones that "hate" him?

;whistle
  • ;lol ;lol ;lol