Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Welcome Mr Bilic

Comments

• Official statement just read out on SSN
  • Welcome, Slaven.

#lookingforwardsnotback

• Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic about this appointment ;ok
  • On BBC too now...

12:38
    Slaven Bilic has been confirmed as the new manager of West Ham.

The Croat spent 18 months with the club as a player and last month left his role as Besiktas coach after they finished third in the Turkish top flight.

The 46-year-old has also coached Hajduk Split, Croatia and Lokomotiv Moscow.
  • ;wahoo

We have an actual manager ;champagne
  • Welcome, good luck you have 3 weeks to prepare for your first game XD

NOW GET US SOME SIGNINGS DAVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well done West Ham. Some of our last appointments have been:

Roeder
    Grant
    Zola

Whatever anyone thought of Allardyce it was a step up. Again they have taken it to another level.

From an international recognition level this will do a lot for our club.

I'm very proud to have Bilic as our manager.

Well done.
    ;clap
  • The beaded one has arrived.

All hail the bearded one.
  • Welcome Mr Bilic.

#allsupportthenewguyplease!
  • West Ham United are delighted to announce the appointment of Slaven Bilic as the Club’s new manager.

The 46-year-old will become the 15th full-time manager in the Hammers’ 120-year history, returning to the Club he played for 54 times, on a three-year contract.

• I wonder what OCS is doing right now ;hmm
  • Hear it first on whufc.com

Or rather on the BBC sports update as the case might be ;hmm ;lol

big big welcome (back) Slaven. Please do this club proud....
  • I see reading the OS he has also got a law degree, could come n handy at our club...

He still has to get a work permit so not done and dusted yet.
  • Agree Sweepy, ;ok

Academy membership will be bought and I'll be there for his first home game of the season.....not discounting a eurotrip beforehand though..... ;wahoo

But to be consistent for me to sing his name, he'll need to earn that...... COYI

• first task

With his legal credentials, can he find a way of getting Maiga off our books without paying him off?
  • Former West Ham defender Slaven Bilic will return to the club, subject to a work permit, to take over as their new manager following the departure of Sam Allardyce.

"I'm really glad to be back with West Ham United," said Bilic. "It's a big challenge and you are competing with the best and what better club to do it with than West Ham.

"I remember West Ham as a special club. I love these kinds of special clubs. My last club, Besiktas, was that kind of club. It's not about the size - West Ham is big club - there is something special about them - they are a cult club."

"It is a great place to play and I felt like I was at home. It is a big privilege and a big responsibility to now be manager and I hope that I will prove it to the board, players and fans."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/32959480
  • Moderator needs to change title Salven Bilic ? is his brother taking over >.>
  • Well he is certainly saying all the right things ;ok
  • edited June 2015
    Massive risk. No doubt.

Replaced a man with 20 years managerial experience in England with a guy with 0.

But an exciting risk.

#welcomeslav
  • If anything, it will put a stop to LGH's nauseating photos of Mcleish
  • No more of a risk than when Wenger Mancini Laudrup Pochetti were appointed to name but a few
  • Slaven ;clap
  • If anything, it will put a stop to LGH's nauseating photos of Mcleish
    I somehow doubt that Barack ;weep
  • Welcome back Slaven!
  • A couple of user name changes will be needed

Obviously IZWT

Also, will fatbloke now become suavebloke? ;hmm
  • I wonder what OCS is doing right now ;hmm
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WlT1gM04uHw

This
  • The BBC write up on him not exactly inspiring, I posted one on the old thread yesterday which put his record in a more positive light.

For me this isn't the step up from Sam that we was promised but we shall see.

100% support for now, will review his performance again 10 games into the new season....
  • edited June 2015
    Needs a season to be judged IMO
    Juggling Europa possibly and needs three windows to bring in his own players and clear out dead wood.
    Can't get rid of them all immediately as need a squad for rotation next season.
This discussion has been closed.