Post Transfer Window reflections

Comments

• ;hmm ..... One of the three that came up maybe?
  • Several I would think.
  • edited September 2016

;hmm ..... One of the three that came up maybe?

That's what I initially thought, but then...

Hull
    Middlesborough
    Burnley

;hmm Boro had a good defensive record in the Champo, so I imagine it would be low priority for them. Hull, similarly, and in view of their dire circs, I'd have thought Defenders are not so important, and even Ginge would be out of their price range.

Burnley, I don't know much about.

And given that Ginge got a contract extension, and he loves West ham, how much wold they have to pay to prise him away. So I'm not sure he'd be vfm for a newly promoted club.
  • •Teenage central defender Reece Oxford has stalled on a new West Ham deal, with Manchester United waiting to pounce. (The Daily Mail)
  • From "Ginge signs contract until 2018" on the official website, Christmas Eve 2015
    On a personal level, remaining with West Ham is also hugely important to Collins and his family and friends, with his wife and three young children happily settled in the Essex area.
    I suspect it would be a re-run of the Scott Parker situation where Ginge would be unwilling to uproot his family to play outside the M25.
  • Star (I know) report that Payet handed in a transfer request in the summer but club blocked it.
  • Squawka reporting it as 'Payet asked club to listen to offers' which isn't quite the same thing. ;hmm
  • Still not a " I am totally happy so have no desire to leave" comment is it? ;ok
  • It is unhealthy for a team's fortunes to revolve around one player and that can be disruptive. How good does that make other players feel? No player should be bigger than the team. Payet is good but we need 11 good players. If WHU are still in trouble in January I think he will be gone as there will be no prospect of any European football which he would want. The money raised would enable WHU to buy a class defender and striker, if they can be found.
  • Fortune

It isn't, but then, there is no evidence he actually made that comment, whereas there is an on-record interview where he says he is totally happy and committed.

I know which one I believe.
  • What a load of rubbish

The reports, not G man
  • Slizzy

Although, of course, not mutually exclusive ;wink
  • http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/37157343
    We reported on 17 September that French club Lyon had pulled out of negotiations to sign Togo international striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

A free agent since his contract expired with Crystal Palace at the end of last season, he had held talks with coach Bruno Genesio but a deal "failed to materialise".

However, according to The Mirror Genesio has another side to the story...

“We had a place in our squad for Manu, so I arranged to meet him for a coffee in Lyon," he is quoted as saying.

“But, to my surprise, when he arrived he asked for a shot of whisky in his coffee. He also had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth."

Genesio admitted the interview "began badly" before he decided not to pursue a move for the ex-Manchester City and Tottenham man.
  • Wonder if he's still getting paid by someone, and loses it if he gets another deal?
  • Hopefully Spurs are still paying him ;devil
  • ;biggrin ;devil
  • The guy is a dedicated professional compared to Frankie Mac, he would have had a page three girl in tow as well lighting his ciggie for him.

As long as they deliver on a Saturday is all that matters, and we know Ade delivers ( for about a match and a half at least ).
  • You'd have thought the BBC journo who added it to the sportsday feed might have made the effort to discover the source was a spoof website...
  • In other news, The Onion is reporting
    Gary Johnson Worried He Peaking Too Early After Hitting 9% In Polls
  • WEST HAM AFTER FABREGAS?

West Ham will offer Cesc Fabregas an escape route from Chelsea if the Spanish midfielder cannot break back into Antonio Conte's first-team on a regular basis, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Fabregas has played six times for Chelsea this season, mainly as a substitute, scoring twice in the 4-2 midweek win over Leicester.

The 29-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge for the past 10 months.
  • Yeah file that with Robbie Fowler saying our early season form is all to do with the stadium, nothing else, just the stadium.

Absolute rubbish
  • He is an idiot.
  • Why oh why did we not sign Benteke. :(
  • Zaza is Pony , but so glad we didn't sign Bony ;doh
  • A poet and you didn't even know it... ;biggrin