American Election Discussion

Comments

• I was 17 when the Cuban Missile Crisis came to its climax in October, 1962. It is the only time in my life when I have been very scared of a possible nuclear war. I remember the night just before the Russians turned back, I really thought we were all going to die. The relief on hearing the news that Khrushchev had ordered his ships to turn around was immense. In comparison, Brexit and Trump do not worry me as much as the Cuban Missile Crisis did. But I do worry about relegation and the fitness of Andy. ;puzzled If we do get relegated at least I can blame it on Brexit and Trump.
  • Apparently something like 30% of Latinos voted for him. Really hard to understand.

Coked off their faces on the Bolivian marching power those Mexicans rapist* bring across the border?

*this is not what I or the site owners believe but the new leader of the free world.
  • Can the UK sue the USA if they pull out the Paris agreement after our nation goes under from the Polar caps melting.
  • The sun is shining in Chicago today ;biggrin now to undo the mess the Democrats have made.
  • Trondheim - a good bit of perspective there, I remember the 80s when Ronny Raygun was in the White House, that was scary enough but even that was nothing compared to Cuba.

photo gwtw_zpsfig5cu6f.jpg
  • Can't wait for Michael Moore's next film. ;biggrin
  • I've had to write about world leader reactions from Israel, Palestine and South Asia today. The most sickening thing is all the spineless sucking up to him from governments and liberal media backtracking.
  • Apparently something like 30% of Latinos voted for him. Really hard to understand.

That 30% will be the rich Latinos that Trump will give a tax cut to.
  • simonc said:

The sun is shining in Chicago today ;biggrin now to undo the mess the Democrats have made.

Yep, nothing like a bigoted racist to get in there and make things a whole lot better....
  • Moojor, who are you referring to, the poster or Trump?
  • NE

Seems quite clear it is Trump. Not sure how you could see it differently.
  • edited November 2016
    ;doh I knew he was climate change denier (bad enough) but I hadn't realised he claims its all made up by the Chinese.

Can the UK sue the USA if they pull out the Paris agreement after our nation goes under from the Polar caps melting.

Not sure they can pull out of the Paris agreement for 4 yrs (so it's slightly 'future proofed') and hopefully 4 years will see off the bigoted misogynistic charlatan.
  • - Some light entertainment
    NE as an FYI i certainly do not consider myself either bigoted or racist & name calling is not going to fix anything
  • But you voted for a bigot and a racist.
  • MrsGrey said:

But you voted for a bigot and a racist.

This is just what I was about to post, word for word.
  • Your opinion fyi the definition of bigot is a "person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions." ;hmm
  • Note - just to clarify, simonc, I'm not trying to imply that because you voted for him you are - I don't know you.

But still, you helped elect one to be the leader of your country.
  • It has more than one meaning.

When I refer to Trump, I am going with this: ;ok
    a person who is unreasonably devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
  • edited November 2016
    From the Cambridge dictionary:
    a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life
    So...the comments about women, Muslims, Mexicans that he has actually said on the campaign trail mark him as a bigot, not my opinion.

It is not an unreasonable belief that all people should be treated equally regardless of sex, race or religious beliefs. Therefore my dislike of Trump doesn't make me bigoted.
  • I totally disagree with your take on Trump, he garnered ALLOT of free press by simply being controversial, I don't know him personally and right now there are far bigger issues than what he was goaded into saying on a bus over 10 years ago.
  • edited November 2016
    Even the video is bigoted as well as racist towards dogs ;biggrin

Is it worth starting a new thread for this subject? Trump that is, not the dog. ;biggrin
  • simonc said:

I totally disagree with your take on Trump, he garnered ALLOT of free press by simply being controversial, I don't know him personally and right now there are far bigger issues than what he was goaded into saying on a bus over 10 years ago.

So the comments about building a wall across the Mexico border?
    The comments about Muslims?

These weren't 10 years ago, these were part of his campaign?
  • Moojor For one I don't see a problem with border control it has nothing to do with racism, & Muslim immigration is an issue if the screening process cannot differentiate between religious ethics and extremism.
  • He is a self confessed sexual predator.

• and he is proud of it, he wears his 'nonce' status like a badge of honour.
  • He thinks Climate Change is a hoax ;lol
  • I think his comments for justifying a wall on the US/Mexico border goes beyond border control:
    "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

So all Mexicans are those things to Trump - looks pretty much like racism and bigotry to me.
  • Suzanne this will never end, he strongly denied his Billy Bush statements were true. Believe him or not Hillary attacking Bills accusers actually happened. I would not hold up Trump or Hillary as role models on ethics, I voted for the future, as i believe Trump has a far better plan for business's and people that work for a living than Hillary / Obama did.
  • edited November 2016
    What plan is that O_o did anyone in the American Presidential elections come up with any plans or policies lol.
  • NE - I understand you were mainly exposed to biassed headlines but really!
    This statement is self explanatory, weak border controls are allowing for the influx of drugs, criminals and even rapists, at many of his rallies & at the debates he had victims of these crimes.