Official - some people can't let Sam Allardyce go (counselling available, reasonable fees.)

Comments

• I can imagine the phone call,

"Tonks, you know that your lot have turned over City, Arsenal and Liverpool this season, and are moving to an amazing new stadium next year, fancy a relegation battle instead, up north?

Tonks? Tonks?...I think he hung up on us...."

• McHammer - he probably thinks he knows who is gettable ... but why would Tomkins move to a relegation candidate club, when he is playing for a club on the up with the move to the Olympic stadium next year?
  • He'll go for Ginge. Nailed on.
    What kinda like Ginge is gone before the end of the transfer window "nailed on"?

Or it's Nigel Pearson "nailed on"?

;wink
  • He'll go for Ginge. Nailed on.
    Somehow I don't think so.
    ;whistle
  • While he probably does need a Ginge type to help shore up that terrible defence, I think how much our pele gets used between now and January will determine whether he goes or not.

Reid has some niggly stuff going on.....Ogbonna is just coming back and JT could find himself in his adopted RB position if Jenkinson continues his inconsistency.
  • Slizz, remember we have Burke as well ;ok

Collins to Sunderland is not a bad shout IMO
  • http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/james-collins-im-part-of-the-best-west-ham-squad-i-ve-seen-but-want-my-chance-to-play-a2952686.html

I love being here, I love the club — the fans. I did think that maybe I was going to have to leave [in the summer] but I didn’t really force it.

“We’ve just had our third child — a son named Jesse — so the timing wasn’t right. I decided to stay and hopefully get some more game time.”
    Doesn't sound like he's keen to move.
  • Snoopy-wallpaper-10663442

bfs on the phone, thank you for calling WHUFC all our agents are busy with more lucrative contracts at the moment.

Your call is important to us and you are placed in a queue, your call will be answered when an agent becomes available.

In the meantime listen to our music, I'm forever blowing bubbles...
  • We do have previous for getting overpaid by Sunderland for our spare defenders...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/2632785/Anton-Ferdinand-completes-move-from-West-Ham-to-Sunderland.html
    While 11m for both Anton/Linda was great business at the time, financially, they weren't our spare defenders from what I recall?

Worst piece of work Duxbury did and ultimately led to Curbs leaving.

;angry
  • Getting all that money for Anton was a fantastic bit of business - the "not using the funds to replace him" part was the questionable bit
  • edited October 2015

Everything you need to know about Duxbury

#bondvillain
  • Collins / O Brien / Nolan to Sunderland - our selling feeder club.
  • Isn't Duxburry now at Watford? ;hmm

#bondvillain
    Isn't Duxburry now at Watford? ;hmm
    No Twist. He's in Eastern Europe doing something dodgy with uranium, a briefcase and a white cat ;ok

#dubiouscharacter

#bondvillain
    After shaking his hand I counted my fingers and checked I still had my watch.

#shonkybloke
  • the only thing nailed on his sam will save them,

#bondvillain
    After shaking his hand I counted my fingers and checked I still had my watch.

#shonkybloke
    Suze ;ok I said "shonky" to someone here just the other day. I may as well have been speaking urdu for all the sense that it made to them ;weep
  • the only thing nailed on his sam will save them,
    I've seen this said a lot since his appointment, but his recent record is terrible. 3 wins in 23 was it?

I'm not as confident as some that he will guarantee Sunderland survival.
  • ocs only my opinion but i beleve he will ive two fifty pound bets and twenty on him starting off with a win sat
  • and first half of the seasonthere were nine wins which equals saviour
  • I don't think it is 'nailed on', but I do think they have given themselves as good a chance as they could have.
  • They've managed to survive far more precarious situations than the one they are in right now - eg like when they only had a few games left and needed to win at Chelsea, etc. Sam has almost 30 games to pull it together which for him is plenty of time
  • But he may not be around for the 30 games. Rumour has it he's got his eyes on the England job again...
  • But he may not be around for the 30 games. Rumour has it he's got his eyes on the England job again...
    Im not hodgsons greatest fan by any means but it would be kind of harsh for the FA to fire him after a near perfect qualification before he's even had the chance to fail miserably at the finals (which we all know he will)
  • my support of him doesnt make me think he should be the england manager, but hed have done a better job than these clowns weve had and again imo he deserves more respect for the good things he did for the club but eh lets all laugh at him instead for having ambition
  • cuz

Not all, not by any means.
  • Nothing wrong with ambition Cuz, but I personally think Allardyce is deluding himself if he thinks he's good enough for England ;ok